Timi Yuro - It'll Never Blah Blah

• Replies 37
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I love it, and always have, just love Timi Yuro's voice, but the album is a much cheaper way to own it and play it

:yes:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

is it a record you'd buy because you like it, or because or its rarity/demand/desirability ?

Neither. I wouldn't buy it if it was a tenner. I don't like it and I only buy records I like.

Social source share

A brilliant piece of music but is it worth a grand??? I was prepared to pay a lot more than i did for mine but was lucky to get a mint- copy for a lot less,it's up to the individual what the record is worth to them, I think it is class but also love "can't stop running away" on Mercury £30/40 on British

Social source share

A brilliant piece of music but is it worth a grand??? I was prepared to pay a lot more than i did for mine but was lucky to get a mint- copy for a lot less,it's up to the individual what the record is worth to them, I think it is class but also love "can't stop running away" on Mercury £30/40 on British

"Ain't Gonna Cry No More" on UK and American Liberty is also a nice tune.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Not sure when i first heard this but think it was Danny Everard who played it c/u i bought one of Mick Smith in 1989 £100 quid i think. first played it at The Top of the stairs soul club the Central cannock the response was fantastic so good in fact i played it at the end as well. one of the best non coloured soul records imo

Edited by Ted Massey
Social source share

Not sure when i first heard this but thikit was Danny Everard who played it c/u i bought one of Mick Smith in 1989 £100 quid i think. first played it at The Top of the stairs sould club the Central cannock the response was fantastic so good in fact i played it at the end as well. one of the best non coloured soul records imo

Ted, wasn't it covered up as something like "It May Be Over For You" by Bobby Paris, or something like that?

Social source share

Top, Top sound wish i had a grand, cheers Jim.

As 60ssoulboy says, best to go for the "Something Bad On My Mind" LP for about £30 - £40. May be wrong, but I think "It'll Never Be Over For Me" on the LP is the only way of owning the Stereo cut of this track.

Social source share

As 60ssoulboy says, best to go for the "Something Bad On My Mind" LP for about £30 - £40. May be wrong, but I think "It'll Never Be Over For Me" on the LP is the only way of owning the Stereo cut of this track.

A number of years ago I came across a stereo LP called This Is Timi Yuro- Hurt And Smile.

Track listing on the sleeve included- What's A Matter Baby, Something Bad On My Mind and It'll Never Be Over For Me.

When I put track one, side three on for It'll Never Be Over For Me, Smile played and this was actually listed on record label, and also the only change to the printed sleeve listing.

This was on Sunset and claimed to be a product of Liberty Records.

The LP does have a great version of Goffin/King's Hey Girl, but I was still somewhat ripped off even if it was only a tenner.

Anyone else seen this LP .

Steve

Social source share

Not sure when i first heard this but think it was Danny Everard who played it c/u i bought one of Mick Smith in 1989 £100 quid i think. first played it at The Top of the stairs soul club the Central cannock the response was fantastic so good in fact i played it at the end as well. one of the best non coloured soul records imo

Proud to say I WAS THERE Mr M!!

Lovely copy with sleeve in my sales box if anyones in a mad mood ,,, Shameless Plug!!:yes: :yes:

Social source share

A number of years ago I came across a stereo LP called This Is Timi Yuro- Hurt And Smile.

Track listing on the sleeve included- What's A Matter Baby, Something Bad On My Mind and It'll Never Be Over For Me.

When I put track one, side three on for It'll Never Be Over For Me, Smile played and this was actually listed on record label, and also the only change to the printed sleeve listing.

The LP does have a great version of Goffin/King's Hey Girl, but I was still somewhat ripped off even if it was only a tenner.

Steve

memorys says i've got one somewhere

sunsets a dutch reissue type 70/80s type label aint it ?

Social source share

Actually Mike, Sunset is a budget label which was distributed by Liberty / Philips in the late 60s / early 70s. Most of the output was R&R like Eddie Cochran or Johnny Burnette, but there were some nice soul-type LPs by Timi Yuro and Ike & Tina Turner (the R&B LP with a different take of "Dust My Broom").

Not heard ot the Dutch Sunset though, but would be keen to know if there was one active in the 70s / 80s.

Social source share

Actually Mike, Sunset is a budget label which was distributed by Liberty / Philips in the late 60s / early 70s. Most of the output was R&R like Eddie Cochran or Johnny Burnette, but there were some nice soul-type LPs by Timi Yuro and Ike & Tina Turner (the R&B LP with a different take of "Dust My Broom").

Not heard ot the Dutch Sunset though, but would be keen to know if there was one active in the 70s / 80s.

The sleeve looks very much 60/70's and the inside cover advertises other Sunset LP's which are all 50/60's - Ricky Nelson, Fats Domino , Ike & Tina Turner , Jan & Dean and A Slim Whitman collection which I am pretty certain my late mother had for donkey's years.

When I bought this someone said to me they thought it was a Dutch re issue label, but if it was printed all those years ago, it's a coincidence that a much sought after track was changed on the LP well before its popularity.

Steve

Social source share

Quite true Ted and he did cover it as a male.... I also know where he got it from for £8.00.... Big sound instantly at the Fleet all-nighters...more cover ups than a News of the World phone hacking scandal in those dayslaugh.gif , Gary Spencer, Carl fortnum, Danny Everard and myself were all at it !!

Also remeber Eric |Philips turning one up...wanted £40 for it.

and added value because its Dale Wintons favourite record as well--just a great record with the twist of a tragic story on Timi Yuro

Rob

Social source share

Guest Eddies

right then...could be way off the mark here,but seem to remember for some reason this being c/u as the tempests :) ...got my copy offa pablo from Milton Keynes{anybody know what he's up to nowadays?) 20 odd years ago...Leighton Buzzard Unicorn spin

Edited by Eddies
Social source share

No Mike, Sunset was United Artists / Liberty's version of Pye's Golden Guinea series - a kind of 99p budget label.

* apologies, didn't read the above reply

"In my opinon" Baby Washington's version is woeful compared to this one

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

is it a record you'd buy because you like it, or because or its rarity/demand/desirability ?

https://cgi.ebay.com/...utorefresh=true

=========================================================================================================

All of the above......great tune. I don't collect British either generally. I had a tilt at this and naively thought I ws going to get it with a minute to go!!!!!:D

$1000 yes......£1000 no!

Wishful thinking!!!

What i don't inderstand is..all the hullabaloo about a record that was in sales a few weeks back and the poor guy struggled to get any interest

For a cracking copy too :D

I guess some people just get carried away with all that bidding fun eh :thumbsup:

Social source share

Dont really understand as to why this 45 is fetching so much, found this in a little shop in Truo, didnt know this version only the Baby Washington one, so bought it blind for a sum of 20p - if only you knew then what you know now -- sold it on for £5.00, quick turn-a-round, nice profit -- still would sell it today if I had it again - thats not saying I dont like it, best version as there are loads of other versions around on various labels that dont come anywhere near Timi Yuro

Social source share

Guest kev such

I agree Ted, one of my all time favs. Paid just over £400 for mine. was so chuffed when I got one.

Timi's voice just captivates me on this one. great sentiment regarding scene, and always finish Cream Cracker with it, sends the crowd home in a very good mood.

See you in a couple of weeks mate.

Kev

Edited by kev such
quote tags edited
Social source share

I love it, and always have, just love Timi Yuro's voice, but the album is a much cheaper way to own it and play it

:thumbup:

Insert 'at home' after 'play it' to chill the soul fuzz, but agree with you, excellent soulful dancer.

That one on Ebay the other day went for £873. Worth every penny imo, timeless gem.

Spanish take is awesome!

Social source share

right then...could be way off the mark here,but seem to remember for some reason this being c/u as the tempests :thumbup: ...got my copy offa pablo from Milton Keynes{anybody know what he's up to nowadays?) 20 odd years ago...Leighton Buzzard Unicorn spin

timi yuro was covered up as bobby paris, tempests - "someday" was also covered as bobby paris

Social source share

:D it kills ...heart stopper .. ..... love it ....every version :D .........but me no buy.....:no: had it ...and if you give it me ..:yes: ..........i will it sell...:thumbup: ..so dont ....................i know....:thumbsup: ..........you wont.......ez Edited by ezzie brown
Social source share

Guest s0ul45

Steve

I've not seen that Lp Steve but I do have a Sunset Lp release on Timi entitled What's A Matter Baby? It clearly says a product of United Artists on the sleeve but doesn't have INBOFM on it. It's from '76 so a budget reissue but with Insult To Injury, I Ain't Gonna Cry No more and What's A Matter Baby it's got to be worth the 99P price tag.

Chris

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert