Rock Reunion At The Ark, Higham, Northants

Following on from the great original thread for this night, just thought I'd be first to say what a top night this was. Lots of great tunes and a good 150+ people with dance floor busy (and hot!) from just after 9pm, right through to the classic Mecca ending instrumental sound of Young Holt Unlimited - California Montage. :thumbsup:

Great to hear / learn what was played at the original Rushden "Rock" nights back in the mid to late 70's and to see some of the original DJ's / punters of those nights playing what they recall was enjoyed back then...a fair few of which are still regularly heard out and about but plenty that just don't get played (sadly!).

Be great if the DJ's on the night could list what they played...and thanks again...was an honour to be asked to warm the kit up for the first hour and play a couple of dozen records which I thought might have been played back then (when I was just starting school :D ).

I attempt to add a couple of photos below, and I apologise now Phil / Tank that I didn't get one of the two of you, as I forgot I'd got my camera with me until you'd finished your 8.30 to 9.30 double decking spot! Anyone else get one?

All the best and well done all! Steve :hatsoff2:

post-22645-0-93826700-1312648248_thumb.j

post-22645-0-33488700-1312648297_thumb.j

• Replies 5
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Good account Steve but you're very modest mate. Those who chose to turn up fashionably late missed your superb set - great taste and programming. Done those graveyard shifts many a time myself but an empty floor doesn't mean099 people aren't paying attention.

Being a reunion it was always going to be a bit same old stuff but I think all the jocks did a good job reviving the Rocks era. Great to see Tony P behind the decks again and for the finale Andy was clearly pulling Johns strings!!!

Best Tank

Thanks Tank....Much appreciated and great to meet you at last! Good fun playing records outside the house and hearing them how they're meant to be heard, on a BIG system. Early spot's the best one I reckon...play what you like! :yes:...but don't waste any that would be better played later on by someone else.

Great to see John making the most of his night with all his old pals, but I don't envy him having to do it all again tonight!

All the best.

PS..Feel free to list what you and Phil played, as lots not heard for a good while by many I'm sure (plenty I didn't know, so always good to learn more). :wink:

Following on from the great original thread for this night, just thought I'd be first to say what a top night this was. Lots of great tunes and a good 150+ people with dance floor busy (and hot!) from just after 9pm, right through to the classic Mecca ending instrumental sound of Young Holt Unlimited - California Montage. :thumbsup:

Great to hear / learn what was played at the original Rushden "Rock" nights back in the mid to late 70's and to see some of the original DJ's / punters of those nights playing what they recall was enjoyed back then...a fair few of which are still regularly heard out and about but plenty that just don't get played (sadly!).

Be great if the DJ's on the night could list what they played...and thanks again...was an honour to be asked to warm the kit up for the first hour and play a couple of dozen records which I thought might have been played back then (when I was just starting school :D ).

I attempt to add a couple of photos below, and I apologise now Phil / Tank that I didn't get one of the two of you, as I forgot I'd got my camera with me until you'd finished your 8.30 to 9.30 double decking spot! Anyone else get one?

All the best and well done all! Steve :hatsoff2:

post-22645-0-93826700-1312648248_thumb.j

post-22645-0-33488700-1312648297_thumb.j

Steve, think you have summed the night up well mate , its always a bit of an unknown quantity when organising this kind of night but any fears we had about folks turning up were quickly quelled, thought the turn out was excellent just over 150 officially plus djs friends,freebies and the odd few that may have sneeked in. Atmosphere was tops! and was great to see many faces from the past...wore me out chatting and reminiscing.

Think the general consensus was that the music was spot on! Yes many classics that featured at the "Rock" but was nice to hear yourself Phil, Tank and Tony throwing in some lesser known stuff that was in the spirit of the night. I really enjoyed myself double decking with Karl, who I thought was on top form.He also made the comment of night, whilst we were sharing the decks He looked across at me grinning and said "This is brilliant Jem" simple I know but summed it up for me as well.

Thought Johnny and Andy finished the night off fantastically was nice to see them teaming up. Andy you made some inspired choices mate! and John's infectous style ! really got the floor buzzing and I know He had a good night cos I phoned Him the next morning at 10.30 and He was still asleep .......must be delayed jet lag mate ?

:P

All in all a great night.... think we may do it again sometime....Many thanks to all that attended, All the djs, Julia , Shane and Steve Brown for all the hard work on the door and behind the scenes

Apart from being the doorman for the 1st hour it was great to view the night from the other side of the decks for a change. In a time where Nights are struggling with numbers it was refreshing to see the place rammed. It was a hot night and because of that there were always people milling around outside chatting and taking the air. Everyone had a smile on their face and the atmosphere fantastic. I can confirm that all in all there was around 180 on the night.

I was privileged to listen to Steve playing the first hour with some lovely mid tempo followed by a mainly 70's set from Tank and Phil. After that the dance floor exploded as Karl and Jem double decked for an hour with a set as good as I have heard for a long time. Then Tony Parker, the tunes just kept on coming! Just when I thought I couldn't dance any more the Rock Promoters came on and finished off with a fantastic set that sent us all home very happy indeed.

Well done!!!

Guest boddington

Steve, think you have summed the night up well mate , its always a bit of an unknown quantity when organising this kind of night but any fears we had about folks turning up were quickly quelled, thought the turn out was excellent just over 150 officially plus djs friends,freebies and the odd few that may have sneeked in. Atmosphere was tops! and was great to see many faces from the past...wore me out chatting and reminiscing.

Think the general consensus was that the music was spot on! Yes many classics that featured at the "Rock" but was nice to hear yourself Phil, Tank and Tony throwing in some lesser known stuff that was in the spirit of the night. I really enjoyed myself double decking with Karl, who I thought was on top form.He also made the comment of night, whilst we were sharing the decks He looked across at me grinning and said "This is brilliant Jem" simple I know but summed it up for me as well.

Thought Johnny and Andy finished the night off fantastically was nice to see them teaming up. Andy you made some inspired choices mate! and John's infectous style ! really got the floor buzzing and I know He had a good night cos I phoned Him the next morning at 10.30 and He was still asleep .......must be delayed jet lag mate ?

:P

All in all a great night.... think we may do it again sometime....Many thanks to all that attended, All the djs, Julia , Shane and Steve Brown for all the hard work on the door and behind the scenes

Absolutely a brilliant night .

It was lovely to be part of the Rock Reunion Dj's ,playing some of the records from the Blackpool Mecca era . I'd just like to thank Steve, Jem , Johnny Warren and Andy Luck for asking me to Dj on such a fantastic evening of soul music and also to catch up with Tony Parker, Tank and Phil Attley

All the Dj's played some excellent music :thumbsup:

Karl :D