• Replies 5
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest trickbag

A local release on the Meridian label, Rap, by Paul's first group, the Six Soul Survivors (no connection with the "Expressway to Your Heart" act of the same era). Paul wrote both tracks, which were produced by his colleague, George Soule. If anyone can supply MP3s of these tracks, I'd be very grateful.

I Gotta Find A Way / It's Over My Head (Rap R105)

not sure if youv seen this phil.

ricky.

sixsoulsurvivors.jpeg

soulsurvb.jpeg

Social source share

• 1 month later...

One sold on ebay a couple of yers ago for like $175.00. I grew up with and went to high school with all of the guys in the band and did not realize the record ever had a picture sleeve! The last time I saw Paul Davis was at a party when I was in college around 1969 and they had become the Endless Chain.

When I figure put how to upload photos I will share a scan of George Soule's first record (since he is mentioned in this post)...It is on the Bo label.....he and his band were in high school and this would have been around 1959....They were called Little George and the Rockin' Impallas of some variation thereof. George was the singer, chris Etheridge playd lead (i think), David Hughley on bass, Lawrence Sanderson on piano (a miked upright) and Kelly Royal on drums. They were outstanding.

Ken

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!