Roller Disco Tune From The Late 70's Early 80S - Do You Know This Song?

Guest AudraT

Guest AudraT

I think I posted this query about 3 or 4 years ago, but thought I'd try again.

I'm originally from Aberdeen, Scotland and in the late 70's early 80's went to a roller skating disco (on a Sunday afternoon at The Palace on Bridge Street). There's one song that I distinctly remember from this time, have tried to find it on many occasions over the years, but don't know who it's by or what it's called, I only remember a few of the lyrics. It was sung by a woman, had a New York disco sound (as far as I remember). The lyrics went something along

the lines of:

'When I'm rolling,

all around the floor,

when I'm ro-oh-oh-oh-ling.......

'Who could ask for more'.

Unfortunately, that's all I remember. I've tried listening to all the roller disco CD's, but have had no joy.

I posted something up recently on an American Forum, and someone suggested it could be the following:

Anita Jo Bracie - Rollin' at the Roller Disco (1979), however can't find any clips of this anywhere - don't suppose anyone recognises this? it would be fantastic if someone could recognise this song as it's been driving me mad forever now, probably the only song that still remains a mystery to me and I need to find out what it is as it's driving me mad!!

Thanks you all in advance.

Edited by AudraT
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest AudraT

Thanks Ian - I've dropped an e-mail to the guy you mentioned, hopefully he'll be able to help solve they mystery.

Audra

Social source share

Guest Imogen

Hi Audra I hope you find the track you're looking for. I have recently been listening to lots of Roller Disco records and thought you might this Lp I found. James Last and The Rolling Trinity Lp 1979. There's some good tracks on it especially One More Chance. :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!