Greatstone Soul Club - Sat 16Th July - New Format Night - Guests Mace & Des Parker, Tony O

The Greatstone Soul Club Presents - A NIGHT OF 100% ORIGINAL, QUALITY SOUL MUSIC Rare 6ts Soul, R & B, Northern & Crossover - Saturday 16th JULY , and always 'Every Third Saturday Of The Month'

The Night Runs From 8.00pm til 2.00am Tax £4.00 otd. Includes Buffet

SPECIAL GUEST Dj's MACE , DES PARKER ,TONY JACKSON , MARK BAILDON , PAUL HAVEKIN , STEVIE Z

Busy day in Manchester on the 16th for all us rare soul lovers. First up is the Record Fair and swap meet at Hyde FC. SK14 5PL from 12 noon until 6.00pm, Then we are opening the doors of the Greatstone early ( 7.00ish) to allow people to chill have a few beers and play a few. Then it's the 'normal' rare soul night, with a twist. We have decided to try half hour spots throughout the night. Some of our regulars suggested it, so we are gonna try this format, which should encourage more of a mix and a flow.This will also enable us to get more collectors/dj's behind the decks. Then for the people who simply can't get enough there's Burnley all-nighter to round off a very long day.

Guests this month so far Mace and Des Parker, more to follow on these guy's and maybe a few surprises too.

post-2273-0-50015700-1309463641_thumb.pnpost-2273-0-94154400-1309463668_thumb.pn.

The Greatstone Hotel The A56 Chester Road, Stretford, Manchester M32 ORN ( 5 mins from Jnt. 7 M60, 2Mins. from MUFC )

More Info Tony greatstonesoul@googlemail.com]

Mark markbaildon@bowdoncheshire.freeserve.co.uk

Edited by Tony Jackson
  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Wow, one loooonnnggg day of records, beer & burgers courtesy of Mr Bicknell, The Greatstone Lads and The Burnley Boys.

Seriously, what better plans could you have for a saturday & sunday?

I'm gonna be fcuked by mid-afternoon, so apologies in advance, for general abuse, anticipated p*sstaking and overall verbal shite.....:yes:

If anybody find me in a gutter by midnight please put me in a trustworthy taxi back to the Stoke area.........:lol:

Edited by Mace

7.00 till 8.00 early doors anything goes

8.00 till 8.30 Mace

8.30 till 9.00 Des

9.00 till 9.30 Budgie

9.30 till 10.00 Tony O

10.00 till 10.30 Mace

10.30 till 11.00 Des

11.00 till 11.30 Paul

11.30 till 12.00 Mark

12.00 till 12.30 Tony

12.30 till 1.00 Paul

1.00 till 1.30 Mark

1.30 till 2.00 Tony

Tony how does that look, there is plenty of time to tinker with it (as the Actress said to the Bishop) :thumbsup:

8.00 till 8.30 Mace

8.30 till 9.00 Des

9.00 till 9.30 Budgie

9.30 till 10.00 Tony O

10.00 till 10.30 Mace

10.30 till 11.00 Des

11.00 till 11.30 Paul

11.30 till 12.00 Mark

12.00 till 12.30 Tony

12.30 till 1.00 Paul

1.00 till 1.30 Mark

1.30 till 2.00 Tony

Tony how does that look, there is plenty of time to tinker with it (as the Actress said to the Bishop) :thumbsup:

Edited by steve z

8.00 till 8.30 Mace

8.30 till 9.00 Des

9.00 till 9.30 Budgie

9.30 till 10.00 Tony O

10.00 till 10.30 Mace

10.30 till 11.00 Des

11.00 till 11.30 Paul

11.30 till 12.00 Mark

12.00 till 12.30 Tony

12.30 till 1.00 Paul

1.00 till 1.30 Mark

1.30 till 2.00 Tony

Tony how does that look, there is plenty of time to tinker with it (as the Actress said to the Bishop) :P

I know Mace and Des have a prior engagement, and have asked for earlier than normal slots......however there are quite a few guest ales behind the bar which might 'muddy the water' a little, our other guest Tony O. may go into shake hands mode early doors :thumbup: .....so lets leave it at that for now, then totally change things on the night :no:

I know Mace and Des have a prior engagement, and have asked for earlier than normal slots......however there are quite a few guest ales behind the bar which might 'muddy the water' a little, our other guest Tony O. may go into shake hands mode early doors :thumbup: .....so lets leave it at that for now, then totally change things on the night :P

Times are fine for me :no:

Des, Beggsy, Wilxy and meself will be there from opening time as we are coming straight over from the record fair.

If no-one is DJing when we arrive we'll just randomly play stuff from the sales boxes to amuse ourselves.....:g:

Times are fine for me :ohmy:

Des, Beggsy, Wilxy and meself will be there from opening time as we are coming straight over from the record fair.

If no-one is DJing when we arrive we'll just randomly play stuff from the sales boxes to amuse ourselves.....:)

Early opening of 7.00pm confirmed today:D

Just learned today that as this weekends "function finder" on the Great Northern Adventure, our second call after the Hyde record fair will be the Legendary Greatstone Soul club, prior to the Burnley Batcave soiree :g: .......Out of sheer courtesy....it seems ......I'll be the sensible one :D

See you Saturday, best wilxy :thumbsup:

Just learned today that as this weekends "function finder" on the Great Northern Adventure, our second call after the Hyde record fair will be the Legendary Greatstone Soul club, prior to the Burnley Batcave soiree :D .......Out of sheer courtesy....it seems ......I'll be the sensible one yes.gif

See you Saturday, best wilxy :thumbsup:

You will be made most welcome Wilxy thumbsup.gif .....sensible behaviour though, is optional :lol:

Looking forward to the change in format and hearing Des, Mace and Tony " the handshake " O . See you all Saturday. Tony how are you getting up to the record swap thingy give me a bell tomorrow Paul.

Edited by P5OULH

Big shout and a massive thank you to the Greatstone boys for giving the swap meet a big up over the last few weeks, seems the record fair could be the start of a very good weekend indeed and might be the kick start I need to start getting out and about again to all things soulful, you never know lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.