2011-09-16: West Coast Weekender Sept Fri 16 To 18

Event Title: WEST COAST WEEKENDER SEPT FRI 16 TO 18

Event Author: Soultown andy

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Fri 16 September 2011

-------------------------------------------------

The west coast weekender this comeing sept will be held from fri 16th sept till sunday 18th,at the pontins holiday camp in southport.Weekender will comprise of 2 niters 2 dayers booking details prices etc in the next day or two.Southport is a nice compact camp and has been far better maintained than most other pointins camps,the main room has a fantastic dance floor with excellent sound.Due to the short notice given by the new management to organise this event,we are only useing one room at the first event,The new owners have asked us to run this event on this date annualy from here on in,and if we do then the other rooms will be used in future.Djs already booked for this event include the willinghams soul sam keith money pete hulatt kev murphy john poole dave welding ian cunliffe phil threlfall wigan paul ged parker mark speakman dave rivers and more .A no of well established soul clubs are also being featured which include,burscough british legion the york soul club and monaco soul club.Dave rivers who is well know to you all on here is running the niter lineups with me looking after the early sessions.Our aim is to provide a good weekend of across the board soul ,with something for everyone in a cracking little camp next to the sea.And who knows come sept the weather might have picked up :thumbsup:.Booking details ifo etc soon.

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Edited by Soultown andy
  • Replies 74
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

this will be a great weekend in a very a nice camp which has recently had a refurb.

all the djs are booked and more confirming every day .

i was very impressed with the sound system, much better than pretatyn has ever been.

thanks to andy for giving me carte blanche to book the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a no of enquires from people local to the camp in southport about session only passes.Im afraid pontins dont do session only passes at any of there camps,its been the same for those local to the prestatyn camp for 10 years,you have to book for the weekend.We will be asking the new owners about this policy,but i honestly dont expect it to change.It might be worth looking into booking one of the budget chalets for 4 locals,i think you will find its still cheaper than a lot of the other weekenders that are really soul nites and no accomodation.2niters and 2 dayers would cost around 30 quid anywere,and for a bit more you get the chalet thrown in as well.

DJ'd here in the Northern Room at the scooter weekender last month.

I have to say the big main room is massive with a superb dancefloor and the sound system could knock you over at 1000 yards. It'll be great to be back there and playing in such a line up of great DJ's.

Honour and a privilege to be asked :thumbsup:

Had a no of enquires from people local to the camp in southport about session only passes.Im afraid pontins dont do session only passes at any of there camps,its been the same for those local to the prestatyn camp for 10 years,you have to book for the weekend.We will be asking the new owners about this policy,but i honestly dont expect it to change.It might be worth looking into booking one of the budget chalets for 4 locals,i think you will find its still cheaper than a lot of the other weekenders that are really soul nites and no accomodation.2niters and 2 dayers would cost around 30 quid anywere,and for a bit more you get the chalet thrown in as well.

the modern wknder here was one of the biggest and best soul wkenders in the world with being local ive been to that event many times .and all i can say is once this new northern wkender gets going im sure it will live up to the modern one that sadly finished after 25 years due to all the uncertainty over its future , i understand the new owners have at last got the place sorted out ,

its a great place to come and enjoy the wknd big massive dance floor its got the lot .

im realy looking forward to it. :yes::thumbsup:

Edited by steptoe

All djs now confirmed !!! a right good line up!

Soul Sam

Carl and Maria Willingham

Keith Money

Dave Welding

Dave Rivers

Pete Hulatt

Kev Murphy

John Poole

Ian Cunliffe

Ged Parker

Stu Cheetham

Karl Rhodes

Wigan Paul

Phil Threfall

Dolly

Chico

Plus showcase sessions from; Bolton,Burscough,Monaco and York soul clubs!!!

Dates already confirmed for next year as well,and with 2 rooms will have a few more of the top djs from around the UK

plus show case sessions by soul clubs from all over the UK and Europe,all we need now is the weather (am working on that !!!!!):hatsoff2:See you there.

post-10837-0-03796700-1310140501_thumb.j

post-10837-0-88334200-1310140523_thumb.j

Guest Ranger

A couple of questions,

First can the two threads be combined? It's a pain in the @rse having to check both to get the latest updates.

Web booking seem to be live here

Pontins Northern Soul weekender

Second question, will there be any accommodation deals for couples?

Last question, if you go through the booking procedure the default number of nights is 2. If you change it to 3 it defaults back to 2, so presumably the all dayers are Friday and Saturday and we all go home on Sunday?

Kev

Edited by Ranger

First answer dont know,second answer the all dayers are sat and sunday. weekend hours are

fri start 5pm till 8am sat mornin

12 noon sat till 8am sun mrnin

sun 12 noon till 8pm sun evenin finish

The sat day session goes straight thru didnt see the point takin a break. Its technicaly 3 sessions if u want to split hairs but over 40 hrs of soul, hope that answers everythin :thumbsup:.

Just had a good look at this & all the others in & around September, can only manage 2 due to financial & physical matters (I'm an old decrepit sod & financially embarrassed), so after seeing that Southport is 2 Nighters plus 2 Alldayers, meaning that there'll be music whenever you go in the room, which suits me, no wandering into Prestatyn or it's deserted sea front freezing your bits off or soaked to the skin, plus it seems to be a similar promotional team, a very good one by the way & have you seen the line up of DJ's??? A definite across the board mix of something Old, New, Rare & Blue, so it's Club class here for us, because we're worth it, closely followed by Skeg Vegas the week after because that's a great friendly laid back weekender, hopefully the sun will shine on both of them & September will be a month to remember.:thumbup:

Take care, be safe & remember,"Ba de ya - say do you remember,Ba de ya - dancing in September, Ba de ya - golden dreams were shiny days",

Spot.:shades:

Edited by spot
Guest gfarrington

Sun 18 Tottenham v Liverpool (1.30pm) ss1.gif

sshd1.gif 1.00pm Premier League Sun 18 Man Utd v Chelsea (4.00pm) ss1.gif

sshd1.gif 3.30pm Premier League

going to be a corking weekender

Thanks for inviting some of the lads from Burscough Legion to spin some tunes at the Southport Weekender Andy--------Mick Howard, Nigel A and meself will be spinnin' the sounds on behalf of the Legion. Really looking forward to this, Southport Pontins is a great venue, massive room and top sound system----this will be a superb weekend! :D:thumbsup:

I'm gonna love not having Scooters being started outside my apartment at 8:00. It'll make a change from the Lancs Alliance Scooter Weekenders where half of the punters are in bed by two.

Good job the dancefloor is massive too with some of the tunes I just know are in them boxes boys. :thumbup:

I'm gonna love not having Scooters being started outside my apartment at 8:00. It'll make a change from the Lancs Alliance Scooter Weekenders where half of the punters are in bed by two.

Good job the dancefloor is massive too with some of the tunes I just know are in them boxes boys. :thumbup:

Cant think of a bigger dance floor at any venue on the scene ged,plus this room has an outstanding sound system.

Cant think of a bigger dance floor at any venue on the scene ged,plus this room has an outstanding sound system.

Don't tell anyone but I used to attend the modern dos here periodically. Absolutely awesome room if it's anything like I remember it :yes:

Exactly the same Phil. Did a few of the Modern Weekends in 90's myself

Aha, it's taken me ages Gethro ... ... I remember you now mate: shorts, vest, sandals and whistle in the soulful house room :lol:

Edited by PhilT

Exactly the same Phil. Did a few of the Modern Weekends in 90's myself

Aha, it's taken me ages Gethro ... ... I remember you now mate: shorts, vest, sandals and whistle in the soulful house room :lol:

I knew you'd get there eventually :lol:

Mind you I wasn't the one with socks on under my sandals :shhh:

Anyone wanting stalls for this contact me or dave directly,just £40 quid for the weekend.

Can I have one Andy, really tremendous leeks and parsnips this year :lol:

Seriously, lots of buzz on this and hope it's absolutely rammed. Great venue and the line-up augurs well (myself excepted of course but I'll be ok long as someone pulls em out for me)

Edited by PhilT

Dj times nearly done ,will post up as soon as i can.

Am now sorting Djs for 2012 already have a couple from overseas booked!!!!

Better start sorting me records out!

yes,getting very close now,really looking forward to the whole event,thanks to andy for the invite to DJ,it will be a blast :wink:

Normally at the scooter doos if you want to stay on the sunday night you pay an extra £10 and you can stay overnight.

Just spoken with them and they said it will depend an availability but that it will be ok going on past weekenders.

so if your booking its worth asking,

I know some go home on sunday but a good few want to stay over.

Not long now!

Guest sharmo 1

Have spoken to pontins about the price of record stalls,and they,ve listened,Stalls at this event 40 quid & vat.

Hi there are there any record stall's left ? regards Simon.

Edited by sharmo 1