Joe Bataan "im No Stranger" Fania 737 Current Value Please

Guest vinylmaniac

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

not aware of this one, is it the same song as Inez and Charlie Fox? I ask as I love Bataan and the afore mentioned song and can only think the combination would be sublime.

It's an lp only track, off the brilliant "Singing some Soul" lp. Same track as Sunny and the Sunliners and also I think the flip of Seven Souls - I still love you" on OkeH. Joe's is my favourite version. Lp's a tough one, probably £100 - 150.

Social source share

Guest vinylmaniac

It's an lp only track, off the brilliant "Singing some Soul" lp. Same track as Sunny and the Sunliners and also I think the flip of Seven Souls - I still love you" on OkeH. Joe's is my favourite version. Lp's a tough one, probably £100 - 150.

Hi Jordi. Its here in front of me on a 45, Fania 737. Flip is "ordinary guy".Thanks Ray

Social source share

Thanks for that I have and love the 7 souls track, grt flip. Will try to hear this version on tube, thanks it sounds amazing.

Social source share

Note also that Sunny and the Sunliners had two different releases of 'I'm No Stranger', first on Teardrop and then picked up for national distribution by London (in the US) .... except that the London release is a markedly different and vastly superior take than that on Teardrop which is fine in itself by the way, but the London release really is the business.

Social source share

This 45 was released in 1975 to cash in on the success that Bataan was having on Mericano / Salsoul, with the Bottle and his later version of Ordinary Guy.

I think it is probably a very hard single to turn up.

The version of 'Ordinary Guy' on this 45 is the version from 'Singing Some Soul' not one of the other versions he recorded at Fania.

On 'I'm No Stranger' he was covering the Seven Souls as a copy of the single was in the LP's project bag at Fania.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!