Articles: Junior Walker & The All Stars (Artist Of The Week)

45cellar

AWESOME !! Raw and Soulful. saw him live 3 times, loved every minute!

p.s. if anyone has a signed copy of 'How sweet it is' on a SOUL Demo, can i have it back please? mine was nicked from under my nose whilst at the cloakroom desk after a JW gig at Rock City, Nottm , early 80's ! :thumbsup:

I tried to get it signed at Nottm Palais a couple of yrs earlier but he wouldnt do it, this time he did, i was over the moon

Social source share

Only got DJ box here at moment, got some nice pic covers elsewhere, will see if I get time to look them out.

Meantime:

Got this signed on sleeve on stage at Wigan, almost fell across stage tripping on wires and falling into Jr. He looked at the lanky English kid and said "Where did you get this?" Think I've got a C90 tape of that gig somewhere.

Still an all-time fav

post-5677-0-31610300-1309363269_thumb.jp

Edited by Dean
Social source share

Only got DJ box here at moment, got some nice pic covers elsewhere, will see if I get time to look them out.

Meantime:

Got this signed on sleeve on stage at Wigan, almost fell across stage tripping on wires and falling into Jr. He looked at the lanky English kid and said "Where did you get this?"

Still an all-time fav

That's a Beauty Mate. :thumbsup:
Social source share

Some to enjoy at home, but non-the-less soulful. The 4 set pic later and much funkier but good for when you fancy a change. Way Back Home; "Walk In The Night"; I'm So Glad; Peace and Understanding; Hard Love; Dancin' Like They Do On Soul Train

post-5677-0-75508100-1309364223_thumb.jp

post-5677-0-09603700-1309364268_thumb.jp

Edited by Dean
Social source share

Some to enjoy at home, but non-the-less soulful. The 4 set pic later and much funkier but good for when you fancy a change. Way Back Home; "Walk In The Night"; I'm So Glad; Peace and Understanding; Hard Love; Dancin' Like They Do On Soul Train

Love, way back home, should be played out everywhere. :thumbsup:

Social source share

There was only one Junior Walker.

Loads of favourites, including all the classics, but I've always had a soft spot for a couple of tracks from 1971 that don't get mentioned very often:

'RIGHT ON BROTHERS AND SISTERS'

Great song (with nice lyrics by Gladys Knight) from the Rainbow Funk LP and also issued on the flip of a 45.

'ME AND MY FAMILY'

Soulful ballad from the Moody Junior album, not issued as a 45 I don't think.

I had the pleasure to meet Junior once. He was a nice guy, homely and down to earth.

Paul

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
11 minutes ago, Wheelsville1 said:

I love his later recordings when he was working with Johnny Bristol.These eyes is a cover version which was originally recorded by a Canadian rock group called The Guess Who. Chris.

Who we later knew as 'Bachman Turner overdrive'    (Randy Bachman wrote 'These eyes')

Social source share

Nottm Palais

Nottm Rock City

P'Boro Wirrina

Melton 'Painted Lady' 

4 times i had the pleasure of seeing this Legend on stage,  each time, i was literally blown away .    just wonderful to witness so much energy and passion,  from a musician , who can still to this day, fill a dance floor .  

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!