Copydex/revirginizer Record Cleaning Products : Any Good ?

• Replies 6
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest john s

Anyone tried these cleaning techniques ? Be great to hear some feedback before I waste any time or money

https://testpressing....he-copydex-way/

https://recordrevirgi....com/about.html

Cheers

I know a lot of people who swear by this technique - although I've never used it myself. It does take a day or two to dry, and it's a bit fiddly by all accounts, but well worth a try, I'd have thought.

I would point out that the glue - copydex or PVA glue - is approximately 10% of the price of the 'posh' version, and apparently does exactly the same job.

Social source share

Guest DAWEEDSMOKA

I might get stoned here...but I use a nitty gritty machine 2% of the time, and the rest elbow grease.

I make my own fluid which I hear is similar to the store bought stuff. ingredients are...

1 part rubbing alcohol

3 parts distilled water.

1 squirt windex or anything with ammonia or anything that will kill milew

1 or 2 drops washing up soap

and 2 drops of kodak photo phlo (photo emulsion fluid. the photo plo is not completely needed . water beads up on records and this products makes it "wetter and it helps itt spread.

the one microfiber to whip, one to dry.

I've found the key is scrubbing with a cheap nylon bristol nail brush. will not harm the 45 will remove a lot of pops/skips/surface noise.

I am also am guilty of a squirt of pledge/ spray on wood polish. does not cause damage nor does it leave residue or alter the 45 a deceiving manner. not like removing scratches with a polishing compound..

I also higly recommend mobile fidelity record brush. have used them wet but were they really shine is dry. large with deep bristles, pick up alll the dust makin the reord shine again. can also be cut in half making 2 45 brushes.

this method is just as good if not better than using any of the machines or systems IMOP.

-Xavier

Edited by DAWEEDSMOKA
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!