News: Southport Northern Soul Weekender Launch Sept 2011

I'm sure the 'holiday makers' would appreciate a Rare Room :thumbsup:

I was 'toying' with the idea of the one in Spain on at the same time, but after seeing this line up.......... thumbsup.gif NOW if you could just guarantee the sunshine...................

Edited by nightfiler
Social source share

Guest colin brown

Yes,I know.Used to go to The Modern Soul Weekenders-back in the 90s.They have now re-located to Minehead.They are probably hoping you will take over,where they left off,Bar wise.

Social source share

Guest colin brown

Brittania Hotels have managed to f*ck up a Weekender,that reached it`s 10th Anniversary.A lot of hard work had gone into those Weekenders at Prestatyn.Mark Fletcher got the sack after the last one(I am a Friend of Mark).They cut a lot of money off the Budget-thus Live Acts were cancelled and Arenas stopped-this was replaced by a Room,where you thought you were dancing in the Kitchen(next to the Restaurant).Another of their gripeswas not enough Revenue was taken behind the Bars etc.

I have no doubt in your ability to run a Weekender.I just want you to know who you are "getting into bed with".Southport has ran for many years Alex Lowe is a Millionaire.They moved to Butlins-before the Present Management took over Pontins.The Bars were always very busy .

Mind you Back Mate.

Social source share

Ive worked at the southport camp for 6 yrs running the soul niters at the june scooter rally,and also work at prestayn for john and mark.None of the big holiday camps or venues do it for the love of the scene they are ALL in it for the money,thats buisness.We will do the best we can to work with the new people at southport,to be honest at this years scooter rally they were fine.Mark fletcher is a real gent but in todays buisness world anybody can lose their job, hope he is still involved with the march promotion as part of the midnite hour trio.

Edited by Soultown andy
Social source share

Guest colin brown

I was involved in Prestatyn-I ran Channel 6 Radio Show(with Mark Randal).I believe Mark F will not be running the March-if there is one.Nothing has been heard about that yet.I agree about the Business side of things,but the way they came in and undid a lot of work- was not Professional.Lets face it,if it wasn`t for the various Weekenders up and down the Country,they would have empty Camps.

Social source share

Guest colin brown

That is true.Will be interesting to see the Ticket Prices-as that was a main moan.Also the risiing Prices of the Stalls.

Social source share

Price wise think it will work out cheaper than a lot of events were you need to find accomodation here there and everywere,plus your wkend pass.But lets see, if its a good event people will come if not they wont.Stall wise have already raised the issue,so lets see.

Edited by Soultown andy
Social source share

DJS booked for this event

soul sam

carl and maria willingham

keith money

dave welding

pete hulatt

dave rivers

carl rhodes

kev murphy

ged parker

phil threlfall

wigan paul

john poole

stu cheetham

ian cunliffe

soul clubs showcase include,

york soul club

burscough british legion

bolton soul club

monaco soul club thumbsup.gif.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

A splendid line up of spinners does this mean that the event has more of a rare soul emphersis ? as apposed to more traditional northern soul oldies situation ? who do we contact about sales tables ? many thank's Sy.

Social source share

You should be able to book thru www.pontins.com/soulweekender.Like i said am talking to them about stall prices,hopefully we can get em to listen.Music policy will be good djs allowed to do what they do best,with no restrictions from us.We will be working very hard not to have the dreaded repeat [5 or 6 spins]of everyday oldies,but with this line up im sure it will be a cracker.

Edited by Soultown andy
Social source share

I'm sure the 'holiday makers' would appreciate a Rare Room yes.gif

I was 'toying' with the idea of the one in Spain on at the same time, but after seeing this line up.......... :thumbup: NOW if you could just guarantee the sunshine...................

We will be in Spain........................no contest thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Not sure why you posted no contest we have some of the uks top soul spinners at a crackin little camp,but each to his own.

Not sure why you posted "each to his own"? but I did post "no contest" because we were in Mojacar,Spain, last year and really enjoyed the weekender along with great deejays,music and fellow soulies all topped off with superb weather,the organisers also published this year's dates almost nine months ago which gives prospective attendees the chance to make plans,book flights etc.which is great.

Not doin down your event whatsoever,we did the annual Prestatyn northern and modern weekender this year as we have done most years and are disappointed that it was the last,we wish you all the best with this new event in Southport.

Oh,almost missed this out,I refer to WE,this is me and the wife,she has been at my side on EVERY rare/northern event since 1997,so the "his own" statement slightly out.

Peace and best wishes,John Elias. biggrin.gif

Social source share

I replied because i wasnt sure why you posred on a thread for an event you are,nt attending.I still cant see why you added no contest or even posted on this thread,but have a great time were ever you go.

Let me clarify...you've posted up in the rare soul forum,not events o.k..Any member can comment,that's why it is in forums,correct? I was quoting comments re..Spain made by ss member nightfiler!

We can't attend because you are running Southport the same weekend as Hitsville weekender,Mojacar,Spain where we are booked in,so no contest biggrin.gif

Social source share

Let me clarify...you've posted up in the rare soul forum,not events o.k..Any member can comment,that's why it is in forums,correct? I was quoting comments re..Spain made by ss member nightfiler!

We can't attend because you are running Southport the same weekend as Hitsville weekender,Mojacar,Spain where we are booked in,so no contest biggrin.gif

OOOPS! Am i in trouble...........again? rolleyes.gif

Come on guys its just a 'little misunderstanding' i'm sure we'll all have a great time where ever we go. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Hi,

My Brother-In-Law lives in Burscough and we are seriously thinking of attending this weekender and staying at his house, hence not needing accommodation at Pontins.

Could you please advise how much a Weekender Pass, "Without Accommodation" will be.

Cheers, Bridgey

Social source share

Hi,

My Brother-In-Law lives in Burscough and we are seriously thinking of attending this weekender and staying at his house, hence not needing accommodation at Pontins.

Could you please advise how much a Weekender Pass, "Without Accommodation" will be.

Cheers, Bridgey

As with all pontins weekenders they dont do passes only im afraid.We have spoken to em about it but ,have had no joy so far.

Social source share

as said earlier

we are starting a comments are closed after a certain time on front page event news

thinking is that such a window will avoid duplication and helps keep things relevant

eg this news item is mainly about the actual launch than the actual event

the thread for the first of these weekender events can be found here

cheers

mike

Social source share

• 1 month later...