Songs That Use Same Arrangement /backing Track

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, grant said:

How about:

Shingaling - The Cooperettes and the Barons of Soul slower version 'You Need Love'

Aren’t there a few more versions out there also, Irma & the Facinations unissued acetate, then via Kent On lp I think...

Pete Hamilton generation - hey girl and Ian Lavine’s Venicia Wilson... which is the very best reworking I’ve ever heard, I’d be right proud of that If id done it,... not that I could in a million years mind you:-(

M

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

They're fairly obvious but not mentioned - September Jones and Billy Sha Rae.

Plus Jesse Johnson's 'Left Out'  and 'Outcast' by Eddie & Ernie - practically the same song!

Plus of course Rodd Keith's numerous recordings using the same or very similar backing tracks.

Another pair that always struck me as having something weirdly in common - even though they're very different tempos, productions etc are the Ad Libs 'Johnny My Boy' and Cody Black's 'Slowly Molding' - imagine the snappy percussion of Cody Black laid over the top of Ad Libs.

Dx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCno9K1C2hk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUJbZX0nelE

Edited by DaveNPete
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have no idea,sorry,the only information that i could find is from the northernsouldirect site

They say:

This is a collector special Just 500 copies have been manufactured on a "white demo" replica of the Detroit HIB label. Inferno are keeping quiet about the identity of the artist, and these copies just credit it to The Illusions. Future pressings will reveal the full information about who has written, produced and sung the track -- so these first 500 are sure to be in-demand collectors’ items. Grab 'em while you can.

The backing track is sampled from Luther Ingram Orchestra's "Exus Trek", one of the truly great Northern Soul instrumentals. Inferno own the master recording and the HIB label which "Exus Trek" was released on  - by arrangement with Detroit producer Robert Bateman - and have come up with a brilliant female vocal on an infectiously catchy new song with sing-along chorus which caused mayhem on Rare Soul dance floors.

The single itself plays loud and clear,it is an excellent recording 

etnmt.jpg

Social source share

I was going to say.......never heard this before. Now I know why!

If the illusionary illusions are a hit, the floodgates will open to every decent instrumental that's had a half decent vocal ( or several) made around the same time, being sampled and recreated.

Not sure the purists will buy into this new trend any more than any other tailor made effort past or present.

A bit like karaoke really with great singers!

Purists and anything goes cannot be put in the same sentence...apart from this one:)

Ed

• Thanks 1
Social source share

On 06/06/2018 at 02:58, RICK SCOTT said:

Prepare yourself for this one, definitely NOT for the faint hearted. Play it through to the end, i'm sure even though it is truly Awful it SHOULD make you smile, Just don't shoot the messenger.....  🙄 

As James Brown once (often) said..........  Good Gawd!    There are no explanations for some things on Earth!  🤯

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 19/07/2011 at 21:57, shelly said:

Times a Wasting Fuller Brothers; Remember me The Whispers

What would I do The Tymes , What would I do Superiors

Just Like the Weather Nolan Chance; Love Reputation Denise Lasalle

How many times did Alan Day play these back to back at the Torch?

Answer Loads

Shelly

Re the superiors and the tymes  same title  but totally different  songs

Social source share

• 1 year later...
On 05/06/2018 at 14:19, Robbk said:

Yes.  But the owner who produced the original recording session, Dave Hamilton, said he knew nothing about Maurci, and didn't lease the tracks to anyone.  Maurci was owned by Gene Chandler and Symtec Simmons.  There's no evidence of any Detroit names on Maurci.  All the rest of their releases recordings (Five Jades, etc., and even the other Monique cuts) sound like Chicago.  So no way to find the connection there.  

Sorry for the misinformation, of course, Maurice Jackson owned Maurci Records, with Simmons and Chandler only working for him )despite rumours that Chandler was a part owner.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!