Glory Fleeting - Updated 2004 Demo On Soundcloud

Guest Carl Dixon

Guest Carl Dixon

Updated demo of 'Glory Fleeting' available to listen to on Soundcloud. The Spyder Turner version will be released soon, once I get some artwork and my act together! I may even release this once I tidy the demo up a little. Yes, that is real bass, guitar and various saxes played by George Katsakis of The Royaltones fame, who is from Detroit.

https://soundcloud.com/55motown/glory-fleeting-demo-version

Here is the Soundcloud blurb:

This Ric Tic/Motown soundalike is the updated 2004 demo which I took to Detroit in 2008 and cut with royalty Dennis Coffey, Uriel Jones, Bob Babbit, Ray Monette etc and arranged by legend David J. Van De Pitte from this demo. Spyder Turner was on lead vocal and Pree and Spyder's daughter Gayle Butts provided backing vocals. Here are a few clips from the studio session where you can see Spyder laying the vocal track down etc along with the other 3 songs we cut.

Remember this is the demo of that track and features no vocal. However, I am seriously thinking of releasing the demo and Spyders version soon. The powerful lyrics need to be heard! So any retro soul DJ's who hear this, comments please and if it is the type of production you would consider for your programming, let me know. The song is registered, but would need an ISRC allocation before airplay etc.

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted Images

Guest Carl Dixon

I have put a reasonable bandwidth for sale here if anybody is interested. Somebody has suggested they would buy it, if on vinyl which is positive. However, I do not think I will be pressing up in the near future. Too much investment and frankly, I still have loads of Spyders/Pree's 45's left...so maybe when I see a few of those go etc...Anyway....

https://store.payloadz.com/go?id=959881

It's a strange site, which I used as an experiment for my sales aggregation etc for my Detroit stuff in 2009.

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Here is the Payloadz blurb, when it finally uploads:

'Glory Fleeting', the updated 2004 version of a retro soul instrumental which was taken to Detroit March 2008 for recording. Spyder Turners vocal version is soon to be released featuring some original Funk Brothers and other notable session musicians from the city. However, this demo version (with slightly different horns) is what arranger David J. Van De Pitte used to create the studio recording in Studio 'A'/Dearborn Heights in 2008. The musical theme for this composition was Detroit/Ric Tic in style, circa 1966. The various sax elements were provided by The Royaltones founder, George Katsakis and were added to the demo multitrack circa 2006/7. Ironically in 2004 I envisaged the likes of Dennis Coffey, Uriel Jones and Bob Babbit playing on the track in the 60's and in 2008, they did!

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

I just put the price down to 79p. I got confused with 99cents etc..

Thanks to those who indulged.....I owe you 20p!

Social source share

• 1 year later...
Guest Carl Dixon

I am delighted to advise that the 2008 studio recording of 'Glory Fleeting' by Spyder Turner will soon be for sale on iTunes, Amazon and other digital services plus the very new streaming solutions which seem to popular these days. I have removed the demo from Payloadz (mentioned above) as I am releasing the studio instrumental and various demo versions along with Spyders vocal version. More news when available and I can maybe link to a presser or something. The demo version is still on youtube - just search 'Glory fleeting'.

post-5993-0-49160800-1349715335.jpg

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Finally, for sale, legend Spyder Turner singing 'Glory Fleeting', recorded in Detroit March, 2008. Vocal, Instrumental and 6 instrumental demos (for a laugh) recorded in London around 2004+. I say 2004 as 95% of the work was done around 2004/5 but a few recent tweaks to sort of make them a little easier on the ears ha ha. Here is the link to CD Baby. Other stores will follow a little cheaper, along with the streaming options..

.https://www.cdbaby.co.../spyderturner22

post-5993-0-77294300-1349891937.jpg

post-5993-0-77294300-1349891937.jpg

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Listen to the full version of 'Glory Fleeting' by the fabulous Spyder Turner on Youtube. All sales make a percentage donation to 'The Poppy Factory' here in Richmond/London as well as a performance royalty for Spyder.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Carl Dixon

Thanks for the feedback on the track. Much appreciated. And,..... roll on next January when Spyder will be performing at the Soulham gig!

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!