Sam & Dave - (Artist Of The Week)

So what's that about on 'Mr Man's' recent auction about dark blue label for the UK "Soothe me" then?

That's the only one I know about (and have) on blue Stax, was there another one on the lighter blue label also?

Also, don't forget another goodie from them "Everybody's got to believe in somebody" - also done by Dee Dee Warwick.

https://www.45cat.com/record/584228

Social source share

So what's that about on 'Mr Man's' recent auction about dark blue label for the UK "Soothe me" then?

That's the only one I know about (and have) on blue Stax, was there another one on the lighter blue label also?

The way I read it, it was more the fact that it was the studio recording, rather than the US single which used the live version...

Social source share

Here's my light blue copy. Not sure if the difference will show up in the scan.

I'd never seen the DARK blue before the JM auction!! (then again, not something I would be looking for)

Kev Bod.

Many Thanks for Posting this Kev, I've never seen one before on Light Blue.

Social source share

Here's my light blue copy. Not sure if the difference will show up in the scan.

I'd never seen the DARK blue before the JM auction!! (then again, not something I would be looking for)

Kev Bod.

:hatsoff2: HI ALL.... HERE IS MY ORIGANAL COPY ON DARK BLUE, CENTRE KNOCKED OUT YEARS AGO, WHAT ARE WE SAYING PRICE WISE ON ALL THE UK COPIES, I TAKE IT DID NOT COME OUT ON RED ATLANTIC? I HAD BETTER CHECK, SAM & DAVE HAVE A SINGLE ON R^B OFF SHOOT KING. THATS WELL WORTH GETTING ALSO THE LIVE LP AT FINSBURY PARK ASTORIA (RAINBOW) LOVELY CEILING IN THERE I TELLS YOU :thumbup: DAVE

post-13241-0-41682800-1312502406_thumb.j

Social source share

No Dave, Polydor had just started the Stax imprint as a separate entity at that time, so blue Stax only...

:hatsoff2:HI ALL... CHEERS FOR THAT? THE BLUE STAX LABEL ALWAYS REMINDS ME OF MY 1 st PROPER INTRODUCTION TO FEEL i WAS NOT A KID ANYMORE, AND MY ELDER BROTHER AND SISTER LET ME GO OUT WITH THEM ON A SATURDAY NIGHT, THE HERMITAGE (HERM) WAS THE LOCAL DIVE DANCE HALL, GREAT PLACE FOR A PUNCH UP, STEVENAGE MECCA WAS EXCELLENT.

BUT IT WAS THE BOWS LION YC, THAT I ENJOYED, IT WAS 1OO% MOD, SUITS AND SORTS AND THE MUSIC THAT WE STILL LOVE TODAY, TYPICALLY THE BIG SOUNDS OF THE TIME WHERE PHOENIX CITY AL CAPONE GUNS OF NAVARONE , MOTOWN SOUL. i SAW GENO WASHINGTON THERE WARING MY BRUVVERS BLUE MOHAIR SUIT A SIZE TO BIG TO THIS DAY GENO WAS THE MAN, THE DANCING WAS BRILLIANT, THE JAMAICAN LADS RELAY COULD DANCE, FREDDIE MAC DJ ED AND BRUCE WICKS THE BLUE STAX RECORD WAS... "THINGS GET BETTER" EDDIE FLAYED, BUT ALL THE BLUE STAX RECORDS SOUNDED LIKE PROPER SOUL, I NEVER GOT "I LOVE LUCY" DID ANYONE BUY THAT RECORD AT THE TIME? :thumbup: DAVE

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
On 31/07/2011 at 00:39, 45cellar said:

STAX_601004-A-1.gifSTAX_601004-B-1.gif

No release in the U.S.A. on single other than the "LIVE" Version. Here's the stunning U.K. release.

I still love this. So pleased that the studio version was released here in the UK.

The 1st release with the Dark Blue label reminds me of the hours spent in second hand shops searching for records like this.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!