Record Shops In Brasil

Guest diskovlad

Guest diskovlad

hey everyone,

It's been a good while since I was here the last time and I'm back with a concern smile.png

Next weekend (07.08) I'll be flying to Brasil, mainly Rio and probably Sao Paolo...anyone knows some good spots for record hunting, esp. 2nd hand shops??

many, many thanks for some adresses/contacts/tipps etc

naturally other tipps (food, bars, how-to-not-get-robbed etc.) are welcome as well smile.png

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There are plenty of 2nd hand record stores in Rio. Don't have the addresses, but when I was there, a quick look at the local version of the yellow pages (if you are in a hotel they will have one), will give you places to go. I remember there are 3 or 4 just 5 minutes off the Copacabana beach (in safe areas).

Social source share

Hi

When I was in Rio after finding one shop I used the 'snowball' effect for finding the next one.

Show your map to the assistant, tell him what you are after musically, get them to dot the location.

I ended up in quite a few weird and wonderful locations to say the least.

I would advise to do your digging during the day, some parts of Rio,at night, become a bit more weird than wonderful.

Galerias are usually a good bet also.

Good luck , both cities are amazing, just make sure that you keep your wits about you.

Nick.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!