PM ONLY PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ONE,TA!

Edited by sam

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

THE EL COROLS-TICK TICK (ROUSER)

PM ONLY PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ONE,TA!

Hi Sam

Just to let you know the title is Chick, Chick.

ATB

Doc

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest clanger v2 profile photo
Posted

Or it might be called 'Ain't No Bragg'

Tough one to find, been after one for a while myself.....

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

The "TINY" label version is the better imho ! the same track but with an added 10 seconds of percussion on the run in , makes it sound that little bit more boogalooey & cool i rekon , good luck finding one

Edited by soulgirl85

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Yeah there are two pressings... "Ain't No Bragg" and "Chick, Chick". Apparently one is rarer but never been able to track down either :yes:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Went down a storm at Burnley, one bloke after my set mentioned it took him 10 years to get his hands on a copy, i didn't realise it was so hard. I believe a capital soul spin back in the day? Great label too!

Callum

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Pretty sure Yann had one for sale not long ago. It does crop on ebay now and then but i think its much harder as 'ain't no brag'. one of them has a nice crossover flip too. Sounds good next to 'Its Ok'.

Edited by corbett80

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Pretty sure Yann had one for sale not long ago. It does crop on ebay now and then but i think its much harder as 'ain't no brag'. one of them has a nice crossover flip too. Sounds good next to 'Its Ok'.

My copy's on Tiny, which was the first local label and it's got a real nice crossover dancer on t'flip, forget what it's called now without digging it out.

Jordi

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

One time spin at the Drunken Monkey woud'nt part with mine

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

My copy's on Tiny, which was the first local label and it's got a real nice crossover dancer on t'flip, forget what it's called now without digging it out.

Jordi

The Tiny release has the stunning 'You must be an angle' on the flip, the reason I first bought it 20+ years ago. Also the intro on 'Chick Chick' on the Tiny copy makes it a much better mix.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

The Tiny release has the stunning 'You must be an angle' on the flip, the reason I first bought it 20+ years ago. Also the intro on 'Chick Chick' on the Tiny copy makes it a much better mix.

which is also the flip on my rouser copy. raritywise the tiny release comes first, "ain`t no bragg" / rouser ws thought to be rarer as "Chick Chick" / rouser. First heard it via Capitol Soul Club around 2000...still have the clupbtape from back then with said tune on it. been playing it at the Hip City back then as well. top 45!

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest clanger v2 profile photo
Posted

Went down a storm at Burnley, one bloke after my set mentioned it took him 10 years to get his hands on a copy, i didn't realise it was so hard. I believe a capital soul spin back in the day? Great label too!

Callum

Neither did I mate. :rolleyes:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Craig Moerer had a small quantity of these 10 years ago. They had the you gotta be an angel label on both sides (rouser). which probably explains its rarity (mispressed) maybe twice (different titles, chick chick etc).

I bought his last copy. Open to offers (PM) Near mint.

Share this forum post

soul source url

Record Wants - Source Record Store

Members soul record wants - Soul vinyl desires

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Tick Tock
    Record Sales by Soulfulsolutions on Fri 13 Dec 2019
    • 2 / 394
    • Vadnochka on 13 Dec 2019
  2. Ricky-Tick Clubs
    Northern Soul Days by mags919 on Mon 24 Jun 2019
    • 1 / 473
    • mags919 on 24 Jun 2019
  3. Connie Stevens, Tick Tock on Bell promo.
    Record Wants by Suinoz on Tue 04 Sep 2018
    • 2 / 379
    • steviehay on 07 Sep 2018
  4. Connie Stevens, Keep Growing Strong/Tick Tock
    Record Wants by Suinoz on Mon 26 Feb 2018
    • 1 / 313
    • suinoz on 26 Feb 2018
  5. TICK TOCK CONNIE STEVENS WHITE DEMO
    Record Sales by nsouldie on Sat 11 Nov 2017
    • 1 / 537
    • nsouldie on 11 Nov 2017

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.