Snooks @ Raundz (Northants) - Great First Night

Guest Northern PhanTom

Guest Northern PhanTom

Just back in from our trip over to SNOOKS@RAUNDZ (Northants)

What a great first night for Steve and the guys. :sleep3:

To be honest work commitments made us decide to stay localish and give this first night a go. :lol:

What a great choice this turned out to be. :D

Great venue (loads of future potential) :D

Friendly bar staff (think they would of let us stay all night) :D

Cracking music from all the guys (Steve, Jem, Karl & Marco) :no:

Arrived @ 8 and stayed til the end, well past 1(spent most of the night on the dance floor) :no:

Just enough hard core soulies to give this night "The Buzz" it deserved (here's to the next one) :no:

From oldies to 70's, modern to mid tempo with a splash of RnB all on "ov" (Micky Moonshine) Name it ,you got it. :lol:

Off to bedski :lol:

Regards :)

Tom wink.gif

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks very much for your attendance and positive feedback Tom (you clearly have trouble sleeping, seeing the time you started this threadbiggrin.gif)...and of course to all others who came along and who may or may not read this...Really did appreciate all your attendance, dancing, feedback & chat on the nightthumbsup.gif.

From Lutterworth to Wisbech, Bedford to Corby in terms of people I recall speaking with on the night. If anyone travelled from any further away then would be interested to hear from you and thank you again for making the journey when there's so much (arguably too much) choice, in terms of nights out!

Certainly was an experience putting on this first event at The Snooks, with help and support of other "more seasoned" soul-loving individuals who know who they are (I also have to thank Pat Brady herethumbsup.gif!), including of course Jem, Karl & Marco who each have great collections from over the years and played some well received tunes on the night. Also of course to the owner of the venue and his great bar staff.

It was originally "on" and generating much talk, then "off" with some doubts several weeks ago over suitability of the refurbished venue + concerns that there were already more than enough nights on within a 50 mile radius, then "back on" again with a different approach in terms of just trying a one off 'cross the board night without starting a thread on here to just see how it goes.

With Raunds not exactly renowned for being a haven for soul fans (no disrespect), we genuinely had no idea who would turn up or what sort of records people would want to hear & dance to, so we each came armed with 2-3 decent sized boxes covering just about everything....Actually could've done with a third or fourth table near the decks to stop us having to swap all the boxes about every hour or so!

Within the first hour it was becoming clear as to what sort of 45's could and should be played and which should stay firmly in the boxes, also lots of interest around the decks and record area with some great requests...most catered for if I recall correctlythumbsup.gif.

Anyway, following much demand on the night I will be talking with the venue owner about a second night at The Snooks sometime before the end of the year, but this won't be a regular monthly night or anything like that as it's darn hard work this promoting lark, there's enough nights on locally and I personally like going to other events too muchbiggrin.gif.

Thanks so much again to all who helped and all who came along and enjoyed the night.

Steve

hatsoff2.gif

Edited by 71 Steve

Guest Northern PhanTom

Thanks very much for your attendance and positive feedback Tom (you clearly have trouble sleeping, seeing the time you started this threadbiggrin.gif)

One of the downsides of shift working :thumbsup:

Guest boddington

Thanks very much for your attendance and positive feedback Tom (you clearly have trouble sleeping, seeing the time you started this threadbiggrin.gif)...and of course to all others who came along and who may or may not read this...Really did appreciate all your attendance, dancing, feedback & chat on the nightthumbsup.gif.

From Lutterworth to Wisbech, Bedford to Corby in terms of people I recall speaking with on the night. If anyone travelled from any further away then would be interested to hear from you and thank you again for making the journey when there's so much (arguably too much) choice, in terms of nights out!

Certainly was an experience putting on this first event at The Snooks, with help and support of other "more seasoned" soul-loving individuals who know who they are (I also have to thank Pat Brady herethumbsup.gif!), including of course Jem, Karl & Marco who each have great collections from over the years and played some well received tunes on the night. Also of course to the owner of the venue and his great bar staff.

It was originally "on" and generating much talk, then "off" with some doubts several weeks ago over suitability of the refurbished venue + concerns that there were already more than enough nights on within a 50 mile radius, then "back on" again with a different approach in terms of just trying a one off 'cross the board night without starting a thread on here to just see how it goes.

With Raunds not exactly renowned for being a haven for soul fans (no disrespect), we genuinely had no idea who would turn up or what sort of records people would want to hear & dance to, so we each came armed with 2-3 decent sized boxes covering just about everything....Actually could've done with a third or fourth table near the decks to stop us having to swap all the boxes about every hour or so!

Within the first hour it was becoming clear as to what sort of 45's could and should be played and which should stay firmly in the boxes, also lots of interest around the decks and record area with some great requests...most catered for if I recall correctlythumbsup.gif.

Anyway, following much demand on the night I will be talking with the venue owner about a second night at The Snooks sometime before the end of the year, but this won't be a regular monthly night or anything like that as it's darn hard work this promoting lark, there's enough nights on locally and I personally like going to other events too muchbiggrin.gif.

Thanks so much again to all who helped and all who came along and enjoyed the night.

Steve

hatsoff2.gif

Hi Steve, thank you for having us great venue and lovely people with a lot of Soul. I think 2rooms would be brilliant :thumbup: