2011-08-27: Lifeline Real Deal Rare Soul All-Nighter

Guest BigPaul

Did'nt you notice the sign "THIS IS NOT DRINKING WATER" It cant be that bad your still here.lol

Atb.Kev.

Nor did i Kev, no wonder i had bad guts all day yesterday :P

A gallon a Fosters has put it to rights, this lunch though :wicked::lol:

Best

Paul

Top night at lifeline, the music just pure quality, best i've seen the dancefloor for a long while imo, i agree with irish the bar closed early, a lot of new faces first time for them, they were telling me they will be putting this event into their dairy, keep the good work up lads cheer billy p.s did i hear george blackwell that night brill record nice to hear at rare nighter :shhh: :shhh:

Top night at lifeline, the music just pure quality, best i've seen the dancefloor for a long while imo, i agree with irish the bar closed early, a lot of new faces first time for them, they were telling me they will be putting this event into their dairy, keep the good work up lads cheer billy p.s did i hear george blackwell that night brill record nice to hear at rare nighter :shhh: :shhh:

cheers Billy, we weren't happy with bar and the machine in other side not working but we will have a go at the management about it.

Andy played George Blackwell, as you say brill record. As we say you can't play unknown and semi known all night or people will lose interest so you have to strike a balance.

Billy,

Where did you go?

You know my legs crammped up,but I fought the pain and I got up for George Blackwell,one of my all time favs.

Kev.

Edited by good angel
Guest sharmo 1

Far out night again three tawny owls flew over one after another that's a rare sight and a good omen mick H any chocolates left mate ? Andy and Chalky thanks to both of you for the table I'm greatful and thank you to the peole who bought records from me I'm greatful to you all no way was there a bad scratch played that night with respect and regards Simon.

Edited by sharmo 1

Billy,

Where did you go?

You know my legs crammped up,but I fought the pain and I got up for George Blackwell,one of my all time favs.

Kev.

Billy,

Where did you go?

Kev.

I KNOW KEV I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW, I GOT A LIFT UP BY A LOVELY YOUNG LADY, SHE WANTED TO GO AT HALF 6 AND SHE WASNT FEELING VERY WELL AND WAS SICK IN THE MORNING, I WAS ONLY GETTING TO WARM UP AROUND 5 O CLOCK IN THE MORNING, KEV I NOTICED U GET LOTS OF LEG CRAMP, I KNOW U DANCE A LOT UR TOO YOUNG TO GET LEG CRAMP, Y NOT TRY A HEAVY DUTY HAIR BRUSH ON UR LEGS WHILE IN THE SHOWER OR BATH KEEP THE ARTERIES OPEN BIT OF USELESS INFO THERE TRY IT! CHALKYS RIGHT U GOT TO KEEP THE MENTO GOING AND GEORGE BLACKWELL WAS THE RIGHT RECORD I GOT THAT IN MY BOX TAKE CARE KEV SEE YA LATER BILLY

What a top night at life line........loads of mental people listening to some top draw music.....we had a ball one and all. Thanks for the tune andy.......didn,t realise it was the hopkins family lol :D steve g on good form in all social and djing departments. Big up for geoff (steves pal ) always a pleasure to chat a thouroughly proper bloke. Might add (hope ya don,t mind mate ) Geoff has retired from work and it,s a credit to see him enjoying the whole night when so many on other threads are too tired or too old to do anything when they're in their 40's....lots of dancers ,lots of trancers and one or two chancers lol couldn,t think of a better way to celebrate my birthday or with better folk.......except the guy from wellingborough in his son,s tank top :D :D ....tezza & jan

Thanks for your very kind words Tezza, much appreciated. You and all my other friends know my love for the music, it keeps me going, that is true, don't know what I'd do without it and going out and seeing friends all over the country. I do sometimes wonder if people are secretly saying what's that old fool (or any other noun you care to use) doing here and jumping around on the dance floor. But until I can't do it any more I will continue to go out and enjoy our music, can't imagine my life without it.

• Helpful 2

There isn't much I could add to the comments already posted on a wonderful allnighter. The music was (as usual) top class. As the Hopkins Brothers is my current favourite dance tune I was in heaven when it got played three times, and I danced to it each time. It was mentioned that it was played at Wigan, is that true? First record I danced to was Too Late by Black Sugar played by Cliff Steele, strangely that was the first one I danced to at my last visit back in February. Plenty of new tunes (at least to me) played but plenty I knew. I agree with Chalky, you do need to mix things up with some perhaps lesser played old classics as well as new spins. Great to see Steve G on top form, thanks for playing the Poets and the Richard Marks track I requested.

There were some sound problems, especially during Foolish Girl. It's a pity the bar closed when it did, about that time I'd have fancied a cup of coffee, hopefully that can be sorted out. I thought the dance floor was just right, nice and slidey. There were loads of my friends there, for me that really helps to make a great night. Thank you all for listening to my ramblings. And a special thanks to my 2 travelling companions, Martin who drove and Karen, your company was great and didn't we have some good laughs in the car?

And a final thanks to the DJs and organisers, a great night, long may it continue.

There isn't much I could add to the comments already posted on a wonderful allnighter. The music was (as usual) top class. As the Hopkins Brothers is my current favourite dance tune I was in heaven when it got played three times, and I danced to it each time. It was mentioned that it was played at Wigan, is that true? First record I danced to was Too Late by Black Sugar played by Cliff Steele, strangely that was the first one I danced to at my last visit back in February. Plenty of new tunes (at least to me) played but plenty I knew. I agree with Chalky, you do need to mix things up with some perhaps lesser played old classics as well as new spins. Great to see Steve G on top form, thanks for playing the Poets and the Richard Marks track I requested.

There were some sound problems, especially during Foolish Girl. It's a pity the bar closed when it did, about that time I'd have fancied a cup of coffee, hopefully that can be sorted out. I thought the dance floor was just right, nice and slidey. There were loads of my friends there, for me that really helps to make a great night. Thank you all for listening to my ramblings. And a special thanks to my 2 travelling companions, Martin who drove and Karen, your company was great and didn't we have some good laughs in the car?

And a final thanks to the DJs and organisers, a great night, long may it continue.

someone who`s also member on here statetd on facebook that Richard Sealring used to play it at wigan...was surprised myself to learn that..you live and learn. Not bad for a Wigan oldie I must say :thumbsup:

Loved it. Enjoyed both being there and also being guest DJ. For a bit the left hand deck was playing up but Dave Thorley maaged to sort it out :thumbup: All round a top night. Lorraine and I turned up "early" (apparantly) at 10.30, and the place was already buzzing, and that didn't stop all night. :thumbsup: Roll on the next one with Arthur Fenn as the guest.

I had a copy in 2007 which I played out a bit at Bidds/New Century and a few other places, but then sold it to Alex Jones, which he played at Lifeline last Year. I'm pretty sure they may be "The Agents" in a later incarnation. I have multiple versions, with different arrangements of this, with some never making it to the Acetate stage - which are pretty good. Phil Gaber did 3 Acetates of this, all similar BUT not identical, all with slightly different arrangements, also 1 was single sided, and 2 had different ballads on the flip. It's a great track and top marks for giving it a well deserved spin!!!

Des Parker

• Helpful 1

Bit of a belated thanks from my side,thumbs up to a great bunch of loyal soul music lovers from all over the great brittish country side,saturday was a very important nite for lifeline ! Guest steve was thrown in right in the deep end and did a sterling job.

October brings Arthur Fenn of the glen.. c.u all there hopefully !

• Helpful 2

With regard to the bar problem, perhaps one of the promoters could sell bottled water, at a profit, after the bar closes next time? I'd buy it :) Otherwise I shall pop some bottles in the car to retrieve after the bar has closed. This reason wouldn't stop me attending; I'd happily wither prune-like than miss it :D

With regard to the bar problem, perhaps one of the promoters could sell bottled water, at a profit, after the bar closes next time? I'd buy it :) Otherwise I shall pop some bottles in the car to retrieve after the bar has closed. This reason wouldn't stop me attending; I'd happily wither prune-like than miss it :D

We won't have a problem with that if you want to bring your own for after 4am if this was to happen again but we will try and get drinks for punters.

I can't ever see you being prunelike Karen. Agree with you about water availability. I thought it was a legal requirement.