Majestic Soul - Thurs 7Th July With Tony Rounce

Our next installment of Majestic soul is on Thursday week 7th July from 6.30pm- 11.30pm

Featuring the usual regulars of Mark Houghton, Brian Baker and myself plus very special guest Tony Rounce.

Tony's knowledge and involvement in soul music are second to none and it's never a dull moment when he's on the decks.

I'm hopeful of some great Southern soul from his visits to Fame studios just out recently the wonderful Candi Staton re-issue cd 'Evidence' plus usual brand of Bonkers tunes, seahorses etc :lol:

Visit our facebook page for a flavour of what we play

Majesticsoul@groups.facebook.com

• Replies 31
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...so am I!:)

I can promise that, per Binsy's hopes, I'll be playing plenty of unissued material, including several fantastic things that will be receiving their public premiere at Majestic.

The box is already sorted out and ready for action...:ohmy:

TAKE THE SPIRAL STAIRCASE

The SeaHorses seem really excited about this installment.....expect to see some interesting art work on this thread.....

Majestic will also be launching new visual material with 'Bonkers' 70's Soundtrack Original Insert (July 7th)....info to follow...:thumbsup:

Along with our new Slip Mats (below)...how about give these beauties a twirl .......hahaha

istockphoto_378622-seahorses.jpg

BakerSoul..........

Brian whatever next?

post-9520-0-69549900-1308654739_thumb.jpg

Maybe Majestic will look like this soon?

It will be intersting to get some info on this event....perhaps we could get them to sort out our lighting problem haha!!...:hatsoff2:

And yes i have to agree with Binsy on the pic.....looks like an audition for one of the earlier Dr Who's...mmm brilliant tho.!!!!

Good call Immy.......

Edited by bakersoul

Going to be an unmissable night with Rouncy behind the decks guesting. He never fails to produce a high quality and very innovative spot whenever he dj`s and once he gets going on the microphone ......:rolleyes: ......:thumbsup: .... let`s just say he wont be short of an opinion !!!

and top it off we appear to have gone seahorse crazy !!!!

Mark H

Mr Rounce you are single handedly responsible for the condition I find myself in - I have goosebumps, my heart rate has raised and my palms are all sweaty.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

This post has been edited by Kirsty:

this is the effect tony has on people :thumbsup:

Edited by binsy

Super Soulful

I am always a fan of the Oldies........:yes:

wimbledon-williams-wimble-001.jpg

BakerSoul...............

.............YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS!!!!

Looking forward to the delights of a Tony Rounce selection. See you next Thursday......a nice evening to spend Imogen's & my wedding anniversary!

We'll get there at some point.

Best

Kev

I expect to see the Bakerman arrive next week with his headband and tennis racket serving up ace after ace behind the decks :thumbsup: ! ............better leave the "Apollo Creed" boxing gloves behind for this one though ! :unsure:

Mark H

Anyone up for a bit of tennis..???

Serve up a few Aces..:D

BakerSoul

.............YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS!!!!

Looking forward to the delights of a Tony Rounce selection. See you next Thursday......a nice evening to spend Imogen's & my wedding anniversary!

We'll get there at some point.

Best

Kev

It will be great to see you both, have a great night :thumbsup:

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Any of you fellas got a DJ running order sorted out yet?

'Twould be highly impolite of me to miss my own set...

Just a few days now before we get to hear Mr Tony Rounce spin for us. Can't wait and anyone who has heard Tony play will know it's always entertaining thumbsup.gif

It's also Brian's birthday so I expect lots of Seahorse related presents for him ph34r.gif

Not long now everyone. Brian is getting his outfit ready and Mr Rounce is getting his Vera Lynn in the trenches album sorted out :)

Hey binsy im having a bit of a job trying to match your Dr Who Outfit.....however finally i have sumthing that fits....

Really Looking Forward to a good dance too............:)

BakerSoul...............................

Guest Imogen

I didn't know it was Brian's birthday today, double celebrations tonight then.

I'll be leaving Starpoint towers as soon as my shows finished so should be arriving about 9.00.

Really looking forward to seeing you all there!:) :)

Imogen x

Edited by Imogen
Guest TONY ROUNCE

Not long now everyone. Brian is getting his outfit ready and Mr Rounce is getting his Vera Lynn in the trenches album sorted out :)

...Already in the box, mate, I just took the Japanese Frankie Gearing album out to make room for it....:)

Hope your CD player(s) is/are working OK up there, as I will be making extensive use of them to bring a bunch of worldwide premieres of unissued goodies to everyone's ears (George Jackson, Jo Jo Benson, Maurice & Mac, Bottom & Co., Dan Penn and that's to name but a few...)

I do have some vinyl to play, too, in case the digital technology conks out. (Bagsy me the first vinyl play of Candi's 'One More Hurt')

See you about 8 - can't get there before then as I'm on 'Dad Duty' till 7...

Edited by TONY ROUNCE