Third Unique Blend On Eastbound

boba

in a bunch of eastbound discographies there is a 3rd unique blend title, on the same number 626 as "mommy and daddy":

626 - Unique Blend - Sorrow / Won't Be Needing Someone New - 1974

This doesn't actually exist does it? I'm guessing it came from the company files somehow. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I would have thought either Ady, Tony or Dean would be the best people to ask as they've been through those vaults and released a few CD's of Westbound stuff for Ace. I also don't think either side of this supposedly released singe were on any of them as unreleased tracks

Social source share

Going slightly off track, but I bought all the reel to reel tapes (of varying sizes & thicknesses) of "Hunza" records of Toledo, and one of them was "Unique Blend - Yes I'm In Love", haven't listened to it yet, but not sure what the link is, if any - just surprised that it was there

Des Parker

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Is this the same outfit that recorded the mid eighties soulful mid tempo power ballad - My Ship Wont Sail Without You on the white and light black Clicque label.

Social source share

Is this the same outfit that recorded the mid eighties soulful mid tempo power ballad - My Ship Wont Sail Without You on the white and light black Clicque label.

I doubt it. The clique record is a new york record from '85. Probably also not related, but there is another modern soul record by a georgia unique blend from '84 on the RWO label, it has a decent ballad side.

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

I doubt it. The clique record is a new york record from '85. Probably also not related, but there is another modern soul record by a georgia unique blend from '84 on the RWO label, it has a decent ballad side.

Thanks Bob.
Social source share

• 2 years later...

in a bunch of eastbound discographies there is a 3rd unique blend title, on the same number 626 as "mommy and daddy":

626 - Unique Blend - Sorrow / Won't Be Needing Someone New - 1974

This doesn't actually exist does it? I'm guessing it came from the company files somehow. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Yes, I have the Mommy and Daddy on Promo or are you talking about the ''Sorrow'' title?

post-26190-0-50204300-1403113749_thumb.j

Social source share