Tyn Tymes - Baby I Love You

Agent45

Tyn Tymes - Baby I Love You / Bootleg (Music Box 512)

Topdog (Hi Dave) and Manship have this 45 listed at a significantly different price than Popsike history might suggest for a price on this 45. Anyone know why there's such a wide gap in pricing?

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Its a weird one mate, never took off massively, but has had sporadic plays over the years, I dont know what JM or Popsike throw up, but I would say about £100 ish depending on condition, however get a second opinion, as my recent estimates have proved to be way out on one thing in particular.

Best Russ

Social source share

I just bought a copy of this (M- record, sleeve in nice shape, not M-) for $67. I had checked Collectors Frenzy and saw that $100 was tops for this. Probably a case of a record that was thought to be 'rare' about 10 years ago just before eBay really took off and now it's been revealed to be much more common. In these cases it's often that a record was not ever found in quantity and exported to the UK so there were never copies for sale by the usual dealers so they assumed it was rarer than something that had been 'around'.

Social source share

Going price £100 - £150 depending on condition and whether it has a mint sleeve or not.

It is pretty rare in my opinion in that they don't pop up a great deal.

I paid £175 for mine many moon's back when it was played at The Dome. Not seen many since.

All the best,

Eddie

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

defo sells for about £100 plus over the last few years but you can find the odd one every now and then if you look hard enough but theyt dontcome up for sale often and they aint out there in quantity, it was their only ever recording i believe from 1969 and obviously a cover of the Howard Tate version 2 years earlier, ie been playing this on and off for a few years now and always had a good reaction, worth every penny imho :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

cheers bearsy,great tune whichever version people want,quality

jason

yep got both lucky enough Jason, hope your well matey long time no see :thumbsup:

Social source share

Thanks, everyone. I did find my copy with a very badly chewed/ripped up sleeve - enough so that it's really about half gone, so not worth even stating that I have it. The vinyl is really nice though. I was trying to look it up and was stunned by the differences in price out there. I think I also prefer Howard Tate, but I can definitely hear why the Tyn Tymes would have their fans out there, and I wouldn't complain if I heard a DJ play it instead of HT. The HT is so well known, that hearing a well played uptempo cover of it would sound pretty fresh to a lot of ears.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!