Groovin' (Episode 3) @ Rolls-Royce, Derby

Guest Derbyshire Bint

Guest Derbyshire Bint

Hello everyone,

Late summer Bank Holiday weekend is only a few weeks away which can only mean it's nearly time for another two room 'mini-dayer' at Rolls-Royce in Derby. After an excellent Episode 2, we're back with this year's final event and another great line up. Episode 2 saw c.400 people through the door, creating a great atmosphere in both rooms .... Episode 3 is likely to be the same ............ hope to see lots of you there.

This time's Groovin guests are MICK H, CHRIS ANDERTON and ERROL GREEN, we were also hoping for a super-duper early doors session from one (or more) of the Bentinck Backroom Boys but other (charity) commitments means we've had to put that on hold for now. Anyway, as always the emphasis will tend towards midtempo, crossover type tunes but really you can expect a little bit of everything, particularly from regulars Rob Kay, Denmac & Kev Rodgers.

It all kicks-off at 4pm thru to 12.30am as usual, and if your tastes tend to the more traditional Northern & Motown type of stuff then the main room is the place for you, where there's another great line-up, in addition to CHRIS ANDERTON and ERROL GREEN doing early-ish spots, there'll also be contributions from LITTLE SCOTTY, GLYN SISSONS as well as regulars Keith Banks, John Poole and possibly a further 'suprise' guest.

As always it's £5 otd, there's plenty of on-site parking, it's air-conditioned, holds up to 450, hot food is available through to about 9.30 - 10.00pm 'ish and there's usually tables full of records, cd's, t-shirts & other goodies. (best to contact Keith if you want a table in the main room and either Rob Kay or myself for space in GROOVIN' ).

Cheers,

Kev

Rolls-Royce Pavilion, Moor Lane, Derby. DE24 9HY

Opposite the Moorways Sports Centre & Swimming Pool.

for info;

email - stevenbanks2002@hotmail.com

Keith Banks - 01332 573312

Rob - 07831 336 296

Kev - 07855 785 368

• Replies 18
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest sharmo 1

Hi Kev any chance of the usual table for one old boy? really looking forward to this it's a shame it's the last one of the year have you not considered a Christmas or new year type day ? otherwise it'll be about seven month's untill the next one WE CAN'T TAKE IT !!!!!!! regards Simon.

Hi Simon,

No problems mate, usual table it is, although we might rearrange the sales tables this time ....??

Chris Anderton will have all his sales stuff and what with contributions from yours truly and Rob Kay, looks like thre will be some tasty items on offer ........... still there's room for more if anyone else is interested.

Kev

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Derbyshire Bint

Yahoo!!!!! :thumbup:

Not long to go now.

To all you lurkers.....if you've never been to this Soulfest then give it a go. It's always very well attended with tuneage of the finest quality... oh..., oh....oh.......and a lovely pint of Pedigree!!

See you there

Vicki :D

Hi Everyone, Have had PC problems, so not been able to a post up, nearly sorted !! just taken 10 mins to get here !!

Anyway after i have done this i'm going to throw the ....... out of the window.......

Looking forward to to our next and last for this year, session, all DJ's have confirmed that they are ok.

Hope to see old & new friends

As i allways say, something for everyone

4pm-12.30am £5.00

Rob.

Looking forward to the last one this year, looks to be a great day, hope to see you there :wicked::thumbsup:

After the last May Bank Holiday event with over 400 attending in what Sean Chapman describes as the best all dayer venue, Rolls Royce Derby is holding it,s 18th Mini All Dayer on Sunday 28th August 4-00 pm till 12-30am. This is a 2 Room event. Room 1 Northern Soul, Motown. DJ,s John Poole(Notts), Glynn Sissons, Little Scotty, Rob Kay, Chris Anderton, Erroll Green, plus resident DJ Keith Banks , plus others TBC.

Room 2 Modern and Crossover, DJ,s Rob Kay,Mick H, Chris Anderton,Erroll Green Denmac, & Kev Rodgers, plus others TBC Great 450 capacity venue,sprung dancefloor air conditioned,always well attended, massive car park, £5-00 OTD,Record dealers welcome(reserve a table),hot and cold food available, get there early,see flyer for directions,sat nav postcode DE249HY, for info email stevenbanks2002@hotmail.com

Hi Everyone, Have had PC problems, so not been able to a post up, nearly sorted !! just taken 10 mins to get here !!

Anyway after i have done this i'm going to throw the ....... out of the window.......

Looking forward to to our next and last for this year, session, all DJ's have confirmed that they are ok.

Hope to see old & new friends

As i allways say, something for everyone

4pm-12.30am £5.00

Rob.

Get them sales boxes out the Dorset collectors will be attending in , keep up the good work , always qaulity music in that back room.

Regards

Dave n Trace

Hello Mr Bentley,

Be really nice to have yours and Tracey's company again, .

I'm looking forward to it too, always interested to hear what tunes the guests will dig out - from current 'biggies' to almost forgotten gems, although, in my case there's still tons of stuff I don't know.... for example, a few weeks ago I bought Brenda Parker - Help me find a good man. The other crate-diggers around at the time, were surprised I didn't know it, but then that's part of what I like about the soul scene, there's always something "new" to hear, even if everybody else has already heard it and subsequently forgotten about it.

Take care, see you next week.

Kev

Get them sales boxes out the Dorset collectors will be attending in , keep up the good work , always qaulity music in that back room.

Regards

Dave n Trace

Dave, My sales box will be brimming with new stuff, had so many records in lately...loads of good stuff for sale!

Looking forward to seeing you and Trace again mate.

Kev, Looking forward to having you on the show on Monday (22nd) night on www.thisisthecat.com (9-11pm)...sure we will talk a lot about "Groovin"....

Chris

Regards

Dave n Trace

Dave, My sales box will be brimming with new stuff, had so many records in lately...loads of good stuff for sale!

Kev, Looking forward to having you on the show on Monday (22nd) night on www.thisisthecat.com (9-11pm)...sure we will talk a lot about "Groovin"....

Chris

Chris

Looking forward to seeing you all again, Traceys birthday this time, looks like she will be getting a record then! Lord and Lady Snow will be coming along too.

See you Sunday

Dave n Trace

Looking forward to seeing you Dave & Tracey, and everybody else,

Just got to set the kit up in the morning.

DJ Times.....

MAIN ROOM

4.00-5.00 Keith banks

5.00-6.00 Errol green

6.00-7.00 Rob kay

7.00-7.30 keith banks

7.30-8.30 John poole

8.30-9.30 Chris anderton

9.30-10.30 Little scotty

10.30-11.30 Keith banks

11.30-12.30 Glynn sissons

XOVER 70'S ROOM

4.00-8.30 Kev rodgers, Denmac, Rob kay

8.30-9.30 Errol green

9.30-10.30 Mick h

10.30-11.30 Chris anderton

11.30-12.30 Kev,Den,Rob

See you there

Rob.

Morning all :)

Just back from setting-up ...... everything's hunky-dory.

Brand spanking new toilets in the 'chill-out lounge' between the main room and Groovin' , as well as comfy new chairs in Groovin' and a slightly different layout - we've moved the record bar to the back of the room.

Had a super-duper night at Grantham last night and looking forward to more of the same this afternoon / tonight.

Hope lots of you can make it :yes:

Take care,

Kev