2011-07-30: New Century Soul Manchester Allnighter

Guest Chris Waterman

Gospel Bob will give me forgiveness :lol:

But I can manage a half for you. :yes:

Safe journey and see you Saturday. xx

Hi Tabs ,

Looking forward to seeing you & Eddie on Saturday .

Mine's a Magners , remember that creeping is still required for forgiveness.. lol .. :0))

Claire xxx

• Replies 101
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Chris Waterman

Hi All,

got a one dealer table left, so pm or text please.

DJ times sorted and are as follows

'Three Befor One'

10.00 til 10.30 Willie

10.30 til 11.00 Kenny Onions

11.00 til 11.30 Dave Abbott

11.30 til 12.00 Willie

12.00 til 12.30 Kenny Onions

12.30 til 01.00 Dave Abbott

Main Hall

9.00 til 10.00 Jimmy Randle

10.00 til 11.00 Andy Garside

11.00 til 12.00 Grant Rankin

12.00 til 01.00 Ian Cunliffe

01.00 til 02.00 Chris King

02.00 til 03.00 John Pugh

03.00 til 04.00 Phil Trelfall

04.00 til 05.00 Bob Hinsley

05.00 til 06.00 Andy Dyson

06.00 til 07.00 Steve Thomas

07.00 til 08.00 Kev Murphy

will try and get the 'Rhythm & Blues Suite' times up a little later, if I can get hold of Hoss.

hope to see some of you up in Manchester tomorrow

Best

Chris W

Guest Chris Waterman

Just heard Mr Abbott and Mr Vickers are at Sean's in Wolverhampton for a BBQ so could get messy later, PA sorted in all three rooms, sound checks done, banners are up, plus a little turf marker for our Welsh visitors.

see you all later

Best

Chris W

Ditto Joyann Grant Rankin best spot of the night, he has some awesome records needs to be on more often IMO :hatsoff2:

Cheers for Billy Sol and (eventually) The Chaumonts :rolleyes::P

Also enjoyed Phil and Ian's spots in fact i'd go as far as to say best night music wise i've had at Radcliffe :thumbsup:

Happy birthday to Eddy, some pics in gallery :thumbsup:

Sandy

WELL DONE GRANT!.......what good records you've got, apologies for getting up on stage and telling you you had played the wrong side of a record that you had'nt yet played!.......HA!............. i aint going to live that down am i?....... i suspect you will get quite a bit of mileage out of that!

Donna

Another triumph! Simpley and excellent Northernsoul experience, I was in an Oldies kinda mood as I hadn’t been out since Cleethorpes and I found my self predominantly in the main room enjoying the line-up. Chris King, Bob Hinsley and Andy Dyson where faultless and I enjoyed dancing to old favourites and with the odd unknown thrown in for good measure, Chris King always seems to have a couple of surprises up his sleeve.

I only visited the Modern Room for a few hours and Neil and Steve are quite the wizards spinning magic that drives the heat up in an already hot and muggy summer evening.

I had a brilliant night, the eight O’clock finish was just what the doctor ordered and it was excellent to spend the night with so many friends.

The most sincere thank you to all involved for providing a quality do, I can’t wait for the next one!

WELL DONE GRANT!.......what good records you've got, apologies for getting up on stage and telling you you had played the wrong side of a record that you had'nt yet played!.......HA!............. i aint going to live that down am i?....... i suspect you will get quite a bit of mileage out of that!

Donna

will never mention it again Donna :wicked:

had a great night, music was top notch, Phil T played a tune never heard before, forgot what it was already!!

Big thanks to Chris/Kev for letting me spin a few too, loved it :thumbsup:

will never mention it again Donna :wicked:

had a great night, music was top notch, Phil T played a tune never heard before, forgot what it was already!!

Big thanks to Chris/Kev for letting me spin a few too, loved it :thumbsup:

It's that bloody Sam and Kitty c/u from Morecambe days Grant; think Carl Fortnum has the other one which he bought from Gibbons back in the 80s as I recall. (Not everyone's cup of tea of course but it seems to have got a good response when I've played it out recently. I'd looked for it for 20+ years before stumbling upon it last year. Just realised how totally unhelpful all that is mate :lol:)

Really sorry to have missed your set mate and the other lads who were on a bit earlier too, we were a bit late setting off for various reasons. What did you play? Catch you again really soon I hope.

Thanks to Murph n Chris for inviting me to play a few tunes (apols for the instrumental again lol) and to Joan n Tony for their usual sparkling company :thumbsup:

ps. Sad to say that my evening was spoiled somewhat by the site of Mr Cunliffe's legs, given that he was sporting a pair of 1940s desert rat shorts :ohmy: Overall I'm afraid he didn't really look that much like Don Estelle but if I'd known it was fancy dress I'd defo have made more of an effort. Are you breaking them in for a seagull pal :lol:

It's that bloody Sam and Kitty c/u from Morecambe days Grant; think Carl Fortnum has the other one which he bought from Gibbons back in the 80s as I recall. (Not everyone's cup of tea of course but it seems to have got a good response when I've played it out recently. I'd looked for it for 20+ years before stumbling upon it last year. Just realised how totally unhelpful all that is mate :lol:)

Really sorry to have missed your set mate and the other lads who were on a bit earlier too, we were a bit late setting off for various reasons. What did you play? Catch you again really soon I hope.

Thanks to Murph n Chris for inviting me to play a few tunes (apols for the instrumental again lol) and to Joan n Tony for their usual sparkling company :thumbsup:

ps. Sad to say that my evening was spoiled somewhat by the site of Mr Cunliffe's legs, given that he was sporting a pair of 1940s desert rat shorts :ohmy: Overall I'm afraid he didn't really look that much like Don Estelle but if I'd known it was fancy dress I'd defo have made more of an effort. Are you breaking them in for a seagull pal :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Guest rosemary

Me and Sue had a great night :yes: and we found the venue easily after I had walked up and down the streets of Radcliffe on Google street view before we set off and had written a long list of local landmarks and with help from Tabs..... :lol:

Excellent music in all 3 rooms........spent most of my time in the modern room.....the room was very hot and so was the soulful house :)

My head and legs packed up about 4.30am :lol: so we left about 5am.......

We will be back :yes:

Thanks again for the goodies Mr Tabs :D

Rosemary xx

Perv you should,nt be lookin at mi legs :D Sour grapes from a ex pro cricketer methinks :g: Its took mi years walkin Ted the Staffy

and gym work to get such mighty fine Anglers legs as that spring coils that can kick a door down in one :lol:

Back to Radcliffe great nite as usual got a long term want just before i left which made mi happy, music has always top notch

Had to leave before Phils spot but i heard it was brill had a laugh ont way home when we got pulled by the rozzers and Jane got breathlised ( she does,nt drink ) they pulled her for driving to slow 30 mph in a 30mph zone plonkers..

All in All a great time pity the fishing sunday mornin was,nt as good :(

Don't you just love those night's?Had no intentions of coming over the Pennines this time as Lynn was working late & we've got lots on in the coming weeks so the sensible thing to do was stop in...........well we don't do sensible & we were soon climbing those Pennines on the way to Radders........if a tad late.

Well the trip was more then worth it,plenty of the usual suspects playing out so we knew it was gonna be another great night.Spent the early part of the night catching up with everyone,talking records,well talking bollocks mainly :yes: Then it was time for a wonder round the three rooms to see what was occurring,plenty of good music that's what.After last time we took special interest in the R n B room because it was that good,I'm pleased to say it lived up to the expectations.Hoss,Roger & Steve Hiscock blew me away with tune after tune of top quality dancers,then a lad from Ireland (sorry didn't catch his name) came on & played set of the night for me.....WOW!!!! Early 60t's dancers at there best,one after the other it was relentless but brilliant.While having so much fun in the R n B room we still managed a few visits into the small room that also was playing plenty of quality modern type tunes.So this didn't leave much time for the main room I'm afraid,caught a bit of Andy's spot that's all really,I was sorry I missed Bob as he was excellent (as always) the week before at Wilton.So come 6.a.m after all the rushing about it took it's toll & I could hear god's own county of Yorkshire calling me,so said our goodbyes & left with big beaming smiles on our faces.

We'll be back we had too much fun not to :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Guest Blackwingedangel

@ Martyn (hullsoul above) the Irish 'lad' (use the term loosely as he's practically a pensioner ;-)) you heard play in the R N B room was Bill Kealy (Bill K on here). Brilliant set agreed & I still have the jelly legs today to prove it ha ha!! :thumbup:

Gail

@ Martyn (hullsoul above) the Irish 'lad' (use the term loosely as he's practically a pensioner ;-)) you heard play in the R N B room was Bill Kealy (Bill K on here). Brilliant set agreed & I still have the jelly legs today to prove it ha ha!! :thumbup:

Gail

Gail

Thank you,that's the man.Just thought it was nigh on the perfect set for the room,loved it.

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1

Had a great time, the SON Room was quality as per usual, sets of the night for me were Big George & Dave Abbott, Dave was on fire......absolutely stunning stuff, Eddie played 2 fine supa soulful sets & everything you would expect from a lovely bloke who has inspired me musically for years. Stevie kept it all together as usual & ensured everything flowed, again playing intelligent quality soul music for the dance floor. Thanks to everyone for dancing & the kind words with regard to my set.

Many thanks to Sean Hayden for his great hospitality & company through out the day & night as well as all the friends old & new who made it all so enjoyable & messy at times as was predicted :hypo: .

Thanks to all at NCS.

Best Russ

Forgot to say: best spot of the night for me was big George in the soul or nothing room ----- by a clear mile-----OUTSTANDING! Really glad he was on 3-4 as i got to hear his full set (for once).

Hey George, don't forget to include those 3 records i asked you about when you do my next cd ......I hope to god you can remember what they were!

Donna

Had a most enjoyable time on Saturday.

Spent all of it in the main room so can't comment on the others but what did strike me was the amount of tunes that were repeated. That said, it is the type of venue that doesn't lend itself to hearing what's being played unless you are in the room.

One thing that did annoy me though was Chris King playing the Four Voices at what sounded like plus six. It is one of my favourite records so I felt like shooting him :lol:

All in all a great night :thumbsup:

Edited by jumpinjoan

well the day didnt start to well when an hour before we left bristol the hotel rang to say they were double booked,they had got us in the premier inn for the same price which was a better hotel but 15 mins taxi away instead of 5 after a few calls they agreed to pay half....once we got there straight ot the beefeater for food which took over an hour but glad to say thats where the bad luck stopped...our first trip to radcliffe was brilliant,love the venue,spent most of the night runnin back and forth from the rnb to the main room...top tunes and great friendly folk ...long drive home after only a couple of hours sleep but hope to make it up there again

big thanx to all involved

dean

A big thank you to Chris n' Marcelle for the invite to spin a few of my albums in the 3 before 1 room :hatsoff2:, for the folks who are interested i've put my list up in Events- Playlist.

Totally agree with you Martyn, Bill Kealy (the Irish dj) in the Rn'B room played some blinding uptempo 60's dancers and had the place buzzing :thumbup: .

Until the next one.

Willie

Edited by Soulgrit
  • Helpful 1

i thought he had just finished work as baths attendant (hitler i mean mr cunliffe), anyway top spot as always phil....del tours!! :thumbsup: spent most o the night in the little room .top night great music in all rooms

Edited by steptoe

i thought he had just finished work as baths attendant (hitler i mean mr cunliffe), anyway top spot as always phil....del tours!! :thumbsup: spent most o the night in the little room .top night great music in all rooms

You should try dressin a bit younger Mr Steptoe instead of the current Southport over 70,s look

Dress young feel young look young ya owd codger now get back in the owd folks home before they realise your missin :yes::D

Cheers Eddie... A nice mix of sounds from you, Dave and Russ, a pleasure to have you all along......

Good to see some new blood at the niter from South Wales, Edinburgh etc, Dorset, Bristol etc etc...

Thanks to all who came along, it looks like you all found something to your taste in one of the rooms,variety is the spice of life they say..

Back In September..... :hatsoff2: