Monumental Soul This Saturday With Bobby Patterson Live

Guest Niki

Dearest groovy MENTAL Soul people,

Oh yeah!! It's almost time for the MonuMENTAL event of the year... THIS SATURDAY October 29th it's the next edition of MonuMENTAL Soul of course and boy is it going to be a legendary one. We have the great honour and privilege of presenting soul legend BOBBY PATTERSON - LIVE and direct from Dallas, Texas, performing a PA of such modern soul classics as I Get My Groove From You, I'm In Love With You, Let's Do Something Different and Recipe For Peace. This will be Bobby's first and only London appearance in advance of his full live show at the Togetherness weekender and Bobby is really looking forward to meeting his London fans. Tell everyone you know. This really will be a special night and one not to be missed.

If that wasn't enough for you we also welcome along MonuMENTAL regular and soulboy extraordinaire TAFFY as our special guest DJ. Those of us who have heard him spin at his residency at Plinston Hall in Letchworth will know that we're in for an oh so soulful Modern treat! Taffy will be lining up alongside your resident usual MENTAL DJs Gareth "Girth Devon" Donovan, Mole and me, Niki Golding. You know the rest... we'll be spinning a selection of lesser known 60s & 70s, funky floor-fillers, modern soul anthems and brand new SOUL cuts.... the very best in QUALITY SOUL old and new. A night of great soul music and great company at a great venue, with a wooden floor made for dancing, decent priced beer and draught bitter (I'm told that last bit is very important)!

Due to the short notice, this will NOT be a ticket event so make sure you arrive early to ensure entry.

See you there!

Niki, Girth & Mole

xx

P.S. Don't forget we have had to cancel the previously advertised November 26th and Christmas Eve dates (sorry!) and our last MonuMENTAL Soul of 2005 will be happening on December 4th with Tats & Bully travelling down from Derbyshire as our VERY special guests.

Monumental Soul

@ The Britannia

20 Monument Street

London EC3R 8AJ Doors: 8.30pm to 2am

Tax: £10 for October 29th Bobby Patterson event only

The Britannia is by The Monument - just a 30 second stroll down the hill from Monument Tube station (District & Circle Lines, and foot tunnel to Northern & Central Lines), walking distance to Fenchurch Street, Cannon Street, London Bridge (just over the river) and Liverpool Street Rail stations. If you're coming by car, Monument Street is just off King William St - London Bridge and Lower Thames Street. There is free parking just along the street from the venue.

PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF DATE - Last MonuMENTAL Date for 2005:December 3rd with Tats Taylor & Bully

post-2227-1130277951_thumb.jpg

post-2227-1130278020_thumb.jpg

post-2227-1130278039_thumb.jpg

Edited by Niki
  • Replies 33
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Going to the Valatone BUT please god some one persuede Bobby to come to the 100, This guy is such a top bloke, would be such a laugh to have him at the 100 mingeling :thumbsup:

I was going to stay in this weekend but if Panch is buying ????????????

:thumbsup:

a gallon of fosters for me please panch seeing as you disturbed my five minutes sleeping time at essence :D

a gallon of fosters for me please panch seeing as you disturbed my five minutes sleeping time at essence :thumbsup:

Taffy........sleep time at a weekender............you're having a larf aren't you.

If you add up all the sleep you had this year at Prestatyn, Cleethorpes and Hemsby, I bet it wouldn't come to more than an hour !

Guest Gavin Page

Taffy........sleep time at a weekender............you're having a larf aren't you.

If you add up all the sleep you had this year at Prestatyn, Cleethorpes and Hemsby, I bet it wouldn't come to more than an hour !

Panch, yikes :thumbsup:

More to the point Taffy slept on mu lap :D

yeah all that sleeping lark is for the youngsters mate :D:thumbsup:

It's a more Modern style with a tiny helping of 6t's. A few new, some less obvious with the emphasis on SOUL. You might get Esther Phillips-Just say Goodbye next to The Differences-Five Minutes next to David Ruffin-Rode by the place next to Nicole Willis-If this aint love next to Pat & the Blenders..........you get the drift. Plain & simple, a bloody good event that deserves to be supported.

Guest Gavin Page

It's a more Modern style with a tiny helping of 6t's. A few new, some less obvious with the emphasis on SOUL. You might get Esther Phillips-Just say Goodbye next to The Differences-Five Minutes next to David Ruffin-Rode by the place next to Nicole Willis-If this aint love next to Pat & the Blenders..........you get the drift. Plain & simple, a bloody good event that deserves to be supported.

And lots of silly people having loads of fun :huh:

londons version of the orwell :huh::D

a gallon of fosters for me please panch seeing as you disturbed my five minutes sleeping time at essence :yes:
sorry for that mate,but i didn't see you lying on the floor.
Bout time you got up the bar Panch :yes::D
i would have been baz if i hadn't kept tripping over taff asleep on floor at essence,trying to escape from gav kissing me

Panch, yikes :yes:

More to the point Taffy slept on mu lap :D

your very honoured,he dont sleep on just anybody's lap you know! yikes!! you mean,where you got that old photo from ? mines a few pints next essence mate. Edited by Panch
Guest Gavin Page

Really good night.

First visit for me. Lived up to high expectations.

Quality across the board rare soul. Good people.

Col.

Col

Have to agree, had a great night ! Girth, Nicki, Mole. Big Big Well done !

Bobby Hutton, Wilson Williams, Nicky Newarkers, Marvellettes, Stan Martin, Johnny Bartell, Almeta Lattimore, Collins & Collins, The Minits, Jackie Wilson, Bessie Banks, The Differences, Percy and Them, Sharon Jones, Midnight, Tolbert, Bottom & Co, Marvin Gaye, Tutu Jones, George McCrae, Marcia Hines, Gene Townsel, Isley Bros, TSU Toronadoes, Bonny Blanchard, Richard Caiton, Imperial Wonders, Sheryl Swope, The Hesitations, David Ruffin. I've had to dig really deep in the Memory bank for that lot, then it all went a bit hazy.

Well done Mole, Girth, Niki & Taffy :thumbsup:

Bobby Patterson (Mad as they come who told anyone who'd listen of his love of the great British sausage!!) biggrin.gif who put on a brilliant performance.

Maxine Woon with his entire recording catalogue for signing. That kept Bobby busy for a while :D

Normal bar prices and a friendly bunch of people thumbsup.gif

All this for less than the price of 2 packets of fags wink.gif . I guess it's fair to say I enjoyed myself.

Very good night, thoroughly enjoyed it. Good music played by all the DJs, got me dancing a lot, feeling it today.

Nice to meet KarenB, thanks for your kind words.

Hope to get up for the next one.

I agree, great night, music and atmosphere! laugh.gif:D

Thanks, nice to meet you too! Your Welcome! I was worried I might have upset you. :thumbsup:

Taffy - when you next there? See you Friday at Plinston shhh.gif

I thought The Orwell was Wigan's version of 'Mental' :lol::D:D:D

Girf

Hee Hee Nice one Girthy baby :D

Which came first, the chicken or the egg!

Either way, we're both shouting from the roof tops.....one from the North and one from the south!

Glad you had a good un on Saturday.

See you all at Fleetwood - just digging out the anorak for the tent!

Cheers

Steve Plumb

Guest Gavin Page

Hee Hee Nice one Girthy baby whistling.gif

Which came first, the chicken or the egg!

Either way, we're both shouting from the roof tops.....one from the North and one from the south!

Glad you had a good un on Saturday.

See you all at Fleetwood - just digging out the anorak for the tent!

Cheers

Steve Plumb

Tent !?! Wanabe Soul Essence !