Rotherham Transport Club Last Nght Of Soul,

THIS WAS THE LAST SOUL NIGHT AT THIS GREAT OLD CLUB
its due to close its doors next week
we would like to say a massive thanks to all that turned out for the last night
and hope you enjoyed a night of northern soul music,
thanks for your support,
9-10 spot mick clements , what a great spot you did matey you will go on to be a great dj, keep it back2basics, you did great,,
10-11 spot brinny mick,, thanks for the cabbage, tomatoes, lettuce ect'' thrown on the stage, turned them into coleslaw today, L.O.L. NO, BUT THANKS ALL,
11-12 spot jarvo, well as usual just a great dj and finished the night off with the dancefloor full again,,
if we could have gone past 12 we would have
HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT THE OUTO KUMPU fri 26TH AUGUST 8 TIL LATE,,,,
KEEPING THE FAITH
MICK & PHILL

Edited by mike
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

A massive thank you to all the good soulies who turned out for the last night at RTC on Friday. Good attendance, receptive people. A big thanks to Jarvo and Mick Lait for letting me do the "warm up", I had to follow Jarvo who cut into some great 70's stuff before I went on, how hard I thought to follow his set, I played it safe and opened with Tami Lynn (an old transport club favourite) and then I did actually manage to get some of the stylish dancers onto the floor with Tommy Neal. Mick followed me and he was awesome as usual, ending up with Jarvo and his mindblowing soulful set - looks like this might be the last night at RTC and for Outokompo at the end of the month.....BUT the lads will be back. we're sure that another venue will be found...."Back2 Basics" is an ethos, a mindset, a flavour that keeps all the soulies "fresh" ensuring they have had a good time, (above all) a positive attitude, and go home smiling and happy. The friends that came with me loved it! And nice to see Stuart And Kathryn, Lorraine and everyone else!

Meself.....I'm just so glad to have your support, a crackin' week-end of quality soul- I think I'm at the wonderful Horse & Groom tomorrow (if they'll have me!)

ATB and Keep The Faith (Back2Basics)!

Mickey

post-18185-0-88639700-1312674902_thumb.j

post-18185-0-39820400-1312674935_thumb.j

post-18185-0-14331500-1312674969_thumb.j

post-18185-0-97679400-1312675003_thumb.j

post-18185-0-96951100-1312675045_thumb.j

Edited by Guest

thanks mick for the feedback, i think two more months and we would have had the soul club back to how it used to be.

but like all clubs no young'uns are making themselfs members anymore,

like we was saying, as soon as you got to your 18th b'day your dad made you a member of the club,

and it was that membership that kept clubs going,

but now it seems young'uns make them selfs a members of bargin booze shop first,

anyway enough of that.

thanks for a great spot, and to get people dancing at that time is be'ing a good dj, and you did it, which made it better for me,

cos' you got them in the mood,

so here's to our next outo kumpu, the last night here for us as well,,, still not sure what R.U.F.C are doing with the club house as yet? but never mind ,,keep the faith all of you, and all the best mick lait,,,,it just keeps on burning,,,

Aye Mick some great points you make there re: the situation at moment, everytime I see young 'uns in enjoying themselves at a soul "do" I pray they will come back, loads of good do's about as long as we all keep positive thats the main thing!

See thee at Outokompo mate!

Mick