Tesco Soul

sepia

was just in tescos dundee.

sure i was hearing soul music from somewhere.

there was a small stereo on a shelf belting out falcons/im a fool i must love you,wade flemons/that other place & then accents/better think again.

the 1st 2 tunes are on common-ish cd compelations,but un'usual to hear accents in the mainstream shopping centre,lol.

cheered my day,up after arguing with the plumber to fix water pouring out of overflow after he put in new bathroom & nae fixing it.

steve.

Edited by sepia
Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

I went for a pub meal with some relatives a couple of weeks ago near Nottingham. General crap middle of the road background music when all of a sudden Bobby Treetop "Wait Till I get To Know Ya" comes on, nearly choked on me scampi -- then it was back to Tony Bennet, Dean Martin etc.

All very odd :huh:

Social source share

my tesco just belts out new dance shite

That at Wath Dave ?

When I go in , I am usually on auto pilot and oblivious to any programmed muzakal tripe .

Malc

Social source share

There's an upscale grocery store in St. Paul that must have a manager that likes soul music at a nice loud level, as I've strolled in and heard My Girl, Martha Reeves and The Vandellas and tons of cool soul stuff as I'm grabbing a gallon of milk. I've wanted to let the manager know I'm impressed with his choices!

Social source share

The shopping centre under where I work in Hull has Ann Sexton - You've been Gone Too Long, and Bobby Sheen - Something New To Do along with a few nice 70s things on the tape loop it uses the most, nearly died of shock 1st time i heard it, thought i'd still got the ipad plugged in to my ears!

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

heard Wayne Gibson "under my thumb" in Buildbase in Burton once it cheered me up as I'm very fond of that U.K number .Regards Simon.

Social source share

Guest spudmurphy

got in a lift the other day and most of the current beat ballads were played wouldnt of noticed but an old lady next to me said this music is shite isnt it and i had to agree

Social source share

A-1 diner outside of Grantham one Sunday morning and on comes Lee Garrett can't break the habit,

Asked the waiter and he said it's from a Dutch company and you buy 10,000 random tracks at a time, allsorts was played in short time I was there but nO more soul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!