Greatstone Soul Club Saturday 16Th July

Despite the crappy weather had a good day yesterday a couple hours at Mark bicknalls record fair, had a good natter with a few people didnt buy anything as i had already spent up the night before, it was fairly well attended and should do well if he has another one.

Numbers were down a bit, but the early opening led to Des And Mace treating us to some top tunes, really like that Texas one des, the half hour spots worked well and the night flowed seamlessly biggrin.gif , so looks like we will keep to this format for the forseeable future, last night was a virtually all 60's and a i suprised a few people with managing 99% of my set being from that era. a big thank you to Des and Mace some awesome tunes on the turntables and lots of laughs as well, Tony O played a blinder of a set ( with not a handshake in sight) laugh.gif Tony, Paul & Budgie what can i say quality right the way through. Many thanks to all who attended and see you all next month.

Mark

Edited by mark.b
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks to the Greatstone lads for opening early to accomodate any stragglers from the record fair, noit to mention the invite to spin a few :thumbsup:

Beggsy took us on a right royal tour of Manchester to eat at Didsbury between the record fair and landing at The Greatstone.

It then took us nearly an hour to get to Burnley afterwards.......:ohmy:

Really nice to see Stevie Z once again, bet he could understand my drunken mumblings better than the rest of you mind :lol:

Guest oldsoulgit

Very good Mace, you don't know how true that is! anyway had a great night all the DJs were brill the music great all night, cheers Jim.

Thanks to everyone who turned out on a typical Mancunian summers night. We did have a few absentee's due to holidays etc. so numbers were down. However that did not effect the quality of the music played, right from the get go it was quality. Paul and I started with quite a mellow hour or so, played a few album tracks just to get the juices flowing. Then we had Mace playing his usual eclectic mix of R&B , early soul and Latin, very nice indeed. Then straight into our new format of half hourly spots, it seemed to do the trick and kept the tempo flowing nicely. Budgie played a nice spot, mainly sixties, we noticed he'd been spending the daughters inheritence again, great stuff. Mr Parker, what can I say? awesome sets of rare soul, acetates a plenty, a lot of new to me stuff lovely. Talking of lovely, Tony O, Mr Shake hands, did us proud once again, great set of top shelf mega tunes( feel free to post your sets if you feel like it guys) Paul H, seemed to relish playing on his own , played a tidy set of sixties and crossover soul, excellent mate. Then Mr versatile Mark B, surprised quite a few (not Me!) by playing a mainly 6t's set, again top draw. Finally I wound up things, after a long day....I played mainly slip mat's and B sides :rolleyes:

Next month we have Mick H, Jimmy Smirk and A N other to be confirmed. Once again, thanks to everyone who came along, see you in August......Tony