Songs That Use Same Arrangement /backing Track

Okay folks,

Don't know if this has been done before.

Just been listening to The Trips There's that mountain & it's quite obviously the same track/arrangement as Richard Temple's That Beatin' Rhythm.

Must be loads of others like this given the way the studios were set up.

Anymore anyone?

p.s., did i imagine it, or did someone one tell me Richard Temple was in fact one Willie Hutch no less?.........or did I dream it?

Social source share

Okay folks,

Just been listening to The Trips There's that mountain & it's quite obviously the same track/arrangement as Richard Temple's That Beatin' Rhythm.

Anymore anyone?

p.s., did i imagine it, or did someone one tell me Richard Temple was in fact one Willie Hutch no less?.........or did I dream it?

No Richard Temple is Jimmy Conwell and vice-versa

Social source share

The arcades theres got to be a loser

Jackie wilson i,m the one who loves you

and theres another with the same backing but my memmory,s mush, when i remember i,ll add it (jessie fishers ringing a bell but i,ll chk)

Same tune as The Impressions - I'm the one who loves you, ther's another one uses the same backing as well, Are You Gonna Leave Me.

Social source share

Same tune as The Impressions - I'm the one who loves you, ther's another one uses the same backing as well, Are You Gonna Leave Me.

Five Stairsteps on the LP,and Paramounts on a UK label - London? Cant think at the moment.

Parlophone...

Edited by KevH
Social source share

yes pete thats the one, jesse james not fisher lol we got there in the end so quick recap

the arcades theres got to be a loser

jesse james are you gonna leave me

impressions i,m the one who loves you

:thumbsup: phew that was hard work .... thanks for the nudge

Social source share

Ah, right, cheers for that Pete.

My brain is mush too.

I seem to remember that Stemmons Express Woman love Thief had a another tune that it was seperated at birth with, but can't for the life of me remember what?

Such Misery - The Precisions

Social source share

Voices Of East Harlem - Wanted Dead Or Alive - same as Hypnotics - Beware Of The Stranger

Jones Brothers - Good Old Days - same as Nathan Williams - What Price

Joe Anderson - You And I - same as Ed Summers - I Can Tell

Clarence Jackson - If It Don't Fit Don't Force It - same as Fabulous Apollos - Determination

Social source share

Voices Of East Harlem - Wanted Dead Or Alive - same as Hypnotics - Beware Of The Stranger

Jones Brothers - Good Old Days - same as Nathan Williams - What Price

Joe Anderson - You And I - same as Ed Summers - I Can Tell

Clarence Jackson - If It Don't Fit Don't Force It - same as Fabulous Apollos - Determination + Andre Williams - You want it,i got it.

Social source share

Just Can't Trust Nobody - Chuck Holliday

You're Love Is Getting Stronger - The Four Voices

Put A Dime On D9 - Rotations

Bobby Is My Baby - Barbara Mason

Counting On You Babe - Barbara McNair

Baby A GoGo - Barbara McNair

+ all the What Shall I Do, Moonlight, Music & You etc etc.

Social source share

Surely the winner has to be the backing track to Frankie & The Classicals "What Shall I do" which has allegedly been used on 12 different records, I can't recall them all but I am sure our collective memories will list them

1. Frankie & The Classicals - What Shall I Do

2. Laura Greene - Moonlight Music and You

3. Subway Riders - After the Session

4. The World again - Honey Townsend

5. This Beautiful Place - Mark Johnson

6. Burning Emotions - A New World

Social source share

Not quite same backing track but completely ripped off (herself!):

Denise Lasalle's - 'Love reputation' and her 'Too late to check your trap'

Not exacltly the same backing track, just variations of the same idea laid down at different sessions years apart. The track which is exactly the same as "Too Late To Check Your Trap" is "Right On Baby" by Bill Coday on Crajon.

Don't think the Arcades and Jessie James on Shirley (which do indeed use the same backing track as each other) are on the same backing as "I'm The One Who Loves You" beyond being 'tributes' to the Curtis Mayfield production, an important distinction. Jerry Butler's original on VeeJay is on a completely separate backing to the Impressions later version anyway. The Arcades and Jessie James track would have been played by a completely different set of musicians (The Johnny Hartsman Band) in another city (San Francisco).

What about Jackie Ross "Selfish One" and "New Lover"? That's the exact same band track to my ears with the addition of an organ to New Lover. Funnily enough also 're-appropriated' on Mr Lucky's Stardom rarity at a later date in much the same way as The Arcades example above.

It's a tangled web but what about all the re-cycling of band tracks on the Forte releases by Lee Harris, Marva Whitney (Taylor) and Gene Williams.

Social source share

Not exacltly the same backing track, just variations of the same idea laid down at different sessions years apart. The track which is exactly the same as "Too Late To Check Your Trap" is "Right On Baby" by Bill Coday on Crajon.

Don't think the Arcades and Jessie James on Shirley (which do indeed use the same backing track as each other) are on the same backing as "I'm The One Who Loves You" beyond being 'tributes' to the Curtis Mayfield production, an important distinction. Jerry Butler's original on VeeJay is on a completely separate backing to the Impressions later version anyway. The Arcades and Jessie James track would have been played by a completely different set of musicians (The Johnny Hartsman Band) in another city (San Francisco).

What about Jackie Ross "Selfish One" and "New Lover"? That's the exact same band track to my ears with the addition of an organ to New Lover. Funnily enough also 're-appropriated' on Mr Lucky's Stardom rarity at a later date in much the same way as The Arcades example above.

It's a tangled web but what about all the re-cycling of band tracks on the Forte releases by Lee Harris, Marva Whitney (Taylor) and Gene Williams.

You're definitely right about Arcades not being the same backing track as The Impressions, it is the same tune though.

Social source share

Guest Jackdaw

Okay folks,

Anymore anyone?

The Duck - Willie Hutch was c/up and subsequently booted as Lets do the duck - Richard Temple, so maybe that's what your thinking of.

How about Count the days - Magnetics and Can't let you go - Soulful Twins both Sable.

Social source share

The Duck - Willie Hutch was c/up and subsequently booted as Lets do the duck - Richard Temple, so maybe that's what your thinking of.

How about Count the days - Magnetics and Can't let you go - Soulful Twins both Sable.

Thats it JackDaw, new there was a connection somewhere.

Here's another......

Dynamics I need your love on RCA

Doni Burdick Candle on Soul King.

Cheers ears

Aid.

Social source share

Heres one for you.

What about tunes that just sound similar & just reminds you of a different track even though you know they are not the same, this happens to me a lot.

I'll start with one that everytime I heard it reminded me of the other track & my brain connects the two every time I heard them.

Tommy Knight Don't Bring Back The Memories.

Tommy Hunt, Get Out.

Check em out.

Tommy Knight.

Tommy Hunt

Social source share

Okay folks,

Just been listening to The Trips There's that mountain & it's quite obviously the same track/arrangement as Richard Temple's That Beating' Rhythm.

Anymore anyone?

:hatsoff2: HI ALL......THIS IS A GREAT QUESTION,,, TO THE NON SOUL OR REGGAE FAN YOU WOULD THINK THAT ALL OUR MUSIC SOUNDS THE SAME? AND TO MY OLD DEAR "GOD BLESS" SHE WOULD BANG ON MY DOOR AND SHOUT "TURN THAT JUNGLE MUSIC OFF" WAY BEFORE GOLDIE AND THE CARE NAMED THE FAST RAGGA JUNGLE MUSIC?

THE TRUTH IS ALL ABOUT ECONOMICS, THIS WAS COMMON PRACTICE IN THE 60s & PERHAPS FOR FANS OF NORTHERN SOUL, THE ONE AND ONLY TEDDY VANN MADE AT LEAST 6 RECORDS WITH A BACKING TRACK THAT HE JUST WOULD NOT LET GO UNTIL HE HAD A HIT WITH IT. RESONANTLY WE WERE TALKING ABOUT NOLAN CHANCE WHICH IS A BETTER EXAMPLE OF HOW RGE SAME BACKING TRACK CAN PRODUCE 2 REALLY DIFFERENT RESULTS BUT BOTH BEING QUALITY ALSO IN THE SAME CATO GARY IS YVONNE BAKER V THE CHESTERFIELDS (THANKS BUTCH) HOWEVER THE PRACTICE STARTS MUCH EARLY ON, WITH CHICAGO STUDIOS BACK IN THE EARLY 30s WITH THE BLUES, MANY SONG USE THE STANDARD 12 BAR BLUES RIFF, AND THE BIG CHANGES COME FROM ONLY A HANDFUL OF BLUES MEN, PERHAPS THE MOST FAMOUS RIFFS WERE BY ROBERT JOHNSON WITH HIS GORDY CHANGE FROM THE 8TH BARR TO THE 12TH BARR AND TO THE ELMORE JAMES RIFF OF "ROCK ME BABY" IF YOU COMBINE THE 2 YOU HAVE EVERY R&B ROCK N ROLL AND WHITE ROCK RECORD (WELL NEARLY)

ALSO AND MUCH MORE NOTICEABLE, IS ON JAMAICAN REGGAE, AS IT WAS THERE WHERE THE PRACTICE BECOME THE NORM AS WHEN I STARTED BUYING REGGAE RIGHT FROM THE START THE INSTRUMENTAL SIDE WAS INFARCT THE MORE IMPORTANT SIDE OF THE 2, IN 1968 WHEN I GOT ERIC BARENTS THE HORSE / ACTION LINE, I DID NOT NO ANYTHING REALLY ABOUT THE MUSIC EXCEPT THAT I LIKED IT, I DID NOT EVEN KNOW THAT IT WAS THE LATEST SOUND FROM JAMAICA, AND NO ONE OF MY AGE WENT INTO THE MUSIC IN DEPTH BLACK OR WHITE, BUT THE INSTRUMENTAL SIDE OR VERSION AS IT WAS CALLED OVER THE NEXT FEW YEARS POPPED UP TIME AND TIME AGAIN, IN FACT POOPED UP IS QUITE APT AS IT WAS ANDY CAPP POP-A-TOP THAT MADE MOST OF US AWARE OF THE VERSION SIDE WHEN HE TOOK A REWORKING OF THE EARLY 6S BILLY STEWART SONG THAT WAS COVED BY DERRICK MORGAN ON BLUEBEAT RE RELEASED ON TROJAN IN 68 AND STARTED TO PLAY ABOUT WITH THE A SIDE VOCAL AND THE B SIDE INSTRUMENTAL, FROM 1 RECORD HE GOT AT LEAST 30 MINUTES OF MIXING TO THE HIGHEST LEVEL POSSIBLE, AND IT'S GOOD FUN TO TRY AND COLLECT ALL THE CUTS, AND IT'S A LOT MORE THAN THE THE STATEMENT "TURN IT OVER FOR VERSION 3" AS VERSION 3 IS NOT THERE? I HAVE 10 CUTS OF FAT MAN/POP-A-TOP.

WHEN IT IT COMES DOWN TO IT, IT'S ALL ABOUT SAVING MONEY, PUT A DJ ON IT OR A MELODIC OR JUST MAKE AMPLIFY ED DUB NOISES AND YOU HAVE A HIT? THIS PRACTICE THAT STARTED IN CHICAGO AND WAS SKILLFULLY PUT TOGETHER IN JAMAICA, GOT PICKED UP BY CHICAGO BACK IN THE EARLY 80s GOT REARRANGED IN NEW YORK AND TURNED INTO HIP HOP, THE SAD THING IS SINCE IT WENT BACK TO THE STATES, THERE HAS NOT BEEN ANY NOTICEABLE HITS TO COME FROM JAMAICA SINCE SNOW & CHAKA DEAMUS & PLIERS ph34r.gif DAVE

Social source share

Times a Wasting Fuller Brothers; Remember me The Whispers

What would I do The Tymes , What would I do Superiors

Just Like the Weather Nolan Chance; Love Reputation Denise Lasalle

How many times did Alan Day play these back to back at the Torch?

Answer Loads

Shelly

Social source share

Times a wastin´-fuller Brothers

Remember-The Whispers

sugar Pie Honey-Promatics

Steve

I remember Blue Max having/playing 5 different records which had this Fuller Bros backing tune, the 3 mentioned above, plus (was it?) Love & Brotherhood " Sugar Pie Honey" on Chess, cant remember the other one tho'? Think it was a female vocal by an artist with two other known northern 45's - gosh its horrible getting old and your memory going !

There's another 3 "same difference" 45's - Stan Mitchell Quit Twisting My Arm = New Holidays My Baby Aint No Plaything = (cant remember, help somebody)

Social source share

Guest closed

If you Love Me - Monique (Maurci)

Challenge My Love - Tobi Lark (Topper)

Never Let me Go - Monique (Maurci)

Nothing In This World - Dottie & Millie (Topper)

Obviously something was happeniong between those two labels but Monique wins every time for me!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!