Ebay Purchases Grading And Postage

I bought 5 records from Puresoulie (From Germany) on Ebay 3 of them were graded VG++ but were VG at best and infact visually cody black was VG minus.

The two other records were correctly graded

He charged me $11 P&P which comes to 7.5 Euros yet the postage cost 3.5 Euros - he had used a used Jifffy bag to pack with 2 pieces of card.

Ive sent a message saying the above and await a reply - Anyone else had dealing with the seller?

Social source share

• Replies 37
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Bob Im just stating a fact - I will await a reply but I got anegative reaction when I made a reasonable offer on another record he had on Gemm so I will see how he reacts

I can take aphoto of the package and post up here if required and a link to the Ebay page stating the P&P. I was asking if others had dealing with him thats all. Especially wanted to know if the person grades things different to most of us on here.

Social source share

Maybe I am grinding my axe as you put it but Ive had a reply on here to my question that suggests the seller will not admit to his mistake and has a record of doing what I am saying. If I hadnt asked the question on here I would not have known - Now I am armed to deal with the individual based on empirical evidence as well as my own gripe. If I am wrong Ill be the first to apologise. I somehow think I might be right but we shall see.!

The bit about postage is not subjective but fact and has been discussed on here before- Maybe people might like to know how he can justify postal charges like that.

Social source share

I must stress that i have seen your rantings & ravings about folk on this soul forum far too much before & you really have fuckall to say. What are you, the ebay police, give people a chance before you go slating them, ya never know whos watchin!!!!!! You need to calm down & stop snitching on people.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I bought 5 records from Puresoulie (From Germany) on Ebay 3 of them were graded VG++ but were VG at best and infact visually cody black was VG minus.

The two other records were correctly graded

He charged me $11 P&P which comes to 7.5 Euros yet the postage cost 3.5 Euros - he had used a used Jifffy bag to pack with 2 pieces of card.

Ive sent a message saying the above and await a reply - Anyone else had dealing with the seller?

bought 1/2 dozen records off him in the past, 2 off ebay and 4 from his sales list, never had a problem...phil

Social source share

Guest 1STFRIEARL

I CHARGE £2.00 FOR POST YET LOOK AT THE PACKAGE IT WILL STATE £1.09, REASON IS STIFF CARD ENVOLOPES COST 80P EACH THEN I PACK WITH 3 PIECES OF CARD, THE HAVE TO GET TO POST OFFICE, BUT YOU WILL JUST SEE THE £1.09

Social source share

moan , moan , fuckin moan..your like and old man......oh yeah ...you are an old man.......you smell of piss and mothballs...

watch the sparks off that axe you appear to be grinding..dont hit you in the eye and blinda ya...you could sue him for tha too...hahahaha

gasher

Social source share

I must stress that i have seen your rantings & ravings about folk on this soul forum far too much before & you really have fuckall to say. What are you, the ebay police, give people a chance before you go slating them, ya never know whos watchin!!!!!! You need to calm down & stop snitching on people.

Oh and thats a very constructive comment - so whose ranting now! Oh! you ve ranted less than me as you only have 20 posts so you must have f*ck all to say then.

I get involved in debate and I might rant sometimes but at least their is substance to my argument .From the replies Ive got about the seller its quite balanced so Im hopeful to some degree but you must be the "Talk Police "(1984 springs to mind) as you dont think questions like this should be asked so just bog off onto another thread and make cheap shots there!

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

Right, so everyone else is allowed to make a comment, complain or ask questions about a seller, except for Ernie Andrews.

Let me just jot that down so I don't forget.

Cheers Pete I wouldnt have brought it up on here for the fact that during my payment I offered what I thought was a reasonable amount for a record he had on gemm - If he had just said sorry Steve its not enough I would have probably up my offer abit but I got a downright nasty reply- so when some of the records I bought turn up in considerable less condition than stated and the P&P charges I thought I would ask on here if anyone had had dealings so I know whether to try to negotiate(Maybe he had just had abad day!) with him or if its futile and just put in the normal complaint that will probably terminate any future dealings.

ATB Steve

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

If you've got a problem with an eBay seller, why not take it through their resolution centre?

TBH, this smacks of using Soul Source as a place to 'Grind your axe' without allowing the seller the opportunity to respond to your complaint via ebay first.

If thats the case Pikey why havnt you made the same comment on the "Worst packaging thread"! Smells of double standards to me Pikey!

Social source share

Have had dealings with him,never again,no returns policy,thank god for paypal,that was just me,one purchase and that's that.

hm,his return policy is that you can return any record you're unhappy for refund of winning bid.

Social source share

Yes if you pay the postage

Sure. Nothing wrong with that. Many Ebay sellers do not refund return postage.

Joerg is a close friend of mine so I try not to get involved in any discussion about grading or postage costs. But saying "no return policy" is simply incorrect.

Social source share

Joerg is a close friend of mine so I try not to get involved in any discussion about grading or postage costs. But saying "no return policy" is simply incorrect.

This isn't aimed at Joerg, but at any ebay sellers who don't refund both ways postage; it's a rip off. Why should the customer have to pay for the seller's mistake? I had an EX+ record returned to me this week as the buyer said it was only EX (!) so I refunded him plus both lots of postage, it was my fault!

Social source share

A decent dealer always returns postage otherwise the buyer is out of pocket through no fault of his own.

Ernie,

Surprised at negative comments but you have shot yourself in the foot. Think I bought George Carrow off you and grading was spot on. You only have to look at Pure Soulie's sales to see that loads are overgraded.

A quick google now shows a Motown 45 with a ripped label at VG++. VG++ is US grade meaning almost like new. His records look poor to me and I've never bought anything. To me it's obvious you and he have different ideas.

ROD

Social source share

I may not have been on this site for long with only 20 posts but everytime i do go on this forum, you always have something to say about someone. The scene may have cleaned up its act regarding drugs from the old days but the sniping & bitching still goes on. Dont measure dick sizes just because youve been on soulsource longer than me pal. If you wanna measure dick sizes, just click on my profile photo.

Social source share

Guest brianw70

I may not have been on this site for long with only 20 posts but everytime i do go on this forum, you always have something to say about someone. The scene may have cleaned up its act regarding drugs from the old days but the sniping & bitching still goes on. Dont measure dick sizes just because youve been on soulsource longer than me pal. If you wanna measure dick sizes, just click on my profile photo.

PMSL biggrin.gif

Social source share

Cool picture.......ph34r.gif

Social source share

laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest audiavant

Now thats a package well packaged!

Social source share

OMG !

Very nice. laugh.gif

Ernie...

I think you have some vindication as to your problem by the feedback left on that link. yes.gif

Have dealt once with the man myself and I must say my idea of mint - is not the same as his.

But then again there has been a few other dealers (even the big one's here in the UK) I've disaggreed with on what a mint - record is.

I believe if any dealer has a sense of integrity there shouldn't be a problem in refunding someone if their not happy. To me that makes good business sense and gives some confidence in making a purchase again with the same dealer.

If not....the dealer has potentially lost 100's or even 1000's of pounds worth of business in the future as reputation does preceed some people when it becomes a known thing !

Regards,

Eddie

Edited by eddiep
Social source share

So are you saying your a "Bigger Knob than me !laugh.gif "

AS you say you are relatively new most Mods like newcomers to do a members shout so you can introduce yourself to the wider soul-source family.

Please look at mine as you will see some poeple actually value my opinion

Look forward to seeing your member shout and nice Photo by the way!

Is that actually you or just an avatar?

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

A decent dealer always returns postage otherwise the buyer is out of pocket through no fault of his own.

Ernie,

Surprised at negative comments but you have shot yourself in the foot. Think I bought George Carrow off you and grading was spot on. You only have to look at Pure Soulie's sales to see that loads are overgraded.

A quick google now shows a Motown 45 with a ripped label at VG++. VG++ is US grade meaning almost like new. His records look poor to me and I've never bought anything. To me it's obvious you and he have different ideas.

ROD

Rod if I have shot myself in the foot Ill be HOPPING MAD!laugh.gif

Suppose your right Rod I should have checked before bidding- Partly my fault then for not doing enough research.

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

sorry,this was not an ebay transaction it was GEMM and I have the paypal resolution details on record to back me up....o.k.?

Social source share

If thats the case Pikey why havnt you made the same comment on the "Worst packaging thread"! Smells of double standards to me Pikey!

Right,

First off, I'm not sure what you consider to be double standards - by not posting comments on a thread?

Must I comment on every thread posted and ensure that all of my responses tally, just so that I'm allowed to pass comment on your original posting?

Secondly. you've now added to the story, pointing out the fact that you weren't happy with his response to a question about a possible additional sale outside of eBay - maybe if you'd put that info in your original post it would have been clearer as to why you were miffed with him...

Now you appear to have backtracked a little by saying he has offered a refund - albeit partial since your post costs aren't covered - and then you state that it's "not all bad".

In the word's of the San Franciscan Tourettes..... Make Up Your Fcuking Mind.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!