Lost Soul Club, Sheffield, Sept 3Rd

Guest Brett F

Guest Brett F

In conjunction with the Sheffield Funk Collective, promoter Darren Moon asked me to get my Lost Soul Club line up for a night of 70's Soul, Crossover /Modern Soul, all played on original vinyl records.. All for the charity Cancer Research, £5 on the door, Info..

Sat 3rd September, 8pm- 2am at Penelopes Club, Sheffield

53-55 Arundel Gate S1 2PN

Dj's

BRETT FRANKLIN (Soul Essence, Lost Soul Club)

WAYNE ARBON (Filthy Soul, London)

NEV GRIFFITHS (Coachman, Darlington)

STEVE MANNION ( ex Clifton Hall, Lost Soul Club )

MARK ETHERIDGE ( ex Vault of Soul, Lost Soul Club )

GOOGLE MAPS STREET VIEW, PENELOPES IS SMALL ATTACHED BUILDING TO RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE ODEON CINEMA.

https://maps.google.c...4,,0,10.86&z=17

Edited by Brett F
  • Replies 25
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 5 weeks later...

Guest Brett F

Just a quick mention myself and Steve Mannion are guest djs on Solar Radio's most popular slot the ' Soul People' show this coming Sunday ,24th July, 10.00 -12 noon, so please listen in to hear a flavour of what the Lost Soul Club is about, it will be a mix of rare 70's soul, the odd new release and some great crossover. https://www.solarradio.com/ Sky Digital Channel 0129

Cheers Brett F.

Link To 'Lost Soul Club' Soul People Special on Solar Radio...

https://www66.zippyshare.com/v/75062526/file.html

Edited by Brett F
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Brett F

Penelopes is in the centre of Sheffield

on Arundel Gate opposite Sheffield

Theatres in a complex shared by

O2 Academy and the Odeon Cinema. Penelopes is at the right hand side of the Odeon Cinema, it's a side door entry.

See Google Map in the Events section of the Forum. The venue is a

short walk from the train station,

every bus and Castle Square tram

stop.

Parking

Parking is well serviced by the NCP

Car Park in the same building. Local

on street parking is free after 6.30 pm.

Disabled Access

We have full access.

Drinks Menu

Penelopes offers a wide range of

bottled lagers and beers from

around the world, cocktails, a variety

of spirits, fruit juices, energy drinks,

and guest oddball specials

BELOW IS GOOGLE MAPS STREET VIEW, PENELOPES IS THE SMALL BUILDING ATTACHED TO THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF ODEON CINEMA.

https://maps.google.c...,79.24,,0,10.86

Edited by Brett F
Guest Brett F

Hi Nev, yes a lot of interest, and great Emel and the Switzerland soul crowd flying across to hear the best in 70's / Crossover/ Modern vinyl, really looking forward to our back to back weekends, what with you and I playing down at the superb Filthy Soul, London on the previous Sunday.

Trains tickets/hotel booked,there might be a few others from `down south` coming along has well so hope Sheffield is ready for us :wave::wicked: .

I believe Mr Mannion/Mr Franklin are gonna take us for a fine ales tour of the city for a warm up session. :thumbup::shades: Maybe even see if we can play spot the record shop/any old vinyl :g::shhh: .Just don`t tell Nev :lol:

Guest Brett F

Yes Wayne, we are proud to add you to the line up, you're a man with passion and an incredible collection to boot, there won't be anywhere in Sheffield that day that will have the honour to hear some of the finest records ever made.

BF

Trains tickets/hotel booked,there might be a few others from `down south` coming along has well so hope Sheffield is ready for us :wave::wicked: .

I believe Mr Mannion/Mr Franklin are gonna take us for a fine ales tour of the city for a warm up session. :thumbup::shades: Maybe even see if we can play spot the record shop/any old vinyl :g::shhh: .Just don`t tell Nev :lol:

Will have to sort out a rendezvous as i believe a few of us are in same hotel ..3 in our party ..me and the ladies and of course the one and only Emel is too,so will be good to meet up early doors and have a good chit chat ....drink.....food ..... :)

Will have to show restraint tho :wicked:

• Helpful 1
Guest Brett F

Will have to sort out a rendezvous as i believe a few of us are in same hotel ..3 in our party ..me and the ladies and of course the one and only Emel is too,so will be good to meet up early doors and have a good chit chat ....drink.....food ..... :)

Just let me know what time you wanna' beer boys & girls, i'll get down anytime you want, many a fine establishment to spend a lazy afternoon talking soul.

Ps...Neil, no worries mate, hopefully next time you'll be on the DJ line up, you have a good one with our friends at 'Soul People', i'm sure that night will be outstanding. :thumbsup:

Brett

My mate wants to check out the pub with the really long bar,i believe it`s near or in Sheffield Station.Good call Nev,we are getting up for around 13.15 so meet early doors sounds good to me. :thumbup::P Obviously restraint is required :ohmy::g: .

We did have an offer from Steve Mannion to go watch the Blades against Bury :ohmy::g::shhh: ...i think we will take up Nev`s offer :lol::wave:

My mate wants to check out the pub with the really long bar,i believe it`s near or in Sheffield Station.Good call Nev,we are getting up for around 13.15 so meet early doors sounds good to me. :thumbup::P Obviously restraint is required :ohmy::g: .

We did have an offer from Steve Mannion to go watch the Blades against Bury :ohmy::g::shhh: ...i think we will take up Nev`s offer :lol::wave:

Heyup Wayne....just checked my train tickets ...we don't arrive in Sheff until after 2 ,which is as well cos the hotel ,(like most)has a 2pm check in .

Will probs see you in recpetion ..waiting for your room key...don't have too many sherberts beforehand ..and are we United or Wednesday fans for the day :g:

Edited by NEV
Guest Brett F

DJ Times, Saturday.....

8.00 - 9.00...BRETT FRANKLIN

9.00 - 10.00...MARK ETHERIDGE

10.00 - 11.00...STEVE MANNION

11.00 - 12.00...NEV GRIFFITHS

12.00 - 1.00...WAYNE ARBON

1.00 - 2.00...BRETT FRANKLIN

Heyup Wayne....just checked my train tickets ...we don't arrive in Sheff until after 2 ,which is as well cos the hotel ,(like most)has a 2pm check in .

Will probs see you in recpetion ..waiting for your room key...don't have too many sherberts beforehand ..and are we United or Wednesday fans for the day :g:

Just checked our tickets and we arrive Sheffield 13.48 so maybe we have time for a `pit stop` and onto hotel for check in or we can wait for you and go `en masse`.Looks like Brett and Mark are meeting us for a tour of city at 15.00 :lol::shades: .looking at dj times,looks like it`s orange juice for us for a while :sweatingbullets::no:

Well Mark Etheridge is Weds and Steve M/Brett are Blades,few local boys(originally were) i know who are going Steve lowther and Paul (Keynesoul) are Blades has well so let you make ya own mind own lol

Edited by Hammersoul
Guest Brett F

I'll meet all you guys, girls at the train station, hotel, then drinks and the choice of food is yours....Sheffield is a big city and cosmopolitan....

Lot of interest in the night so please get there early than later as we expect a near full house, and i don't want any travellers disappointed if its full, this is a club venue and a limited door policy will apply, health and safety..Anyway with Nev, Wayne and the Lost Soul Club crowd, i know it will be some of the finest Rare70's/Crossover this City has heard......Oh and they all will be original vinyl releases, no faux soul records at our place... :thumbsup:

Brett F.

Edited by Brett F

Hoping to get to this Brett, just been looking at Google Maps for parking and doesn't look too difficult.If I've got it right it looks like you go past the Odeon on Arundel Gate turn left at roundabout then 2nd left on to Arundel Street where it looks like there is plenty of free on street parking as you say and a good size car park free after 8.30pm at the Science Park B.

Have I got this right or is there somewhere else you could advise nearer?(maybe near Ponds Forge), any way we will get there around 9pm, sounds like it should be a good night with plenty of our sort of music, see you then.

Paul & Sue

I'll meet all you guys, girls at the train station, hotel, then drinks and the choice of food is yours....Sheffield is a big city and cosmopolitan....

Lot of interest in the night so please get there early than later as we expect a near full house, and i don't want any travellers disappointed if its full, this is a club venue and a limited door policy will apply, health and safety..Anyway with Nev, Wayne and the Lost Soul Club crowd, i know it will be some of the finest Rare70's/Crossover this City has heard......Oh and they all will be original vinyl releases, no faux soul records at our place... :thumbsup:

Brett F.

And all for a good cause Brett....great to see so many people getting behind this Brett.

Will call you when we arrive mate.....now i must chill :)

Guest Brett F

Hoping to get to this Brett, just been looking at Google Maps for parking and doesn't look too difficult.If I've got it right it looks like you go past the Odeon on Arundel Gate turn left at roundabout then 2nd left on to Arundel Street where it looks like there is plenty of free on street parking as you say and a good size car park free after 8.30pm at the Science Park B.

Have I got this right or is there somewhere else you could advise nearer?(maybe near Ponds Forge), any way we will get there around 9pm, sounds like it should be a good night with plenty of our sort of music, see you then.

Paul & Sue

Loads of parking Paul, i'll see you when you arrive, and yes i have pulled the best young men on the soul scene to do us proud, all original , true soul all the way....

Edited by Brett F

Registered: May 2007 518926.gif Flying Easy on 3rd September 2011 02:13 AM where i'm at exco_quote.gif exco_edit.gif exco_delete.gif

-New post-

Sounds good Brett .

Collected Nev`s birthday pressie from Brixton right near the old front line :shhh: I`m sure

knowing Nev it will be a 7" of extreme good taste :g: I believe

this might get a spin tomorrow if you buy him a birthday pint:

:shades:

Records all ready to go,just finished work so few zzzz and off we

go for a fine night of top xover toonage and a good old chin wag about the finer

things in O.v.o vinyl.Meet good

/Friendly people and plenty laughs to boot. :g:

:D:thumbup:

My mate has a virus or cold

to you and me lol.So might not be fit to make it tomorrow lol. If anyone wants

to take his place in either hotel (downside is you share a room with me) if you

live North of Watford etc. or if your based in London/south East i have a spare

train ticket going from Kings x at 11.30.Short notice but was only told around

18.00 while at work.

there were no rotten tomatoes flying around! just kisses... :D

Nev was definitely my favourite DJ of the night! blue steam, richard caiton, mixed feelings, bobby king, hamilton movement and many many more of these kind of gems... but billy byrd was missing, mate! or did i miss it while smoking upstairs?.. :ohmy:

thanks a lot!

and not only for the songs but also for your company, nev, brett, wayne, mark, jo and suzanne!

was really really nice to meet you all in person!

take care & talk to you soon :thumbsup:

emel

Edited by emel