The Phoenix - Crooked Spire Soul Club July 22Nd

WOW - What a night. 8.00 we had 2 people in, by 9.00 it was buzzin' with about 150 in. Nice to see it wasn't just 'the usual crowd'. Loads of new faces from far and wide and all more than welcome. The dance floor was heaving from the off and didn't empty till the lights came up at the end ( apart from a couple of tracks I played but, hey, that's me all over ) Guest DJ, Mr Ian Gee, well not really a guest as he is part of the Phoenix family having been the instigator of this venue from the off. As he said, local lad and great to see a local venue doing so well.

Over the months the numbers have been picking up and The Phoenix reputation gathering momentum but last night exceeded all expectations. Hopefully we can keep it going and with Yocky on next time we should be OK.

Big thanks to Ian for his continued support and advice. Managed to secure the venue for another year and make it a regular, 3rd Friday of the Month event. Anyone want a spot please call, be nice to see some new faces with new set.

Thank you all for your support and see you again real soon

Tezza XXX

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

great night Tezza n' Gigs .. great to see everyone in one place for a change lol ... good music all night and nowt wrong with playing just a few bits of different stuff at all ... thats what you set out to do tezz so follow your cause ... have faith !

Ian Gee as always... never ever fails to deliver, thats a cert :thumbsup:

see yer soon

ktf

pete n' susan

WELL,THAT IS THE BEST NIGHT I,VE HAD AT THE PHOENIX ,FROM WHEN WE GOT IN,SOME WARMING UP ON THE FLOOR ,THEN AWAY WE GO,THAT FLOOR WAS FULL NEARLY ALL NIGHT,THE MUSIC WAS BANG ON,A GOOD CROWD IN FROM ALOVER,WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR,WELL DONE GIGS AND TERRY,KTF,CARL :thumbsup: OH! NICE TO SEE JARVIS OUT TO...............

Guest BrandySistaShirl

WOW - What a night. 8.00 we had 2 people in, by 9.00 it was buzzin' with about 150 in. Nice to see it wasn't just 'the usual crowd'. Loads of new faces from far and wide and all more than welcome. The dance floor was heaving from the off and didn't empty till the lights came up at the end ( apart from a couple of tracks I played but, hey, that's me all over ) Guest DJ, Mr Ian Gee, well not really a guest as he is part of the Phoenix family having been the instigator of this venue from the off. As he said, local lad and great to see a local venue doing so well.

Over the months the numbers have been picking up and The Phoenix reputation gathering momentum but last night exceeded all expectations. Hopefully we can keep it going and with Yocky on next time we should be OK.

Big thanks to Ian for his continued support and advice. Managed to secure the venue for another year and make it a regular, 3rd Friday of the Month event. Anyone want a spot please call, be nice to see some new faces with new set.

Thank you all for your support and see you again real soon

Tezza XXX

first time back for me since ian and carl handed over.

fantastic night music brill great sets played by all d.js :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2:

great company.

will defo be back.

k.t.f. shirl......(the good brandy sister )

A bit late posting this,had to attend a wedding yesterday,anyhow I would like to say a big thankyou to each and everyone of you who made the trip down to the Phoenix on Friday evening,never seen it as full,thought there was a good friendly atmosphere,Poz kicked it off but with only a handful in,but by Tezza's spot the room was heaving with everyone having a good dance and a chat,then on came our top of the bill Ian soul father Gee,he just took everyone to the top,Brilliant! :thumbsup: (thanks Ian) then back came Tezza and carried them on till the end,then it seemed that no one wanted to leave when the lights came on,hope you can all make it down again sometime YOU made it great. KTF Gigs :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest davethedisc

The Phoenix has certainly risen from the ashes! What a great night. Nice to see the place full, well done Tezza and Gigs. Some top dancers were in giving it some to a great selection of tunes, nice to hear a few different 45s. Do you do season tickets?

Dave n Sheila

The Phoenix has certainly risen from the ashes! What a great night. Nice to see the place full, well done Tezza and Gigs. Some top dancers were in giving it some to a great selection of tunes, nice to hear a few different 45s. Do you do season tickets?

Dave n Sheila

Hi Dave n Sheila,afraid we don't do season tickets,but you will be very welcome whenever you decide to return,glad you enjoyed,we did :thumbsup: KTF Gigs

Guest Stretford

First visit,certainly won't be the last,nice venue,good crowd,nice selection of tunes.May you continue to grow!! Well worth the half hour blast up the M1,see yer next time. Kimberley Soul Crew.

Hello Terry and Mick

Sorry it's took me so long to post but as you know had a hectic weekend. Well what can we say about Friday night apart from the fact it was absolutely top notch. People pouring through the door making about 150 in total and the floor full all night.

"Phoenix" is now well and truly established and will go from strength to strength. Thank you for inviting me down Terry and Mick, I loved every minute. Its always a pleasure and an honour to play in your home town and the response was fantastic. I am sure the good people of Chesterfield and surrounding area will keep supporting this No Frills 5 Star venue.

See you all soon.

KTF

Ian G

Thanks to all for your kind words but without bigging ourselves up - got to agree !!

Wouldn't have been a touch on what it was without all you guys showing up and dancing ALL NIGHT LONG.!!!

Firstly , big up for Carl for helping us out in our hour of need, Cheers matey XXX

Secondly - massive thanks to Ian. Awesome night and so much talk of your contribution.

Guest smudgesmith

Check out our web site for future dates, DJs and info about our little club. Also, please leave a message about your experience of The Crooked Spire Soul Club. Our address is :-

WWW.CrookedSpireSoul.co.UK

Nice write up Terry :thumbsup: