Fist Full Of Soul ,wolverhampton

Guest kerby

Guest kerby

Well i,m knackered after last nights fist full of soul . what a night we had . thanks as allways for all the support . Big respect to mac who stepped in to cover big al and to sean hayden who delivered what he said he would . both cracking sets . and to the residents who read the room to keep the dance floor buzzin . Next month sees kings hall resident Mr Nige brown making a visit to broad lane . come and join us and don,t forget your dancin shoes . my photo,s will be posted later on here and on facebook .

martin(kerby)preston

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Great night mate, really enjoyed it and so did Kev. Brill mix of sounds from all the DJs I heard and nice big (and busy!) dancefloor to shuffle around on :). Will def get myself down for it more often, you and Helen have got it spot on.....proper dance tunes all night from classy classics/forgotten gems/rare uns and cheapies all mixed up with some current 'big niter spins' just the way it should be. GREAT STUFF :)

Thanks for your comments Adam really appreciatte that :) so pleased you & Kev enjoyed it,infact I think its safe for me to say that everyone enjoyed it,A BIG THANKYOU to you & everyone for the support. :)

And I would also like to give BIG THANKS to our special guest of the evening Sean Haydon,who played an absolute stormer of a set and to Mac who stepped in for Big Al and played a superb 1st hour for us. :)

I'm very pleased to say that It was our buisiest night so far this year and with your continued support it will just go from strength to strength!!So THANKS once again EVERYONE!! :)

Next Fist Full Of Soul is Saturday September 3rd and our special guest is Mr Nige Brown. :)

JB xxxKTFxxx

Was SO looking forward to this.... gutted we never actually got there.. problems at home/with transport Sorry we missed it sounds like it was brilliant night as usual, definately going to make the next one!

Was SO looking forward to this.... gutted we never actually got there.. problems at home/with transport Sorry we missed it sounds like it was brilliant night as usual, definately going to make the next one!

Its a shame you couldn't make it,there's always another time will be good to see you again!! :)

JB xxxKTFxxx

Been off line for a while thanks BT !

Got the connection back just in time to post my thoughts on Fistful of Soul - and what a night it turned out to be ! :rofl:

With Big Al flying the flag in Kettering fulflling a booking taken before we finalised dates for Broad Lane, it was a Fistful debut for Mac (should we call him BIG Mac ?) - a staunch supporter of Broad Lane, he knew exactly how to start the atmosphere building with a great selection spanning all gendres and setting the scene for an awesome evening.

Jellybean took over, and turned the heat up even more, room buzzing and temperature rising, She put together a superb set as always - filling the floor and keeping the atmosphere at top notch.

I filled the gap until the special guest came on stage, Sean Haydon bringing his Burnley style to his home turf with a taste of his nighter and stunning tunes, sparking even more dance floor action and great to see him enjoying himself in a rare West Midlands appearance. :thumbup:

Martin had the un-enviable task of ending the evening, but he took on the challenge wonderfully - ramming the floor so much that he over ran by 15 minutes - and almost had to be dragged off the stage :P:wicked:

Adam summed it up well, Fistful of Soul works because everyone - customers and promoters alike - share a passion for our music and those soulies are the ones that create that party atmosphere - thank you all :hatsoff2:

Special mention to the bar staff, Kate Paula and Colin who worked their socks off all night and didn't bat an eyelid when the floor was still packed well past closing time - thanks to Annie Gemma and Tom who sorted the door through the night

Even bigger thanks to the customers - you make the night what it is

Keep on keeping on :wave:

Wulfie

• Helpful 1
Guest Sean Haydon

Sorry for the slow reply but just to say a great big thank you To Helen, Martin, Dave and anyone else involved in the running and promotion of this increasingly popular night. It was a pleasure to play some tunes locally, maybe not to everyone's taste but the idea was to let people experience something a little different to the usual boring overplayed oldies that's so common in the midlands area these days :facepalm: (note, new smiley).

Really good to see so many friends and soul family in attendance, with many saying what a great place, music and atmosphere and that they will be returning in the near future.

A fantastic night and long may it continue, hats off to you guys :hatsoff2:

Looking forward to the next one and hearing Nige Browns wonderful tunes, i'm sure he won't disappoint.

See you soon, Sean