Showstoppers-Houseparty/what Can A Man Do

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

• 3 years later...
On 05/12/2017 at 18:45, Rick Cooper said:

Gotta Get Closer To Your Love was a Showstoppers track not Four Perfections . I gave one copy to Terry Thomas in Kidderminster and I think sold the other (for peanuts) to Neil Rushton. Neil issued the track on Inferno, he may have some info on the Party Time label which could be useful. Terry sold his copy via John Manship a few years ago. The test pressing was single sided so I wonder what the B side could have been, instrumental ?

Rick

Rick, Thanks for the wonderful info. that you provided about the Showstoppers etc.   As a small addition to the thread, i have a Show Stoppers-got to get closer test pressing, with the ST-102 number and Frankford Wayne matrix. It has heart breaker on the flip side. Scans of both sides enclosed:

Scan 23.jpeg

Scan 26.jpeg

• Up vote 3
Social source share

On 05/07/2011 at 13:14, Dave Pinch said:

i know this is one of the commonist northern 45`s. but what about the very first release on party time. is that realistically worth any thing.

post-4316-0-30096700-1309868050_thumb.jp

dave

and after all that noboby ever gave me a value on this.. think i sold it for £80 at the time only to get one back then off it went again. think only got a heriage copy now that i found for 25 cents last time i was in the U.S 2 years ago

3 hours ago, neckender said:

Rick, Thanks for the wonderful info. that you provided about the Showstoppers etc.   As a small addition to the thread, i have a Show Stoppers-got to get closer test pressing, with the ST-102 number and Frankford Wayne matrix. It has heart breaker on the flip side. Scans of both sides enclosed:

Scan 23.jpeg

Scan 26.jpeg

thats 3 of those now that we know of.. anymore

Social source share

Maybe this is a well known fact but it's something I hadn't noticed before. The first issue of Houseparty on Beacon appears to have been made using the metal stamper from the US Showtime pressing. It could be that when the deal was done in Philly, Milton Samuel came back with a set of stampers to save the expense of having it mastered in the UK. As the stamper would wear out Beacon would have had to get it mastered here but by then the record was selling well. Are all the first issues like this?

STR 101A in the runout but looks like some attempt to scratch it out, The Beacon number isn't on the vinyl which must have been tricky for the pressing plant matching the labels to the stamper.

DSCF8246.thumb.JPG.160c66de4cd1a0e561fbbebe96f39d3e.JPG

Mastered by Frankford/Wayne still showing-

DSCF8243.thumb.JPG.39fda30eb282e385b7d7bca3922c5b15.JPG

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!