Stewartby 16Th July

Despite another thread on " all about the soul" saying that lookbacks do not give an honest opinion of a night as there is no play list & they are posted by peoples mates, I am still going to post this as it was a good night and generaly always is if you like classic northern soul, ( not oldies you may note!!)

Ady, Geoff & Hammy kept the floor filled and chins stroked at the bar and the playlist for 6 hours would take a lot of typing!! cheers lads enjoyed it.'

Perhaps I should also declare that I know and like all three of them so this is not entirley unbiased.

Andy

• Helpful 1
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest soulhattrer

Thanks,,, floor was busy all nite loads of new faces, soulies from Leicestershire,Northamptonshire,,Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire,Australia and even bedfordshire.Good spread of tooons thought the royal jesters went down a storm. Thank to every body.......... LURVED IT GEOFF onto.gif

Hi Andy

Couldn't agree with you more another great night from Bedford'sfinest and guess what I managed to get up and dance for a change. I did notice alot of new face's and some that were missing and from there comments they willbe coming back they thought the music was great and so did everyone else. It was nice to see Neil and Kaye fromWellingboro who's house we will be staying at after the Wilby Reunion onSaturday, not been back there since 1971, it's a shame the stairs are missing Iwould have like to have had another look around the old place. Anyway can'twait for the 24th September do at Esquires and seeing another exBedford lad on the decks (Tommy Taylor) ........ and not forgetting anotherStewartby on the 3rd September.

Well done

Ady, Geoff and Hammie.............

Dave

Guest Northern PhanTom

First time down to Stewartby since the all nighter days! Had a great time, good mixture of Northern/60ts/70ts with a few commercial bits thrown in.

Arrived at 8 and stayed until the end. Plenty of dance floor action and was well impressed by Ady.Geoff & Hammie's 6 hour tripple decking session, catering for as many requests as they could. :thumbsup:

Hope to be back down again in the future and was well worth the 100 mile round trip.:yes:

Tom & Therese wink.gif

Hang on a minute, just had a worrying phone call (well...not that worrying). Stewartby club have just asked if someone could call in & help Mick Lewin back on his feet as they're fed up with having to hoover round him, they said that five days is quite enough ! Sorry Mick, I've got a bad back :unsure:

post-2021-0-21814900-1311251783_thumb.jp

Like already has been said, it was nice to see some new faces, plus some returnees, a decent turnout. Music was very varied as we had a mountain of requests. I got there in the end with yours Tom.

We're back on the 3rd September, 8pm to 2am, see you then :thumbsup:

No Mick, no, no, sorry I can't :D