Mark Rez Half Price Set Sales - Jesse James / World / Darrell Banks / Billy Martin Etc Etc

PM or email me on mail@resolutionrecords.co.uk

Shipping is extra - everything strictly graded. Cheers....Mark

Some brilliant bargains here...

7"s:

Jesse James ‘If You Want A Love Affair’ (20th Century / USA / 1975 / VG+) £40 £25

( Simply one of THE biggest 70s records on the Northern Soul scene EVER…just perfect in every way….sadly this copy has some surface marks and lightly audible crackle here and there – soon passes as the grooves flow…TUNE…

The Lovelites ‘Love So Strong’ (20th Century / USA / 1973 / Ex+) £15

( Slight edge warp which dnap…MASSIVE!! Does Black Music really get any better than this? Nope…mega 2 Stepper as produced by Clarence ‘Starvue’ Johnson – if ya like femme soul, just buy this blind – I guarantee that you won’t be disappointed…on the rarer label for this one too – lovely M/S promo copy too – rarely bettered…harder 20th Century than on Lovelite… )

Jeanie Green ‘I’ve Been A Long Time Loving You’ (Atco / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £15 £8

( Cool WD copy of this brassy female NS midpacer which I’ve seen sell as high as £50…. )

Darrell Banks ‘Angel Baby (Don’t You Ever Leave Me)’ / ‘Look Into The Eyes Of A Fool’ (Atlantic (red) / UK / 1967 / VG-) £15 £8

( Sadly – this rare UK 7” is waaay off M-, the label is ripped and the middle is dinked and has a pen mark on it – but – believe me, it plays loud and proud – more like a VG+ so grab an “NS classic” bargain here from Mark Rez…label on flipside is clean and unspoilt… )

Margie Joseph ‘Love Take Tears’ (Atlantic / USA / 1978 / Ex+) £6 £4

( Nice M/S promo copy of the Johnny Bristol number – lovely NS mid-pacer at a good price… )

Quincy Jones ‘They Call Me Mr Tibbs’ (The Big Score / UK / 1990s / M-)£10 £6

( Hard-to-find promo for ‘The Big Score’ OST from the late-90s – so, so tuff to track down nowadays…flip is also ace ‘Mama Feelgood’ by Lyn Collins – unplayed copy here… )

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=786by-eyPCA

Ike & Tina Turner ‘Bold Soul Sister’ / ‘I Know’ (Blue Thumb / USA / 1970 / VG+) £10 £5

( Pure Meters-styled Funk from these 2 black music legends – solid gold – few scuffs here and there – no problems… )

Dee Dee Sharp ‘Do The Bird’ (Cameo-Parkway / USA / 1960s / VG+) £15 £8

( Brilliant Popcorn / R&B dance-craze track from Dee Dee – totally irresistible and a guaranteed dancefloor filler – few scuffs here and there and light crackle – ED copy too – love it… )

7026 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=r5vE-TPC800

April Young ‘You’re The One’ / ‘Run To My Loving Arms’ (Columbia / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £25 £15

( Beautiful WD of this outstanding NS / Teen double-sider – one uptempo and one midtempo – beautiful copy of a rare tune… )

Tito Ramos ‘Love’ / ‘I’m Not Too Young To Understand’ (Cotique / USA / 1960s / Ex) £30 £15

( Lovely Latin / Xover tune on a WDJ copy here – getting loads and loadsa spins on the NS scene – I personally LOVE the Latin-flavoured stuff that gets NS action – I just wish there was more of it…TUNE…..gorgeous slowie on the flip too – actually reminds me a bit of Joe Bataan’s style / sound…few scuffs to wax but plays very, very well…. )

Julian Tharpe and Zane Beck ‘Shake Your Booty’ / ‘Beverley’s Tune’ (Cash In Today / USA / 1977 / Ex) £6 £3

( Disco cash-in job outta Chicago, IL with some nice production touches…few light scuffs – minor wear… )

The Dells ‘It’s All Up To You’ (Chess / UK / 1972 / Ex+) £20 £12

( Simply put – one of THE finest slabs of black music EVER laid down..!! Look who’s involved here…Terry Callier-Larry Wade / Charles Stepney / The Dells / Carl Davis – come on…!! So, SO hard on light blue / white UK Chess issue too – OMG…middle is dinked but vinyl is virginal….spine-tingler…their finest track? I think so…

Oscar Toney, Jr ‘Is It Because I’m Black’ / ‘The Thrill Is Gone’ (Contempo / USA / 1974 / VG+) £25 £12

( Hard, hard USA gold label press here with a different (and infinitely better!) b side than the UK press…outstanding ‘funkier’ version here with backing from the UK’s finest, Ultrafunk….again – a few surface marks here and there plus light crackle which is minimal and soon fades… )

7037 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=sTYGwN1v-28

Tom Jones ‘Looking Out My Window’ / ‘A Minute Of Your Time’ (Decca / UK / 1968 / VG+) £8 £4

( Always popular….ace Tom Jones double-sider with the great breakbeat track on the A side and the lovely club cut on the flip…few surface scuffs – minimal problems… )

World ‘You Got The Power’ / ‘By My Side’ (Denika / USA / 1970s / M-)£200 £125

( Rare, rare Modern Soul 7” here that seems literally impossible to find…same kinda sound as King Tutt ‘You Got Me Hung Up’ – uber-rare – zero info on the net and I don’t think this has ever even been through eBay…? Stone mint copy of a BIG rare… )

Phyllis Hyman ‘Baby (I’m Gonna Love You)’ (Desert Moon / USA / 1976 / VG) £8 £4

( Sadly – this copy has an edge crack which causes it to click VERY lightly for the first few revs but as soon as Phyllis starts singing, it’s inaudible…her best-ever tune? I think so – one of THE best 2 Step tracks of all time…magnificent……. )

Charles Pryor and the Power Of Love Band ‘Disco Party (Get Down)’ / ‘Remember Me’ (Detroit Gold / USA / 1970s / VG) £50 £25

( Sadly, not Mint – crackles all thru but plays well enough to my ears…topside is excellent Disco / Boogie which was on this guy’s £300++ rated LP while the flip is actually credited to Jimmy Scott and is a killer Sweet With A Beat’ midpacer which makes this 45 just a joy to behold…..dubble bubble….

The Fabulous Rhythm Makers ‘Mini, Mini Afro Twist’ / ‘Ya Gotta Be Doin’ It’ (Forte / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £15 £8

( Rare R&B / Soul instrumental double-sider…topside sounds very much like an instrumental version of Dobie Gray’s ‘The In-Crowd’ while the flip is still a heavy groove but in more of a laid-back style – this one is scarce, I’ve checked… )

The Meters ‘A Message From The Meters’ / ‘Zony Mash’ (Josie / USA / 1960s / Ex) £8 £4

( 2 classic sides here…lovely copy too… )

7064 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=sP56SinvBA8

Billy Martin and the Soul Jets ‘Nothing But A Heartache’ (London / Canada / VG+ / 1969) £40 £25

( Rare Canadian-only instrumental version of The Flirtations Northern Soul classic – this is actually a tougher / funkier version with loadsa extra brass and heavier “bottom end” which sounds absolutely wicked to my ears – new one on me…vinyl looks a bit rough but plays very, very well…. )

Mel Torme ‘Comin’ Home Baby’ / ‘Right Now’ (London-Atlantic / UK /1962 / VG+) £20 £10

( Middle is dinked but otherwise this is very, very clean…so tuff to find clean on this original UK press…two stunning sides… )

Harold Butler & The Connection ‘Gold Connection’ / ‘Disco Mix’ (LTD / Jamaica / 1976 /Ex+) £60 £35

( This is baaaaad!! Pure Disco Breaks and bassline pressure madness that’s right up there with Risco Connections for me – very highly recommended for all those who dug right into the Soul Jazz Reggae / Disco comps from a few years back…best copy I’ve personally ever had / seen… )

Ramasindiran ‘Skinny Woman’ / ‘Shanghai’ (Magma / Italy / 1974 / VG/VG+) £30 £15

( Rare Italian-only Funk 7” which has always been absolutely m-u-r-d-e-r to turn up – taken from this guy’s £100++ rated LP – uptempo wah-wah Funk with ace femme backing vox and rattling percussion, great keys and an incessant tempo that just hooks you in – sleeve is rough with lotsa creases/wear but vinyl is waaaay better and plays more like an Ex to me – no problems there… )

Black Velvet ‘Can’t Stand The Pain’ (MAM / UK / 1971 / VG) £6 £3

( Fair price for this cos it looks a bit rough – taken from their £100+ rated LP on the same label – rock-y / funk-y / folk-y track from this maverick group – really grows on you after a few plays… )

Don Julian and the Larks ‘The Jerk’ / ‘Forget Me’ (Money / USA / 1960s / VG) £6 £3

( Looks / sounds a bit rough so priced really low – proper NS ‘oldie’ on topside and soppy slowie on flip… )

Riot ‘Put Your Gun Down, Brother’ (Motown / USA / 1973 / M-) £15 £8

( Lovely Mono / Stereo WD copy of this ace funky / breakbeat tune – so, so tough on 7”……… )

The Vibrations ‘Soul A Go-Go’ (Okeh / USA / 1960s / VG) £6 £3

( Cracking NS uptempo from these stalwarts…looks very rough but plays absolutely fine after initial intro crackle…like Northern used to sound.. )

Laurel Aitken ‘Fattie Bum Bum’ / ‘Version’ (Pama Punch / UK / 1975 / Ex)£15 £8

( Yet another nice Skin tune from the heroic Laurel Aitken…looks rough but actually plays really, really clean – Dub is a good one here…. )

The Bad Boys ‘Black Olives’ / ‘Love’ (Paula / USA / 1966 / VG+) £30 £20

( So indemand right now – killer Club grooves with some of the twangiest gee-tar licks in Christendom…few scuffs here and there – minor stuff…great to see this cool little 60s Funker back on my shelves again – one copy only and a big spin for John Stapleton a coupla years back, I believe…? )

&playnext=1&list=PL57839CF28DBE7F01

Fred Wesley & The J.B’s ‘Doing It To Death’ / ‘Everybody Got Soul’ (People / USA / 1973 / M-) £12 £6

( Outstanding double-sider…lovely condition… )

7087 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=Scfkmmrq3ME

Betty Adams ‘Make It Real (Ride On)’ / ‘Too Much Goin’ On’ (Notes Of Gold / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £20 £10

( Superb Sister Funk cut/s – both sides great – lovely copy here…great breakbeat too… )

Chocolate Boys ‘Voltaire Pier’ (Omega / Holland / 1974 / Ex+) £25 £15

( Fantastic tune!! Scarce 7″ issue for this Russ Dewbury / Adrian Gibson spin – pure Ramsey Lewis ‘Wade In The Water’ vibes..as seen @ £40 on another List earlier this week… was actually covered up on the Northern scene as “Ramsey Lewis”….!! )

Renee Geyer ‘Heading In The Right Direction’ / ‘Moving Along’ (Polydor / USA / 1977 / Ex+) £15 £10

( I’ve known about this one for ages but have never actually had it for sale before…really, really good Sister Soul double-sider with great Funk parts and even a bit of Jazz thrown in for good measure – lady had a terrific voice and this is a brilliant little 45, believe me…not expensive but tough to find… )

Mandrill ‘Mango Meat’ (Polydor / USA / 1973 / Ex+) £10 £5

( Killer tune form one of THE most-sampled bands EVER…as soon as I hear that intro, I’m gone – hard on 7”…

Roy Ayers ‘2000 Black’ / ‘The Way Of The World’ (Polydor / USA / 1975 / M-) £12 £6

( Rare, rare 7” press for these 2 BIG tracks from Roy’s important ‘A Tear To A Smile’ LP – stone minter…Roy Ayers should be in The Black Music Hall of Fame if he isn’t there already, right? )

Gene Ammons ‘The Black Cat’ (Prestige / USA / 1960S / Ex) £8 £4

( Lovely Soul-Jazz grooves from Gene…few crackles hare and there so graded / priced down from my usual £10 starting price for ANY Prestige Jazz 7”s… )

Gary Bartz NTU Troop ‘Dr Follow’s Dance’ / ‘Standin’ On The Corner’ (Prestige / USA / 1973 / Ex) £20 £10

( Nuther nice Prestige 7” this List – promo copy here as well – 2 big Bartz tracks here back-to-back – again, light crackle here and there so priced accordingly… )

7097 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=L5HUPwiUfYE

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=RS9L3TUgyuY

Tobias Wood Henderson ‘Color Blind Man’ (Pulsar / USA / 197os / Ex) £50£30

( Killer male vox’d Funk – always indemand – few scuffs here and there on this copy so priced down a bit – heavy stuff – so much rarer than the LP… )

The 21st Century ‘You’re My Only World’ / ‘Remember The Rain’ (RCA / USA / 1974 / Ex) £6 £3

( Nice midtempo 70s Soul on topside – soppy slowie on flip – fair price…few crackles here and there – needs a clean.. )

The Johnny Griffin Big Band ‘Wade In The Water’ (Riverside / USA / 1960s / Ex) £20 £12

( Here on a solid centre, 33 RPM 7” press…great version which is gaining plays / followers as I type…superb item…. )

Millie Jackson ‘A House For Sale’ (Spring / UK / 1976 / Ex+) £15 £8

( No comment required – NS classic in lovely condition here… )

Smile Street People ‘Smile Street’ / ‘Lypso Disco’ (SSP / USA / 1970s / Ex+) £60 £30

( Stunning, stunning 45 – incredible mix of laid back Disco grooves, Reggae tempo and lazy wah-wahs and beautiful male / female vocals – top brass too – treat yourself to a listen to the clip below – actually reminds me of a RAMP out-take – I could easily see somebody like Roy Ayers producing something like this back in the mid-70s…highly, highly recommended……flip is also ace, trust me…I’ve had this once before, I think, but it wasn’t anywhere near as clean as this one…I got £150 for my first-ever copy of this, nearly 10 years ago… )

The Buena Vistas ‘Foxy’ / ‘Filet Of Soul’ (Swan / USA /1960s / Ex+) £15£8

( Tuff Detroit insts here – both have had heavy rotation on the Northern scene down the years – excellent 45 in immaculate condition…great label… )

The Olympics ‘The Bounce’ / ‘Fireworks’ (Tri-Disc / USA / 1960s / Ex+)£6 £3

( Classic NS oldie – topside blatantly nicks the riff from Daddy Ray’s ‘What’d I Say’ – 2 good sides…

Al Brown + Skin, Flesh & Bones ‘Here I Am Baby’ (Trojan / UK / 1974 / Ex) £10 £5

( Lovely little double-sider – topside’s a Funky-Reggae version of The Marvelettes biggie while the B is a very well done take on the Al Green song…lovely condition inna Trojan custom baggie again too…hurray!! )

Mark III Trio ‘Good Grease’ / ‘G’Wan Go On’ (Wingate / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £10 £5

( 2 good sides of greasy 60s funky R&B – I’ve got 2 copies here – first taker gets the white demo – ok? Both appear unplayed… )

12"s:

Marvin Gaye ‘A Funky Space Reincarnation’ (voc/inst) (Motown / USA / 1978 / Ex+/Ex+) £15 £10

( Scarce Motown 12″ with all sortsa production tricks going on from Marvin – inspired…!! An undisputable musical genius… )

1205 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=-p6qz7NYrZY

The Love Symphony Orchestra ‘Let Me Be Your Fantasy’ (Excalibre / UK / 1979 / M-) £20 £12

( Rare demo copy. Peak-time Disco outta the Big Apple – a solid 10 mins of Disco groove – comped by Ian Dewhirst and recently sampled by Joey Negro…very little about this issue on the net – must be rare…? Unplayed copy here )

Donna McGhee ‘Mr. Blindman’ / ‘Do As I Do’ (Anchor / UK / 1978 / Ex+/M-) £50 £30

( Again – gonna grade the Anchor custom baggie here first too…THIS IS UNPLAYED…still has the static dust from the pressing plant on it and is – definitely – THE cleanest record on this whole List… )

1209 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=0yg8Gt4P5FU

Harvey Mason ‘Groovin You’ (Arista / UK / 1979 / M-/M-) £15 £10

( Excellent Boogie cut from Harvey – big, big sample source in House back in the early-90s – still sounding large…! Check the soundclip – also became an all time classic House tune with a just a few tweaks (Gusto – ‘Disco’s Revenge’ – now a N.E.R.D. sample all over again too – where will it end…?)… Here’s the original. Everybody needs this….I’m grading the Arista custom baggie here too – ok? Appears unused… )

Paul Mauriat and his Orchestra ‘Love Is Still Blue’ (Free Spirit / USA / 1976 / M-/M-) £20 £12

( SEALED COPY!! Disco / Soul classic in S/S condition…what can ya say? Not much…multi-sampled in House music down the years and now finding a whole new generation of admirers…. )

Curtis Mayfield ‘Tell Me, Tell Me’ (RSO / USA / 1979 / Ex+/Ex) £25 £15

( Rare 12” on the “Gentle Genius”…check the much-sampled intro – love it – huge syndrums here too – Curtis could turn his talents to anything…again – vinyl only missed the Ex+ grade cos of a bit of scribble on the label – RSO custom bag is pristine…cool white promo here too with ‘Heartbeat’ and ‘Over The Hump’ on the flip… )

Johnny Osbourne ‘Water Pumping’ (Starlight / UK / 1981 / VG) £6 £3

( Classic Prince Jammy riddim here – sadly a long way from Mint but plays loud – DJ version from Wayne Smith on ‘Music On My Mind’ on the flip….original label press before it got picked up by Greensleeves… )

Powerful People ‘(Little Girl) Say Yes’ (Epic / USA / 1977 / Ex+) £20 £12

( Nice white promo copy – of this cool Disco-Boogie / Modern Soul shuffler…very fair price here… )

1215 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=ih9DnvAYozo

Spacesetters Orchestra ‘Frankie & Johnnie’ (voc/inst) (Marianne / USA / 1970s / Ex+) £10 £5

( Vocals are a bit over saccharine-sweet for me but the instrumental side works a lot better – this is a John ‘I Can’t Stop’ Davis production – good, bass-led Disco break midway in…very, very fair price…. )

Roman Stewart ‘Babylon’ / ‘Nattie Groove’ (Foreward / USA / 1978 / M-)£60 £40

(Huge Roots tune from Roman & Co – recently spotted at well over £100 elsewhere on the net! The labels on this are reversed as they seem to be on all copies…let me stress again just HOW immaculate the condition on this is – it is 99.99% unplayed….ok? Killer horns rub on the ‘Nattie Groove’ side…what a treat to be able to offer 12”s like this to y’all, folks…. )

Sweet Sensation ‘Wake Up And Be Somebody’ (Pye / Canada / 1970s / Ex/Ex) £40 £25

( Rare, rare, R-A-R-E 12”…actually a version of Brainstorm’s massive Disco / Northern Soul biggie – a Canadian-only 12” that was actually produced by Tony Hatch….worth the money for the slamming, clav-led break midway in – “storming” as they say….custom baggie has a few creases here and there, minor wear and vinyl has a few surface scuffs but is pretty clean too… )

Major Lee Vincente ‘Let Me Take You Higher’ / ‘You And Me’ (Goldrush / 1977 / USA / Ex+/Ex+) £30 £20

( Driving Disco / Funk of the highest order in outstanding condition…reminds me of JD Hall ‘I Wanna Get Into You’ )

1220 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=OlnxZLZEor8

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=bzTCm_X04yM

LPs:

Change Of Pace ‘Bring My Buddies Back’ (Stone Lady (gatefold) / USA / 1972 / VG/VG+) £20 £10

( Rare LP…nice to be able to offer it again as it’s been a few years since my last one… with the nice Crossover dancer ‘People’ plus also good is ‘Blood’s Much Thicker Than Water’ etc etc – nicely ’rounded’ LP if you knoworrimean…? Cover is slightly tatty but nowt horrendous – just a few pen marks and a bit of ringwear – wax is completely clean… )

Sf03 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=ns2CPcY8G8c

Georgie Fame ‘Fame At Last!’ (Columbia / UK / 1964 / VG+/Ex) £20 £10

( Fantastic R&B / Soul set from ever-reliable Georgie – Get On The Right Track’ , ‘The Monkey Time’ , ‘All About My Girl’ , ‘Point Of No Return’ , ‘Green Onions’ etc etc – quality all the way…47 years old and still going strong, people… )

Sf04

The Fatback Band ‘Let’s Do It Again’ (Perception / USA / 1974 / VG+/Ex)£20 £10

( Good / clean copy of a classic NYC Funk/Soul LP….’Street Dance’ , ‘Going To See My Baby’ , ‘Let’s Do It Again’ etc etc…minor wear and tear here and there – small stuff… )

Sf05

The Four Tops ‘Meeting Of The Minds’ (ABC-Probe (gatefold) / UK / 1974 / Ex+/Ex+) £10 £5

( Beautiful copy here – and another firm old fave down here @ Resolution HQ for the wonderful midtempo Northern dance grooves of ‘Tell Me You Love Me’ – aaaahhh..memories…vinyl looks unplayed… )

Sf06 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=0QCfQNmT1d0

The Modulations ‘It’s Rough Out Here’ (Buddah / USA / 1975 / VG+/VG+)£40 £20

( Superb ‘Ghetto Soul / Funk’ LP right in that Skull Snaps / Montclairs vein with barely a weak track on show – ‘I Can’t Fight Your Love’ , ‘Worth Your Weight In Gold’ , ‘I’m Hopelessly In Love’ etc…few scuffs to vinyl and usual ringwear to sleeve + coupla (short) seam splits so priced nice and low here… )

Sf10 https://www.youtube.c...h?v=S3OxRk2rVlg

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=CDTjDLkk-f0

The Reflections ‘Love On Delivery’ (Capitol / UK / 1975 / VG+/M-) £20£10

( British-issue copy of this excellent J.R. Bailey / Ken Williams-produced and penned LP – ‘She’s My Summer Breeze’ is a personal fave 2 Stepper and ‘Day After Day’ also deserved a mention cos it’s a lovely dancer too…slight ringwear to sleeve – nuttin horrendous…VERY fair price…TUNE…!! )

Sf12

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=BLOuITAl0qw

The Art Reynolds Singers ‘It’s A Wonderful World’ (Capitol / USA / 1960s / Ex/Ex) £20 £10

( Not had this on before? Gospel Soul / Funk with a few good cuts – loved the looseness and free-flowing feel of the ‘It’s A Wonderful World’ title track also great was ‘There’s A Brighter Day and a coolly arranged version of ‘Feelin’ Good’ – sleeve is still in shrink and only graded down from Ex+ cos it has a cut out hole top right and is also a bit grubby – vinyl better – just scuffed but non-audible…nice LP… )

Sf13

Rhythm ‘Rhythm’ (RCA / USA / 1976 / VG+/Ex+) £50 £25

( Well – here’s a surprise! Thought I’d had / seen all Soul / Funk stuff on RCA and then along comes this to stump me..? MUST be rare…rarer Promo copy too with some excellent Disco / Funk tracks like ‘Are You Ready For This’ , ‘Carry Me Down’ , ‘Slow Funk’ etc etc – mild wear to sleeve but overall very, very nice… )

Sf14

The Second Coming ‘The Second Coming’ (Birthright / USA / 1978/ Ex+/M-) £10 £5

( Lovely Gospel-Soul set with some stunning female vocals….stone mint copy…

Sf16

The Troubadours ‘Drunk & Disorderly’ (Caravan / Canada / 1970s / Ex+/Ex+) £60 £40

( New one on me? Rare, rare Islands Funk LP that I’ve never set eyes on before…..several good cuts here for us…’Coretyne’ is a big, banging Funk cut with nice keys and rising brass, ‘Thank You Baby’ is a coooool, organ-led soul groove with, again, excellently arranged brass and some nice tempo changes and ‘Toronto Mas’ is again uptempo with some great pan playing and crashing percussion – 99% unplayed copy here, has to be rare…. )

Sf18

Dionne Warwicke ‘Just Being Myself’ (WB / UK / 1973 / VG/Ex+) £20 £10

( Sleeve only graded VG cos of sticker damage top front right (small) – otherwise it’s clean… I remember not being able to believe my ears when I found out that this was Dionne ‘skin up’ Warwicke when GP announced it on Kiss FM one sunday PM way back in the 90s – shurely shome mishtake, I thought? No – ‘You’re Gonna Need Me’ (very recently sampled by Usher n his massive ‘Throwback’ hit) and ‘I’m Just Being Myself’ are both on here and they both still sound amazing – those intros….! Very fair price here… )

Sf20

Nancy Ames ‘Latin Pulse’ (Epic / USA / 1960s / VG+/VG) £10 £5

( With ‘Carcara’ – THE killer Jazz Dancer a la Dingwalls etc etc – first copy here in 3 years….sleeve is just slightly worn but vinyl looks rough – plays more like an Ex – ‘Eso Beso’ is also so, so good here…’1, 2, 3’ also well worth a listen… )

Lat02

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=TrLTeLcKSlA

Nancy Ames ‘Spiced With Brasil’ (Epic / USA / 1960s / VG+/Ex+) £12 £6

( Here’s her other LP too – nice to have em both…All-time killer club track a la “Dodgy Bossa” ‘Pow Pow Pow (Mas Que Nada)’ – Dingwalls memories…!! ‘Reza’ also nice….sleeve and vinyl both very nice here… )

Lat03

Eddie Cano & Nino Tempo ‘On Broadway’ (Atco / USA / 1966 / VG+/VG)£10 £5

( Nice price on this cos the vinyl is a bit worn… top version of the Beatles’ ‘A Hard Days Night’ which breaks out into a tuff Descarga midway in…’Reza’ is also cool as is ‘Hip Street’ and ‘King Kong’ – total bargain here… )

Lat05

Oscar D’Leon ‘Y Su Salsa Mayor’ (Top Hits (dbl LP) / USA / 1978 / EX+/Ex+/Ex+) £6 £3

( Cuban salsa double LP – 2 different artists – Oscar D’Leon on topside and some dude called ‘Wladimir’ on the other – new one on me – looks like a Florida label? )

Lat06

El Lupo ‘Lupo El Fantastico’ (Cotique / USA / 1960s /VG+/EX+) £15 £8

( Lovely Latin Soul / Jazz LP with a few great tracks here – ‘Pata Caliente’ , ‘Lupo El Fantastico’ but the best of em all id the Northern-flavoured ‘Boogaloopo’ which is set at just the right tempo for a shuffle on the floor – gorgeous, gorgeous tune…despite the bizarre title… )

Lat07

Tito Puente ‘The King’ (Tico / USA / 1960s / Ex/Ex) £25 £15

( Graded low cos sleeve (despite still being in it’s shrinkwrap!) has a fair bit of scribble to rear and on label/s – vinyl is much better but also has a few scuffs so is also graded Ex…nice Tito LP from the late-60s – mostly uptempo stuff with the standouts being ‘TP’s Shing-A-Ling’ , ‘ Safari’ , ‘Shing-A Tin Tin’ etc etc – why do people write on sleeves? Nice price, kidz…. )

Lat09

Freddie Rodriguez ‘La Versatilidad De Freddie Rodriguez’ (UA Latino / USA / 1960s / E+/Ex+) £50 £25

( Beautiful copy of a rare LP on a highly collectable label…what more can ya ask for? This is actually a top-notch, highly-regarded Boogaloo / Latin Soul LP that always hits top dollar on the ‘bay…vinyl is gorgeous and sleeve has just very, very light ringwear – loadsa nice cuts here ‘Banana Baby’ , ‘Lu-Lu Boogaloo’ , ‘Swing Para Ti’ , ‘Going Nowhere’ etc…great stuff…some wonderful flute work on this… )

Lat10

End of List - thx - Mark

Edited by Guest
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source