Papa Bear & The Cubs - You're So Fine (Sms) Value Please

Looking back, the last requests for a value on this was 2005, which was £550 to £600.

It seems to have sold this year on Manship in April for £1162 and Ebay in May for $1625.

Does anyone know a current reasonable value for an Ex to M- copy please?

Mike

Edited by mikeysoul
Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

there was a topic recently...it appears to have had a price increase.. £800 appears to be a fair price...some might pay more

dave

I can remember it going for £800 or there abouts back in around '86, certainly when Lifeline was at Sheridens.

Sure someone had one month or so ago and wanted a £1000. I would say around £800 though but whether it would be worth that without demand and based purely on rarity is open to debate. It does pop up on a fairly regular basis.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

is this not that rare a tune then ?? i didnt think there was tooooo many copies about and the ones on JM wasnt mint and the ebay one was dog rough :huh: 20-30 copies or many many more ??

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

a few more than than 20 or 30 i would have thought

John Anderson had about 8 i heard that got snapped up but i only heard it played out a couple of times and not often seen in playlists but then again i dont get out to the type of venues enough that would play tunes like this :(

Social source share

John Anderson had about 8 i heard that got snapped up but i only heard it played out a couple of times and not often seen in playlists but then again i dont get out to the type of venues enough that would play tunes like this :(

It's been hammered for last 6 or 7 years but been around for lot longer.

Reckon there's more than some think around although a rare record. With the two up for auction, one Flynny can get his hands, I've seen two for sale last two or three months, not bad for a rare record is it.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

It's been hammered for last 6 or 7 years but been around for lot longer.

Reckon there's more than some think around although a rare record. With the two up for auction, one Flynny can get his hands, I've seen two for sale last two or three months, not bad for a rare record is it.

thats probably why a few have come up for sale lately Chalky its been hammered oop north and now time to move on geting money in ready for the next must have tune to hammer out, who made this popular for it to get exposed 6/7 years ago ??

Social source share

thats probably why a few have come up for sale lately Chalky its been hammered oop north and now time to move on geting money in ready for the next must have tune to hammer out, who made this popular for it to get exposed 6/7 years ago ??

I doubt that is the reason they are coming up for sale Paul.

I know Andy Dyson was playing it back in the early days of Lifeline, can remember a steady stream coming up to the decks for a gander at what it was, Sam later hammered it as did plenty of others.

Social source share

Think it was me wot dun it guvnah, for twas my Johnny Henley "Ooh Baby" c/u, about 15 years back mebbe? ( always thought it sounded like the vocals from the Tie 45 Memories/No Time, hence the c/u) Not saying it had never been tried before by some other DJ, but not to my knowledge or I wouldn't have covered it.

Could it be mostly the same initial find copies circulating the scene, cause there's only 1 copy I could see that had been sold on ebay when I looked at popsike? ( Cant think of many records where there's only one copy sold on ebay ??)

Remember the last conversation I had with Nige Shaw before he passed away, and we almost agreed a deal for him to buy my spare copy, sentimental fool that I am I wish he'd had it now....

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Correct Steve ..........................front page £6.00 inc postage and packaging....................Rod was the first port of call.

Social source share

I thought, in fact am pretty sure Dearlove was the first to turn this up. It was on his front page - for one week only. Love the way history is being re-written again :rolleyes:

Who first had it on a list wasn't Beasy's question though, no history being re-written. Don't think Rod made the record popular did he?

Social source share

Who first had it on a list wasn't Beasy's question though, no history being re-written. Don't think Rod made the record popular did he?

Post # 8 Chalky - it talks utter tosh. :lol: Uncle Dearglove turned it up, and a few of us got it that week, including presumably Andy who played it at Sheridans ad John who covered it up. In truth I filed my copy away on the shelves so not laying any claims on it.

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Post # 8 Chalky - it talks utter tosh. :lol: Uncle Dearglove turned it up, and a few of us got it that week, including presumably Andy who played it at Sheridans ad John who covered it up. In truth I filed my copy away on the shelves so not laying any claims on it.

I'm on post 11 :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert