Willie & Magnificents/ Willie & West

KevH

I'm sure this has been discussed before,but can't find it.

The P-Vine LP is credited on one side to W & Magnificents,,the other to W&West.

Did the Willie & West tracks come out as singles or in any other format?

Are the bands one and the same?

"Get away from me girl" ? - Willie & West ?

"Come on back" - W & Magnificents ? Single release?

Thanks,confused of Mansfield.

Edited by KevH
Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm sure this has been discussed before,but can't find it.

The P-Vine LP is credited on one side to W & Magnificents,,the other to W&West.

Did the Willie & West tracks come out as singles or in any other format?

Are the bands one and the same?

"Get away from me girl" ? - Willie & West ?

"Come on back" - W & Magnificents ? Single release?

Thanks,confused of Mansfield.

get away from me girl is album only

mark

Social source share

Which LP Mark ?

i think it may be on both i have willie and west at the best and that track was the reason i bought the album but i think john manship auctioned the willie and the mighty magnificents album and i am sure that was one of the tracks you could listen to.

mark

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Kev,both Albums can be found on P-Vine PLP 6529 willie&the mighty magnificents v Willie &West..and same as i told you the STAY AWAY FROM ME GIRL has been remixed with a stax backing wich is better imo than the orig on Stang. :wave:

Social source share

Kev,both Albums can be found on P-Vine PLP 6529 willie&the mighty magnificents v Willie &West..and same as i told you the STAY AWAY FROM ME GIRL has been remixed with a stax backing wich is better imo than the orig on Stang. :wave:

I must be thick....Willie&West have an LP,,,, as well as W&Magnificents,,(and both are featured on the P-Vine LP? )

The original W&Magnificents LP is on All Platinum? And there's another on Stang?

Social source share

I must be thick....Willie&West have an LP,,,, as well as W&Magnificents,,(and both are featured on the P-Vine LP? )

The original W&Magnificents LP is on All Platinum? And there's another on Stang?

willie and the mighty magnificents is on All Platinum and willie and west is on stang,

mark

Social source share

yeah defo the best version...what price is the lp" willie and west"?

gasher

Social source share

Guest biggray1

yeah defo the best version...what price is the lp" willie and west"?

gasher

Hi Mate,my copy cost £65 Shipped from uk dealer about 8 yrs ago,its now in Cressy's collection after some great trades,

Social source share

Sadly no cover to mine as it was err covered up.

Theres also another track on the album of similar quality to "Get away from me girl"

Will dig it out & report back.

The standout tracks on the P-Vine LP for me are,Get way etc,Come on back,Hurts on me baby,Key to my happiness,You and me.

Social source share

willie and the mighty magnificents is on All Platinum and willie and west is on stang,

mark

Hi Mark

Is the Lp in question ,the very hard to find one called " VERY SOULFUL" ?

I saw it on ebay about a yr since as a buy it now for about £130 ....left it and shortly after ,it appeared on Manship auction :g:

Not one you see very often but do recall there were some nice LP only tracks on it :yes:

Social source share

Hi Mark

Is the Lp in question ,the very hard to find one called " VERY SOULFUL" ?

I saw it on ebay about a yr since as a buy it now for about £130 ....left it and shortly after ,it appeared on Manship auction :g:

Not one you see very often but do recall there were some nice LP only tracks on it :yes:

yes very soulful

mark

Social source share

Am I right in thinking "Hurts On Me baby" was released as a single credited to the Moments on Stang, of is this a different version?

Cheers

Mick

Yes Mick,and better more soulful in my opinion than the Moments."Key to my happiness" (Moments as well),gets a vocal re-arrangement as well.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert