Pilsley Soul 6Th August

Well after last months strange night when it seemed like hard work for all the DJ's all I can say is -

Wow what a night at Pilsley, good numbers through the door, some great tunes played, a real across the board selection, what a great spot from our guest Pat Wallace, playing just what we like at Pilsley something for everyone, thanks Pat (don't let Moldie have that tune back)

Well done also to the two Daves who kicked the night off and good to see them so well supported, Alan Rigby & Andy Barker kept the night going with a full dance floor for most of the night......top night all round.

Barry & Pam

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

And not forgetting Barry rounding it all off in his usual varied style. Some tremendous tunes played throughout the night and whilst the variety was there to suit all types it was nice to see people not leaving the dance floor when the styles changed. It has now become a venue that attracts an appreciative and knowledgeable crowd which in itself creates a great atmosphere. Double celebration for me what with the lads winning and then topped off with a quality soul night you just can't beat it. All jocks did it the way it should be, playing quality from totally across the board. Special thanks to Pat for providing a couple I'd not heard before and keeping with the Pilsley tradition he did a great spot. Paul & Ann

Well after last months strange night when it seemed like hard work for all the DJ's all I can say is -

Wow what a night at Pilsley, good numbers through the door, some great tunes played, a real across the board selection, what a great spot from our guest Pat Wallace, playing just what we like at Pilsley something for everyone, thanks Pat (don't let Moldie have that tune back)

Well done also to the two Daves who kicked the night off and good to see them so well supported, Alan Rigby & Andy Barker kept the night going with a full dance floor for most of the night......top night all round.

Barry & Pam

I DONT WANT IT BACK LOLOLOL....i cant afford it now its got floor filling powers

glad you had a great night barry

regards moldie

And not forgetting Barry rounding it all off in his usual varied style

HE DOES IT SO WELL

. Some tremendous tunes played throughout the night and whilst the variety was there to suit all types it was nice to see people not leaving the dance floor when the styles changed

THATS WHATS GREAT ABOUT PILSLEY....OPEN MINDED CROWD...NOT SET IN THERE WAYS

. It has now become a venue that attracts an appreciative and knowledgeable crowd which in itself creates a great atmosphere.

HERE HERE

. All jocks did it the way it should be, playing quality from totally across the board

ITS WHAT MAKES PILSLEY THE SUCCESS IT IS

. Special thanks to Pat for providing a couple I'd not heard before and keeping with the Pilsley tradition he did a great spot.

ITS WHAT HE ALWAYS DOES AT SONIC SOUL

Paul & Ann

REGARDS MOLDIE

And not forgetting Barry rounding it all off in his usual varied style. Some tremendous tunes played throughout the night and whilst the variety was there to suit all types it was nice to see people not leaving the dance floor when the styles changed. It has now become a venue that attracts an appreciative and knowledgeable crowd which in itself creates a great atmosphere. Double celebration for me what with the lads winning and then topped off with a quality soul night you just can't beat it. All jocks did it the way it should be, playing quality from totally across the board. Special thanks to Pat for providing a couple I'd not heard before and keeping with the Pilsley tradition he did a great spot. Paul & Ann

Thanks for the kind words Paul. We all had a great time. Brilliant venue and people who know their music and wanting to dance. Sorry we did not get to talk but next time I will search you out and say hello.

When I get the chance I will post a playlist in the playlist section.

Pilsley, top venue and well worth a visit!!!!

Pat

Have to agree with everything said about this night, the only down side was having to sit it out due to a strained achilles tendon. The great set from Pat only adding to the agony of having to remain seated!!!!

The 'Two Daves' only managed to catch half of the set but from what i heard I hope they are to be a permanent fixture/or at least return very soon, Barry?

This night works brilliantly as it is, everyone enjoying the tunes from all years and styles of soul music. A true gem of a night.

Karl

Guest LEICSSOULIES

Hi Barry and Pam

After a good win for the City !! :thumbsup:

Another superb night at Pilsley, some great sets from all the Djs, like Paul couple id not heard from Pats set, which is always good to hear new tunes, and they were duly jotted down on the blackberry, will most certainly make the effort now to visit Sonic Soul, been on the to do list for a while just need to free up a Friday night. Legs Still aching, so always a good sign I danced toooooo much.

See ya soon

Ali (aka hinge) and Clint x

Hi Barry and Pam

After a good win for the City !! :thumbsup:

Another superb night at Pilsley, some great sets from all the Djs, like Paul couple id not heard from Pats set, which is always good to hear new tunes, and they were duly jotted down on the blackberry, will most certainly make the effort now to visit Sonic Soul, been on the to do list for a while just need to free up a Friday night. Legs Still aching, so always a good sign I danced toooooo much.

See ya soon

Ali (aka hinge) and Clint x

Thanks Ali it was a great night, sorry didn't get chance to talk much, nothing to do with your rich club winning honest! looks like I'll have to get used to that, always good to see you guys, can't believe how "Tribute" went down which Pat played, must dig it out for future nights :yes:

Hope to have some news on Pam 60th date change soon.

Barry & Pam

Barry & Pam

Well, what a great night Barry. Great atmosphere all night from start to finish.

Nice to meet Pat and listen to the great sounds he played. In the words of the Mama Cass Eliot "It's getting better, growing stronger"

....and well done to the Double "D"s at the start. Great stuff.

Andy & Jo

....and well done to the Double "D"s at the start. Great stuff.

Andy & Jo

hi andy

whose DOUBLE D,s are you on about?...the girls from crumpet corner?

regards moldie

well what a fantastic night from start to finish. went early for double d,s did not dissapoint and have put a note in my diary to visit worksop soul at the swan ! top spot from pat wallace , thanks to al for the jackie lee track , thought andys spot was brilliant and barry kept it rocking till the late hours. just keep doing what your doing guys for me the best soul night around . :thumbup: