2011-08-27: Lifeline Real Deal Rare Soul All-Nighter

Leave the Hubby at home; I'm sure you thought of that hehe. We've got a puppy too so Lottie gets to stay at home now :D

Hey Karen

Why don't you and Joan bring your Doggies along with you, I have it on good authority ( froma certain Mr A Dyson) that Mick 'H' is a fully qualified puppy walker :D

Dave

Hey Karen

Why don't you and Joan bring your Doggies along with you, I have it on good authority ( froma certain Mr A Dyson) that Mick 'H' is a fully qualified puppy walker :D

Dave

That's quite right , one of his many tallents- the info came from an insider of the dog whisperer team...

some updates and tweaks to the normal dj times,mick's having a break from his usual triathalon-a-venue....and spending the full evening at the stables ...

I think the women have done enough baking and buying the last few weeks, so lets see some of those Lifeline boys in their aprons and oven mitts this weekend :thumbsup:

Beggsy reckons Butch can bake a mean chocolate cake, and by 'mean' he refers to the fact that there's hardly any chocolate in it. :wink:

I believe Mr. Dyson is particularly partial to knocking up a French Fancy or 2, and apparently, Mick H bakes his cakes Amsterdam Stylee......

Perhaps you guys should put away the sales boxes and use the balcony for one big 'bake off' and demonstrate your pastry prowess......aprons at the ready...... :wicked:

French Fancy's, Jammy Dodgers (aka record dealers) battenburg's et al. The world renowned creator(Karen) of the now imfamous "Burkes Buns" will be spoilt for choices with what to get her laughing gear round on this occasion. :lol:

Edited by Louise

I will be bringing one extra attendee i am sure John Macc will squeeze her in. As all taxi's seemed to be booked in the Northants area by someone called Len on the nite .

Oh i do believe we have a birthday boy in our party one young Tezza ageless lol

See ya on the dance floor

Irish

Me too - 41 years Young! - Come on folks support this night!

See ya there,

Len.

Edited by LEN

Nearly Forgot can you save my usual sales tables for me Chalky

Besides selling a pile of crackly,dusty ol' 45's for this one night only I'll be doing a special buy two get one free offer on tins of squirty cream :lol:

Dave

Edited by Louise

I will be bringing one extra attendee i am sure John Macc will squeeze her in. As all taxi's seemed to be booked in the Northants area by someone called Len on the nite .

Oh i do believe we have a birthday boy in our party one young Tezza ageless lol

See ya on the dance floor

Irish

He dont look a day over (.......) does he? See you later....

Well thankyou Chalky ! our Melvin doing the driving tonight......good boy is our Melvin,

Its my first time in nearly a year at Lifeline so you dont have to be that gentle with me do ya,message for my adopted son Tabs,mines a cold lager in a tall glass cheers

Toby

Not tonight Kev, I'm the driver.

Safe journey bud. :thumbup:

And I know where you will be standing :D by the bar.

See you later my friend.

Kev. :wicked:

And for my surrogate Dad it will be waiting. :lol:

Well thankyou Chalky ! our Melvin doing the driving tonight......good boy is our Melvin,

Its my first time in nearly a year at Lifeline so you dont have to be that gentle with me do ya,message for my adopted son Tabs,mines a cold lager in a tall glass cheers

Toby

Right you are Andy

I'll go and get my milking stool and galvanized bucket out! :thumbsup::lol:

Dave

So long as it's a original bucket we have a deal..

dj times are roughly like this...

9-10 chalky

10-11 cliff

11-11.30 mick h

11.30- 12 andy d

12-1.30 butch

1.30-2.30 steve guarnori

2.30- onwards will be soul sam ,mick h ,rob smith and maybe me.

of course it's more than likely to change, butch is on slightly earlier because of family commitments on the sunday.,so needs to nip off a tad earlier..

A busy record area is also on the cards with all the usual suspects,so get yer ya,ya's out and let's have yer for the no gimmicks niter -well apart from buns ,tarts and old farts..

9-10 chalky

10-11 cliff

11-11.30 mick h

11.30- 12 andy d

12-1.30 butch

1.30-2.30 steve guarnori

of course it's more than likely to change, butch is on slightly earlier because of family commitments on the sunday.,so needs to nip off a tad earlier..

A busy record area is also on the cards with all the usual suspects,so get yer ya,ya's out and let's have yer for the no gimmicks niter -well apart from buns ,tarts and old farts..

Muts nuts :yes:

9-10 chalky

10-11 cliff

11-11.30 mick h

11.30- 12 andy d

12-1.30 butch

1.30-2.30 steve guarnori

Maybe, Andy???.

Its the dogs dangly things is this allnighter.

Edited by KevH

Soon be time for more Welding windups.

Me favourite Brummie in all of outer Birmingham :yes:

Remember all.Don,t think about Lifeline.

JUST DO IT!

As the owner of a very dubious transport company Trevor I would expect you to know the difference between the Black Country and Brum but obviously not!

Mind you this would explain why so many Ann Summers mail order packages all seem to disappear into the balckhole known as

Woodcote Ave, Northampton :wicked::D

Phenomenal... my needs were hugely satisfied and my pants were damp (along with my teeshirt, trousers and hair) :D

I feel as though I've been 'hobbled' but if the cause of such injuries makes me feel as excited and heady as I did last night I shall gladly accept further 'hobbling' when necessary.

I'm a fussy bugger as you all know but musically, last night, each and every DJ set was fantastic.

Words and pictures are available here

Top drawer!!! All dj's on form!!! There was no way Mick was going to leave out his Hopkins Bros,all 3 copies under the Lifeline umbrella.

Special mention for Steve G.Premier collector did a great job.But for all his rarity's...a £10 record did it for me.Out of the blue and unexpected - Liberty..."Girl you better wake up"...a firme puppy i believe.. :lol:

Also mention for Cliff for playing...another storming instrumental. :thumbsup: Lastly,what a nice bunch of people frequent Lifeline.

Roll on October.

Guest gordon russell

What a top night at life line........loads of mental people listening to some top draw music.....we had a ball one and all. Thanks for the tune andy.......didn,t realise it was the hopkins family lol :D steve g on good form in all social and djing departments. Big up for geoff (steves pal ) always a pleasure to chat a thouroughly proper bloke. Might add (hope ya don,t mind mate ) Geoff has retired from work and it,s a credit to see him enjoying the whole night when so many on other threads are too tired or too old to do anything when they're in their 40's....lots of dancers ,lots of trancers and one or two chancers lol couldn,t think of a better way to celebrate my birthday or with better folk.......except the guy from wellingborough in his son,s tank top :D :D ....tezza & jan

Edited by gordon russell

Thanks to everyone for making Lifeline yet again a top night. Everyone played their part. Dj's played some fabulous records, I though Butch was outstanding and wondered how Steve was going to follow "that" as they say but he played a cracking all-nighter set, fresh and upfront. All the DJ's were good though right through to Rob at the end, had to tell the bouncers to pull the plug or Rob would still be there now playing away :D

Once again thanks and hopefully we will have your support again in October :thumbup:

360 miles and 6 hours of driving seems immaterial when we had a fabulous time at Lifeline, Wolverhampton, nice to see people hadn't seen in ages - if your ears ache, apologies lol............nice mix of choons, Shake Sherry is obvioulsy flavour of the moment ; and the modern definately struggled with the crowd against the wonderful 60ts soul (with funky soul kept sensibly in proportion)..............If you don't go, you should and often as you can.......... :thumbsup:

In all it was a gud nite for me some top sets knocked by the Djs packing the floor, which was back to its usual high standard .

Although the nite got a bit to funky for me at times, the crac was gud . And how about the Tempo Twins sharing a birthday happy days all round.

Just hope the 4am closure of the bar gets sorted its bloody hard working up a sweat as requested by Mick H when theres nowt to repleanish it with.

Other than manky tap water from a minging sink .

Yours in Soul

Irish

Guest BigPaul

Top, top nite :thumbsup:

Great mix of music and plenty of madness and mayhem spent with usual suspects :thumbsup:

It cant get any better, can it??? :g:

Lifeline is the dogs balearics :yes:

Long may it continue :thumbsup:

Best

Paul

, the crac was gud . And how about the Tempo Twins sharing a birthday happy days all round.

Yours in Soul

Irish

“the Tempo Twins” - lol that‘s brillaint Irish lol - I personally haven’t enjoyed myself that much for ages. All down to being surrounded by like minded folk adding something to the night - whether it being playing records, chewing ya ear off or just politely nodding in the right places (Well mostly! Lol)

See ya’ll next time, it’s that good I really must remember to bring Nina, my all too understanding Wife (In a she deserves a f*ckin’ medal kind of way!)

…Jesus, I even managed to get through Baz Bond’s wedding the next day…and that’s with the ’Vanner’ crowd! - Bang, crash wallop Ouch!

Len zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

........ Big up for geoff (steves pal ) always a pleasure to chat a thouroughly proper bloke. Might add (hope ya don,t mind mate ) Geoff has retired from work and it,s a credit to see him enjoying the whole night ....tezza & jan

You're not wrong....I just hope i have his get up and go when i retire!!!!

• Helpful 1

First time for me at Lifeline and only my second "niter" it must be said, after Len introduced me to this amazing night (thanks again mate). Although didn't arrive 'till 1.30 was hit immediately by the music & atmos. Great to have a peek at some records upstairs and a good look around / good dance to a few and chat to some welcoming like minded people.

Thought the sound system was top drawer and certainly did the records justice.

Although completely sober, I lost myself to a good few records at times and one in particular around 4.30am I think it was. Not a clue what the record was (like so many others on the night, which was great) but have heard it once before at Thorne a few weeks back. Amazing uptempo dancer. Could it have been Hopkins Bros?

Firmly in the diary for future, thanks.

Steve

In all it was a gud nite for me some top sets knocked by the Djs packing the floor, which was back to its usual high standard .

Although the nite got a bit to funky for me at times, the crac was gud . And how about the Tempo Twins sharing a birthday happy days all round.

Just hope the 4am closure of the bar gets sorted its bloody hard working up a sweat as requested by Mick H when theres nowt to repleanish it with.

Yours in Soul

Irish

Did'nt you notice the sign "THIS IS NOT DRINKING WATER" It cant be that bad your still here.lol

Atb.Kev.

Fantastic nighter for me,first time out in ages

Didnt Steve G do well,top tunes from a top bloke

In saying that each and every DJ did it for me,tunes to die for,well done and thankyou.

Great to see old friends again after my lay off period,cheers to our amigo Melvin for driving duties and to PJ for the company

Happy birthday Tezza

See you all next one for sure.........im back

Toby

LL deffo ticked all the boxes.

Brilliant musically and socially.

Only downside was the bar closing early.

In the diary for the next one.

Yours in Soul

Irish

Good to see you Steve.

Firmly in the diary for future, thanks.

Steve

And especially good to see my Dad. :lol:

See you all next one for sure.........im back

Toby

Did'nt you notice the sign "THIS IS NOT DRINKING WATER" It cant be that bad your still here.lol

Atb.Kev.

That's only to ensure you 'buy' water from the bar :D Which is a bit sill when the bar is actually closed :lol:

Edited by TheSoulgirl