Milton Parker Present Value?

Guest Preems

Guest Preems

Trading records/cash with a friend for a copy of this and am wondering what SoulSourcers would rate it at pricewise, popsike of course says $1500 for a VG+ last year so it looks as if i'm going to hav e to dig deep, but thought i would see what folks on here thought. Thanks in advance smile.gif

Social source share

• Replies 47
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Preems

Thanks very much everyone, fortunately for myself dealer is a nice guy and would rather see it go to a friend than onto ebay which seems a rarer beast every day, unfortunately I blew most of my trade on the last "biggish" tune so it's one meal a day this month i think laugh.gifrolleyes.gif really appreciate the input

Social source share

In my opinion no more than £400 - £500 tops. Great record BTW.

Russ

From the perspective of someone who does'nt have one ..but would like one :ohmy:

Last decent one was on Manship auction a few months back for just over £1400 :thumbsup:

Social source share

WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING FOR.... LOTS OF NOT SO RARE RECORDS GO FOR OVER A GRAND. MAYBE JM`S COPY OF £1400 IS O.T.T BUT IF YOU THINK THIS RECORD IS ONLY £4/500 LETS JUST SAY YOU ARE OUT OF TOUCH

DAVE

I must be out of touch Dave, can't find it right now but sure I put one on Andy D's list year ago? Seen it in at least two sales boxes for around that and not sure if been on SS for around that. Stick em in a sales box and you can't shift them put them in an auction and they fetch more than they should in the real world rolleyes.gif

Social source share

I must be out of touch Dave, can't find it right now but sure I put one on Andy D's list year ago? Seen it in at least two sales boxes for around that and not sure if been on SS for around that. Stick em in a sales box and you can't shift them put them in an auction and they fetch more than they should in the real world rolleyes.gif

THATS TRUE....LOOK AT RECENT PRICES FOR INSPIRATIONS AND IVORIES.... MADNESS FOR TWO RECORDS THAT ARE COMMON MORE THAN RARE.... BUT MILTON PARKER WAS 4/500 10 YEARS AGO... IF SOMEONE HAS IT IN THEIR BOX AT THAT PRICE AND DOESNT SELL IT THER`E VISITING THE WRONG VENUES. WORTH DOUBLE THAT IMO FOR A CLEAN COPY

DAVE

Social source share

WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING FOR.... LOTS OF NOT SO RARE RECORDS GO FOR OVER A GRAND. MAYBE JM`S COPY OF £1400 IS O.T.T BUT IF YOU THINK THIS RECORD IS ONLY £4/500 LETS JUST SAY YOU ARE OUT OF TOUCH

DAVE

I'm laughing because its not worth that, great record, even owned it once upon a time, I dont mind what people pay Dave, but what people will pay on ebay & JM Auction are not generally realistic prices that the same items would fetch in a box at a Nighter.

Not selling one are you :thumbsup:.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

I'm laughing because its not worth that, great record, even owned it once upon a time, I dont mind what people pay Dave, but what people will pay on ebay & JM Auction are not generally realistic prices that the same items would fetch in a box at a Nighter.

Not selling one are you :thumbsup:.

Russ

For some reason i alwasy wanted a copy of Matt Brown and to me i kinda thought there was a similarity between the two ...but Matt just neevr quite cut it for me ..this on the other hand kills me everytime :lol:

Social source share

DAVE

STOP SHOUTING DAVE :thumbsup:

Social source share

Not selling one are you .

Russ

PUT IT THIS WAY RUSS, I'D RUB THE RECORD QUITE HARSHLY UP AGAINST THE WOODCHIP WALLPAPER ON MI BEDROOM WALL, GRIND MI TEETH ON IT AND THEN DO A CUPPLE O' SPINS ON IT AS WELL,THEN YES IT'S YOURS FOR 400 QUID :)

BRI PINCH (P S NEV WILL SELL HIS VERY SHORTLY, COS HE HAD IT LONGER THAN TWO WEEKS :D )

Social source share

Russ

PUT IT THIS WAY RUSS, I'D RUB THE RECORD QUITE HARSHLY UP AGAINST THE WOODCHIP WALLPAPER ON MI BEDROOM WALL, GRIND MI TEETH ON IT AND THEN DO A CUPPLE O' SPINS ON IT AS WELL,THEN YES IT'S YOURS FOR 400 QUID :)

BRI PINCH (P S NEV WILL SELL HIS VERY SHORTLY, COS HE HAD IT LONGER THAN TWO WEEKS :D )

You shouldnt go to all that trouble just for me Bri.......I'm only expressing an opinion & of course I may be wrong, but I stand by my opinion that it isnt worth what JM got for it & what the copy on ebay went for......

And tell Dave to stop shouting at me :lol: .

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

Russ

PUT IT THIS WAY RUSS, I'D RUB THE RECORD QUITE HARSHLY UP AGAINST THE WOODCHIP WALLPAPER ON MI BEDROOM WALL, GRIND MI TEETH ON IT AND THEN DO A CUPPLE O' SPINS ON IT AS WELL,THEN YES IT'S YOURS FOR 400 QUID :shades:

BRI PINCH (P S NEV WILL SELL HIS VERY SHORTLY, COS HE HAD IT LONGER THAN TWO WEEKS :lol: )

Bri ...you bitch...i preferred you shouting :lol:

I thought being progressive meant just that ...keep moving and stop hanging onto oldies :thumbup:

Social source share

Matt Brown - Sweet Thing/Thank You Baby? Milton Parker good record but Matt Brown p*sses all over it :thumbup:

Well that confirms it Chalky ...you don't have any taste in soul music :shades:

Shame cos your a nice bloke and i had high hopes for you :lol:

Social source share

me too.matt brown good......but milton better imho............... whats matt fetchin 4 ish?

dave

The only time i had Matt Brown i got the full book price of £600 for it Dave , however it was Mint- , and was a couple of years ago now , ( when selling records for top dollar was somewhat easier than it is now ) , i doubt i could get that for it again ?

I'm afraid i'm like Chalky and have no taste either , as Milton P. is a non-starter against Matt B. in my book , but everyone has their own "take" on comparisons . O.k. tune but not for me , could just simply be that the Jar-val labels far prettier to me ?

Social source share

The only time i had Matt Brown i got the full book price of £600 for it Dave , however it was Mint- , and was a couple of years ago now , ( when selling records for top dollar was somewhat easier than it is now ) , i doubt i could get that for it again ?

I'm afraid i'm like Chalky and have no taste either , as Milton P. is a non-starter against Matt B. in my book , but everyone has their own "take" on comparisons . O.k. tune but not for me , could just simply be that the Jar-val labels far prettier to me ?

i never owned it kim although i do love it........... couldnt afford £600. unless i sold more stuff

dave

Social source share

hi Cookie

It's great that we all have our personal opinion and everyone is entitled .

For what its worth imho ,they are both great records and both double sided,infact they shouldn't even be compared.

I brought it into the topic because whenever i hear Matt Brown it always reminds me of Milton Parker,its probably only the backing at the beginning of the record?

Price wise..I think a few Matt browns have turned up over the last 5yrs against very few M.P's .

I do recall my good friend Shep trying to sell a M Brown on here a bit back and struggled to get £300 for it ?

Slightly on a tangent here but i seem to recall that it was the flip of Matt Brown getting noticed ,that created a rise in demand in recent yrs?

Never my favourite side but again that's just a personal opinion.

Best

Nev

Social source share

In my experience (only) the Milton Parker is a very hard record indeed,if i remember around the time of the canal tavern a few surfaced-since then very few .I'd want a grand if i found a spare....

Hi Andy

Was or is there any other Closet 45's ?

Without digging out my copy....seem to recall it was Milton Parker's own label?

Social source share

Slightly on a tangent here but i seem to recall that it was the flip of Matt Brown getting noticed ,that created a rise in demand in recent yrs?

Never my favourite side but again that's just a personal opinion.

Best

Nev

Both sides of Matt Brown been played since the Stafford days.

I agree with you though you can't really compare the two records, both good 45's in their own right.

Social source share

Hi Andy

Was or is there any other Closet 45's ?

Without digging out my copy....seem to recall it was Milton Parker's own label?

I assume it was his label,he produced and penned the 2 sides,In the late 80's on a buying trip i found another record by him on the same label,but it was spoken word one side and a kinda political promotion song on the flip... i may even have it still in me mothers loft.. it wasn't in any shape or form anything to do with soul.

Social source share

I assume it was his label,he produced and penned the 2 sides,In the late 80's on a buying trip i found another record by him on the same label,but it was spoken word one side and a kinda political promotion song on the flip... i may even have it still in me mothers loft.. it wasn't in any shape or form anything to do with soul.

If it's not soul then why don't you put it into your Dj spot Mr. D , with the rest of 'em ? :lol:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

awsome tune and imho easily worth a grand cos its a hard one to find but if i was buying no more than £600 for a minter :lol: no im not after a copy unless its on the never never :lol:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Bri ...you bitch...i preferred you shouting :lol:

I thought being progressive meant just that ...keep moving and stop hanging onto oldies :lol:

mmmm any closer to parting with you know what Nev :lol:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

you just said you were skint???

And according to a recent thread ,it's worth a lot more than i thought :lol:

for everything else in life im skint but i have a reserve put aside just for this and its over rated and not worth much really but i still want it :lol:

Social source share

remember my mate telling me that he picked up 5 copies in the states,from one of his record hunting trips.late 80's early 90's.

kept one & sold the rest @ £75 a pop.not sure if he still has it tho.

he was on the modern scene @ the time.

said £75 was alot then to pay for a modern tune,as most the tunes were £10/15.

big devide then between modern/northern.northern scene didnt want the modern tunes.

they do now :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!