Eddie Piller - Records Stolen Friday Night - Scans Now Added

Just heard Eddie Piller had a 150 count box (well a canvas fold over bag actually) of UK & US original 60's/70's 45's stolen from outside Madame Jo Jo's on Sat morning at about 3am. Anyone being offered something for sale similar to this please feel free to let me know by PM (Don't think he's on SS)

There is a reward for safe retrieval

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Steve Plumb
Social source share

Just heard Eddie Piller had a 150 count box (well a canvas fold over bag actually) of UK & US original 60's/70's 45's stolen from outside Madame Jo Jo's on Sat morning at about 3am. Anyone being offered something for sale similar to this please feel free to let me know by PM (Don't think he's on SS)

Cheers

Steve

thats fookin' shite isnt it?....remember eddie from donkey's back at ilford palais....they should take a leaf out of saudi's book and chop the barsteward's hands off in retribution

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

What a nightmare...nearly lost mine loads of times over the years, usually due to drinking too much, always got them back thankfully.

Ste.

Social source share

Yep, saw Eddie earlier tonight @ Vintage and he's absolutely gutted, not least since he's got numerous gigs coming up. I've offered to let him borrow anything he can use from me but obviously if anyone hears of any records being offered around than please drop a PM to Steve or me. It's probably some quick fingered chancer in Soho so please keep your eyes peeled and let any dealers know.

Cheers,

Ian D :(

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanks for all the replies. Eddie managed to get enough records lent to him to be able to do his sets over the Vintage weekend. Will check in with him later to see if anyone has heard anything about the stolen 45's and report back here? In the meantime could we please ask all the record dealers, shops etc to keep their eyes and ears open?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Unfortunately most of the time some chancer thinks there is something expensive in it rather then some ''worthless'' records and quite often people dump it within minutes!!!! Make sure you check the area!!!! I do hope he will get them back !!!!

Edited by viphitman
Social source share

thats terrible! I hope he gets them back, but like Dave Pinch said, a list, or anything distinguishing about any of the records, WOL etc would be a great help in knowing what we're looking for.

Social source share

thats terrible! I hope he gets them back, but like Dave Pinch said, a list, or anything distinguishing about any of the records, WOL etc would be a great help in knowing what we're looking for.

Just spoke to Eddie and he hasn't heard anything yet?

Think there were lots of UK 60's/70's (many Demos) and some US 70's dancers - Eddie is sending me a list soon.

The bizarrre thing was that Vintage used a load of his 45 scans to dress the Soul Room (they looked brilliant too!) so that rubbed it in even more everytime he came into the room! On the banner there was a US W/D of Winstons (Colour him father) a UK DJ of Contours (Misunderstanding), Modulations UK Buddah DJ, Yellow UK DJ of Wade in the water, US ISSUE of Arnold Blair plus some more i can't think of at the moment. These should be easy to spot if they surface as they had various marks on the labels to distinguish them as his!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

:hatsoff2: Hi All .. It that awfull gut wrenching feeling that only the victims of this awful crime, I am strongly of the belief that this incident was not a chancer, but committed by 2 people as it must-have been noticeable who suddenly left the venue around-the time they were stolen, surely people who where there must no, :huh: Question should dealers and Dee Jays get insurance cover, or has the venue got some insurance cover, did you report it to the POLICE?? I am gutted for you, have you a list of your records and also a list of who attended on the night? Any info on suspects please let me no, I would get great gratification in getting them back for :thumbsup:DAVE the HAMMER
Social source share

if vintage used the labels with tell tale marks how about someone getting hold of the scans and putting them on all relevant websites so dealers and buyers alike know what to look for?

he must be gutted

dean

Good idea Dean

I'll arrange to get some scans and get them uploaded here

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Unfortunately Soho at 3 in the morning is full of opportunistic scum-bags, you could try the local council, to see if anything has been handed in, when I worked around there things were always being dumped at our firm, long-shot, but worth a try.

Several years back I had a box stolen from me lat the 100 club I had my back turned for 5 minutes, so I've every sympathy.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

still nothing heard on this yet?....i can only summise that with it being the smoke, madam jojo's being in soho, and even at 3am there's a probability its some opportunist who dosnt realise what was in the bag, just picked it up...if it is someone from within the club at the time,perhaps most people there would know or recognise each other...did they have to produce some sort of membership or sign in/stamp on their hands...any cctv inside or out?. so its look out for internet & paper ads, check your texts/emails for anything that sound suspicious, pawn/secondhand shops need checking out, and like as been said here already, all record dealers, weather shops or websites, should be informed. was the bag a name brand and did it have any distinctive marks on it or badges for instance that would give it away. most of this is what the cops would ask anyway, but so long as the scene is keeping its eyes wide open and its ears to the ground, there's as good a chance as any that it will be hard for this/these scum to move anything without it being noticed.

Social source share

still nothing heard on this yet?....i can only summise that with it being the smoke, madam jojo's being in soho, and even at 3am there's a probability its some opportunist who dosnt realise what was in the bag, just picked it up...if it is someone from within the club at the time,perhaps most people there would know or recognise each other...did they have to produce some sort of membership or sign in/stamp on their hands...any cctv inside or out?. so its look out for internet & paper ads, check your texts/emails for anything that sound suspicious, pawn/secondhand shops need checking out, and like as been said here already, all record dealers, weather shops or websites, should be informed. was the bag a name brand and did it have any distinctive marks on it or badges for instance that would give it away. most of this is what the cops would ask anyway, but so long as the scene is keeping its eyes wide open and its ears to the ground, there's as good a chance as any that it will be hard for this/these scum to move anything without it being noticed.

Madame JoJo's doesn't have any membership on these nights, and on the night in question I doubt there would be many from the scene there.

Edited by Tony Smith
Social source share

Guest lambrettanik

gutted for you mate,ive known of other dj's to have stuff stolen too,i do know the scene has always attracted some dubious characters but the thing i was always proud of was the trust and comradeship we're renowned for,ive had badges removed from my bag,this theiving scum must only be a minority and unfortunately i dont think they will be an "outsider" as joe public tend to covert shiny status symbols and not know the value( not just in monitary terms but in sentimental and soulful attachment) of a record collection,i can understand why some dj's play reissues and boots,rather risk their cred than their collection.iam with the ealier post-saudi justice!

Social source share

Guest john s

unfortunately i dont think they will be an "outsider" as joe public tend to covert shiny status symbols and not know the value( not just in monitary terms but in sentimental and soulful attachment) of a record collection

I'd imagine it was a passing chancer picking up the bag the records were in and legging it before they even looked to see what was in it.

Social source share

The club surely has CCTV yes? and in Soho there are cameras everywhere, might be worth a punt, your worse nightmare if you are a DJ and really hope the guy gets them back

Lenny

spot on,...cctv is best bet then, so its about checking out who owns what, if its privately installed or council and if they're willing to examine footage for evidence....this barsteward thinks theyve got clean away....in this day & age??, they're having a giraffe!!,...til their collar gets felt and they wake up on life support...so everyone needs to be sharp as a tack now, no matter which end of the country we're in.

Social source share

Unfortunately this is the dark side of the soul scene. I've had lots of records go mssing, maybe through my own stupidity but, when the opportunist gets the chance, thats what they do. I'm missing the Agents, Sam Williams, Troy Dodds and more recently Carol Anderson, Bobby Valentin and others and some of them I have genuine suspicions who took them. Beware anyone who visits the Nottingham area and indeed be vary careful ..... no I dont even want to go there as it "Beggs Belief".

As far as the Notts thing goes, I'm sure the guy who ran Bestwood would back me up on it...... One day, just one day. Nuff said

ranting_1.gif

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Eddie still hasn't got them back yet, he has started making a list of the tunes he's missing plus he's sent me a load of scans that he sent to the guys at vintage, so i'll start posting them up tomorrow (today)

Some are very distintinct so it will make it easier for folks to keep an eye out for them

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Here's some scans of some of the 45's stolen from Eddie Piller in London on Saturday morning (3am) 30th July 2011. They are the actual records that were stolen so please keep your eyes peeled for them, especially the rarer ones with distinguishing marks on them!

There are about 125 others not included here, it's just that Eddie has scanned a few 'nice looking' labels in for use by the Vintage Festival designers for their banners in the Soul Room! Will post a list of the others up later

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Nearly all of those can be replaced with not too much difficulty, I'm sure if we all put our heads together we could find a lot of those for Eddie from our own collections/stock? Pretty sure I've got a copy of the Sugar Billy record which I'd be happy to donate for nothing, might have a TSU also.

Social source share

Nearly all of those can be replaced with not too much difficulty, I'm sure if we all put our heads together we could find a lot of those for Eddie from our own collections/stock? Pretty sure I've got a copy of the Sugar Billy record which I'd be happy to donate for nothing, might have a TSU also.

:hatsoff2: HI ALL ...TOTALLY AGREE PETE, IF HE GOT THE CASH I COULD REPLACE ALL THE CHESS LONDON, JUST LOOKING THROUGH THERE ARE SOME NICE BITS, SOME ARE LIKE A SORE THUMB, THE JERRY BUTLER DEMO FOR EXAMPLE, AS SOON AS IT IS OFFERED FOR SALE UNLESS IT'S TO UK COLLECTOR/DEALER I WOULD SAY THEY WOULD NOT NO THE PRICE, THIS WAS MY POINT ABOUT VALUE, THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS ALL THE CHEAP STUFF HE CAN HAVE BUT IF HE WANTS RARE 60S UK DEMO HE WILL HAVE TO PAY, TMG864 ISSUE EX CON HE CAN HAVE IF YOU PRICE IT JUST FOR HIM MR BLOE DEMO IS RARE GOT A VG+ OR I WILL GIVE HIM A FRENCH PIC SL COPY, IF YOU CONTACT ME PETE AS YOU NO I HAVE NO CASH SO YOU WILL HAVE TO POST THEM FOR ME,WOLVES RECORD FAIR IS SOON , AND GOOD NEWS I HAVE THE PUMA BACK ALL TAXED INSURED MOT, I HAVE WHEELS??

TO BE HONEST THESE RECORDS WHERE NOT STOLEN BY A CHANCER, AND THEY WILL TURN UP IN ABOUT 18 MONTHS, AS THEY ARE BOUND TO BE NO LONGER WITH THE THIEF, IF I FOUND OUT, I WOULD GET THEM BACK IN 24 HOURS AS THE THIEF WOULD NOT HAVE A LEG TO STAND THE SAME AS HIS PET CAT? " :shhh: GERTCHA COW SONS" :boxing: DAVE K

Social source share

Cheers

Steve

Sorry to hear this. A friend of mine had his collection stolen a few years back. They followed him home. I too nearly had mine stolen in York by a piss-head. Thankfully the box was too heavy for him to run down the street with - fxxxing cxxt!! I would have killed him if I caught him - I get a little possessive at times.

Really hope mr Piller gets his tunes back and as all above have said, if I get offered anything I will give you the heads up.

ktf,

Jay

Edited by jasonsaxo
Social source share

Guest tiger

thats fookin' shite isnt it?....remember eddie from donkey's back at ilford palais....they should take a leaf out of saudi's book and chop the barsteward's hands off in retribution

How awful, this happend to a DJ friend of mine. I don't like to leave my 45's unattended, but sometimes while you're on tour you have to..el tigre

Social source share

Sorry to hear this. A friend of mine had his collection stolen a few years back. They followed him home. I too nearly had mine stolen in York by a piss-head. Thankfully the box was too heavy for him to run down the street with - fxxxing cxxt!! I would have killed him if I caught him - I get a little possessive at times.

Really hope mr Piller gets his tunes back and as all above have said, if I get offered anything I will give you the heads up.

ktf,

Jay

I had me first collection swiped in York the culprit left loads of evidence ie his blood where he smashed his way in,finger prints where he stole next doors milk well the nice police fetched em' round on the back of a push bike(400 count box) for me to identify,two years on get a letter from chief of the nice police saying they gave him back the records as possession is 9 points of the law, at the time it happened folks on the scene did not believe the said person would do such a thing, until the twat screwed them too..........the York crowd were well behind me even offered to get em' unofficial like at Rudy's dayer when he turned up there in his home town Scarborough,put me off buying records for ages wish there was internet then i'm sure you all would have replaced them :lol:

I'm not bitter in any way,fukcin' pigs and he's dead now :thumbup: no i did not do it or order it either,just good karma

Edited by ken
Social source share

I had someone come to my house 2 years ago and actually steal a record while I was there, I know he did it, he doesn't think I know he did it, but loads of other people know he did it now and like Ken's story above, none can believe it. To actually do it while I was just a few yards away in another room though, what kind of person would do that? And I've seen him 3 or 4 times since and he speaks to me as if butter wouldn't melt.

Edited by Pete S
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Oh then there is Russ White, what goes round come's round fella' ,all you gotta do is return my records.

Record i would like returning,just some of em'

my dearly beloved, i had to pay £200 for that,just bought it of Saus but had not payed for it it was a twat having to pay for a record i had for about 4 hours.

Edwin Starr on Ric Tic mint not long after paying Andy Dyson £100 autographed

Cant stop looking for my baby on Ric Tic mint i think same as last one.

So whoever as em' now,you bought stolen goods and probably knew that who know's ?

Edited by ken
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Who is he?

He used to dj loads of places and hang with Chalky, Rob Wigley and got caught nicking records at a weekender,so as vanished i think he's in Peterboro now.........he's not your relation is he Chalky ?

Social source share

I had someone come to my house 2 years ago and actually steal a record while I was there, I know he did it, he doesn't think I know he did it, but loads of other people know he did it now and like Ken's story above, none can believe it. To actually do it while I was just a few yards away in another room though, what kind of person would do that? And I've seen him 3 or 4 times since and he speaks to me as if butter wouldn't melt.

Same thing happened to Tim Brown and, like you, he knows who did it too and they'll never be invited back that's for sure. I guess the vinyl madness gene can badly affect people's honesty quite badly.

Ian D :D

Social source share

Same thing happened to Tim Brown and, like you, he knows who did it too and they'll never be invited back that's for sure. I guess the vinyl madness gene can badly affect people's honesty quite badly.

Ian D :D

Yeh got a couple on my list still alive :lol: i get facebook friends requests from one of em'. :rofl:

Edited by ken
Social source share

The same thing happened to me.....two weeks later, the record was on his sales list for 75 quid.

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL......I NEVER LET PEOPLE INTO MY HOSE TO LOOK AT RECORDS, I TRUST NO BLOCKHEADS, ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN TO MINE ARE VALUED FRIENDS THAT ALL 6 OF YOU IN 30 YEARS, I WOULD NAME THEM BUT SOMEONE OUT THERE WOULD TAKE THERE HONESTY AS A Q TO ROB THEM,

AGAIN I AM REPEATING MYSELF, BUT WHEN I HAD MY RECORD BOX NICKED AT St IVES EVEN THO I ASKED BRIAN RAYE TO WATCH IT AND ALL THE TOP DEALERS WHERE THERE AT THE TIME, AND THEY HAD KNOWN WHO STOLE THEM, IT TOOK ME 10 YEARS TO FIND OUT! 10 YEARS IS A LONG TIME, WHEN I SHOULD HAVE FOUND OUT IN 10 MINUTES, AND TAKE IT FROM ME AS LONG AS IT COMES THIRD OR FORTH HAND THEY WILL BUY YOUR RECORDS EVERY TIME, AS I HAVE SAID MANY TIMES I TRUST NO ONE, I HAVE NAMED BRIAN BUT I CAN ASSURE ALL MEMBERS OF THIS SITE AND THE SCENE, BRIAN PLAYED NO PART IN IT AT ALL AND HE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO SAY NOTHING, IF YOU NO THE THIEF YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND, BUT YOU FEEL SO GUTTED UNLESS IT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU, IT'S ON PAR WITH A DEATH OF A LOVED ONE, HAPPY DAYS ON THE RIGHT ON KEEP THE FAITH NORTHERN SOUL SCENE OF YESTERYEAR, AND SINCE I FOUND OUT WHO, HE HAS DISAPPEARED WITHOUT A TRACE, I AIN'T FORGOT?! :wicked: DAVE

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL......I NEVER LET PEOPLE INTO MY HOSE TO LOOK AT RECORDS, I TRUST NO BLOCKHEADS, ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN TO MINE ARE VALUED FRIENDS THAT ALL 6 OF YOU IN 30 YEARS, I WOULD NAME THEM BUT SOMEONE OUT THERE WOULD TAKE THERE HONESTY AS A Q TO ROB THEM,

AGAIN I AM REPEATING MYSELF, BUT WHEN I HAD MY RECORD BOX NICKED AT St IVES EVEN THO I ASKED BRIAN RAYE TO WATCH IT AND ALL THE TOP DEALERS WHERE THERE AT THE TIME, AND THEY HAD KNOWN WHO STOLE THEM, IT TOOK ME 10 YEARS TO FIND OUT! 10 YEARS IS A LONG TIME, WHEN I SHOULD HAVE FOUND OUT IN 10 MINUTES, AND TAKE IT FROM ME AS LONG AS IT COMES THIRD OR FORTH HAND THEY WILL BUY YOUR RECORDS EVERY TIME, AS I HAVE SAID MANY TIMES I TRUST NO ONE, I HAVE NAMED BRIAN BUT I CAN ASSURE ALL MEMBERS OF THIS SITE AND THE SCENE, BRIAN PLAYED NO PART IN IT AT ALL AND HE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO SAY NOTHING, IF YOU NO THE THIEF YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND, BUT YOU FEEL SO GUTTED UNLESS IT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU, IT'S ON PAR WITH A DEATH OF A LOVED ONE, HAPPY DAYS ON THE RIGHT ON KEEP THE FAITH NORTHERN SOUL SCENE OF YESTERYEAR, AND SINCE I FOUND OUT WHO, HE HAS DISAPPEARED WITHOUT A TRACE, I AIN'T FORGOT?! :wicked: DAVE

dave

find this story hard to believe although if what you are saying is true , then there is something seriously wrong here, you are saying people knew who stole your records and did or said nothing ,thats as bad as stealing them

Social source share

dave

find this story hard to believe although if what you are saying is true , then there is something seriously wrong here, you are saying people knew who stole your records and did or said nothing ,thats as bad as stealing them

Yes he's right are you not reading the thread Barney, best thing is these nice nsoul folks we hear about hide in with the big boy's and try through tittle tattle make you look like shit.

Edited by ken
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!