Read If You Want Pms Not To Be Interupted

Mike

there's a post in feedback about this

basically looking at cleaning up the amount of pms stored on site for perfomance and maint reasons

after views etc posted in feedback the plan is to limit each member to a certain amount

the limits will be 200 for mint members 100 for mint minus members

these limits will come in gradually so all members should hopefully get aware and clean up before in place

if not then your pm inbox will be classed as full and the system wont allow any pms to be sent to you!

to remove in bulk - when viewing "my conversations" pages there is a tick box at the top of the page (right hand size) which will help speed up removal

tick it and all boxes on that page will be ticked - then choose "delete" at the bottom

to archive - view the conversation and at the bottom there is a link "Archive Conversation" which will email you the conversation - a one click affair

as said it be done in stages

first stage is a limit of 1000 for mint and similar for mint minus will be put in place on monday

suggested that to avoid any interuption etc if over 200 you do it now

cheers

mike

Edited by mike
Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

3000 thats more than what i had :ohmy:

I think it's because for some reason I seem to be some kind of unofficial agony aunt come record problem solver so there's not a day go by when someone asks me something or other, had four or five yesterday - most of them say what should I do about this or that. Odd, but nice at the same time.

Social source share

I think it's because for some reason I seem to be some kind of unofficial agony aunt come record problem solver so there's not a day go by when someone asks me something or other, had four or five yesterday - most of them say what should I do about this or that. Odd, but nice at the same time.

pm sent.. :lol:

Social source share

3000 thats more than what i had :ohmy:

just a quick highlight

make sure that when you delete you really want to delete

as there is no easy way to get them back once deleted

Do you have to manually delete notifications too? I've just deleted some for messages long since deleted.

Social source share

wouldnt worry too much about notifications

should have a limit of 30 if seeing more just delete all and hopefully it pick up 30 next time round

just re-highlite below as members do need to be aware

here's a post in feedback about this

basically looking at cleaning up the amount of pms stored on site for perfomance and maint reasons

after views etc posted in feedback the plan is to limit each member to a certain amount

these limits will come in gradually so all members should hopefully get aware and clean up before in place

if not then your pm inbox will be classed as full and the system wont allow any pms to be sent to you!

to remove in bulk - when viewing "my conversations" pages there is a tick box at the top of the page (right hand size) which will help speed up removal

tick it and all boxes on that page will be ticked - then choose "delete" at the bottom

to archive - view the conversation and at the bottom there is a link "Archive Conversation" which will email you the conversation - a one click affair

first stage is a limit of 1000 for mint and similar for mint minus will be put in place on monday

cheers

mike

Social source share

to remove - when viewing "my conversations" there is a tick box which will help speed up removal - tick it and then choose "delete" at the bottom

should have read

have edited earlier posts

Social source share

yep 100 a page
200 is the eventual aim
it is the number of converstaion so it does include replies etc
as said doing it in stages
first main thrust at moment is the 1000 limit
as we take it down at each stage if concern/issues etc come up then can look at them when they arise
if any now or in future best bet be to post them up in the other feedback thread

Social source share

there's a post in feedback about this

cheers

mike

just a reminder that this will come in effect today...

Social source share

just pruned mine mike,blimey its a shock sometimes when you read some of the really old ones ! pms about records i bought and forgot i bought em in the first place ! because of this i bought some of them twice, anyway think i got it down to 1 page now

jason

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!