Leeds Central Alldayer

What a brilliant day yet again.

Everything as it always was, top atmosphere, tunes, DJs, crowd, venue.

Everyone said that it went brilliant even though we were in competition with 'Gay pride day' :no:

Thank you all so much for coming and making it what it was, without you? Well, you know!

Oh! Forgot, faces keep turning up not seen for 30 odd years, and this time the brilliant

Keith Atkinson (Central DJ 70s) was there. Fantastic to see him there and all the original

and new Central Posse.

See you all at the next one, and hopefully @

'The Happening' Leeds Irish Centre Friday August 26th

with Keith Minshull, John & Alex Simms and more.

Edited by Hans Soulo
  • Helpful 1
  • Replies 14
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Couldn't agree more, another great session with a great crowd and atmosphere, fantastic to see so many original Central members there but also good to see new faces as well. Magic.

HI CHRIS,

What was the attendance like?

Hopefully it was packed and if so that Luigi may pay me for the Garnet Mimms he "bought from me over ten weeks ago".

He should still be able to afford it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :g: :g: :g::yes: :yes: :yes:

ROY

Edited by SOULCENTRAL
Guest Leonardo

HI CHRIS,

What was the attendance like?

Hopefully it was packed and if so that snake Luigi may pay me for the Garnet Mimms he "bought from me over ten weeks ago".

He should still be able to afford it with the increase in the admission charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :g: :g: :g::yes: :yes: :yes:

ROY

Don't know this bloke 'Luigi' but don't like the sound of him much if he don't pay for his records, also heard that the DJs ain't gettin' paid either.

If the spiel om here is anything to go by 200+ punters @ £5 a time you'd think he could afford to pay the DJs....wouldn't you?

Don't know this bloke 'Luigi' but don't like the sound of him much if he don't pay for his records, also heard that the DJs ain't gettin' paid either.

If the spiel om here is anything to go by 200+ punters @ £5 a time you'd think he could afford to pay the DJs....wouldn't you?

Actually, I think that you'll find that first of all I paid Roy for the Garnet Mimms by way of him coming in free at the last event on HIS request as payment, was supposed to be 2 in, but Roy arrived on his own, so that means I only owe him £4 which I will gladly pay him the next time I see him.

Secondly, All the DJs got paid except for Rick who went when I was DJing, I paid the DJs after the event and Rick had gone, this is being sorted out as we speak.

Not nice spreading nasty rumours and made up figures, there weren't 200 in either.

Thank you

Steve Luigi

Edited by Hans Soulo

HI STEVE,

I think you are suffering from selective memory loss or alzheimers.

The deal was £15 for the record. I then said to you that i would take a ticket for the Central and showed you me membership card and just to give me a tenner. You had no tickets at the time so you put my name down on the guest list. I asked you to put down for two in case the wife wanted to come.As it turned out i went on my own.

The bottom line is you have made no attempt to pay me. :wicked: :wicked: :wicked: .

As for the dj's not being paid, its not my business to pass judjment or comment but i know the truth and it would not suprise me if it turns out to be fact.

We go back a long way Steve, do the right thing and send the payment!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes: :yes:

ROY

Sent you a message Roy, thought you'd have been there on Sunday mate?

Sent you a message Roy, thought you'd have been there on Sunday mate?

STEVE,

Thanks for your pm and the explanation contained within and i consider the matter resolved. Once again apologies for airing this issue on the Central event thread.

Many people have said that the event was great and the atmosphere and music was superb.So proof that forty years on and things have not changed much. As good now as it was then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROY

STEVE,

Thanks for your pm and the explanation contained within and i consider the matter resolved. Once again apologies for airing this issue on the Central event thread.

Many people have said that the event was great and the atmosphere and music was superb.So proof that forty years on and things have not changed much. As good now as it was then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROY

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest topcatnumpty1

Great Day----really enjoyed the Gay Pride march and market---Swish got chatted up----- nice to see Kev Jonno,Peter and Patsy,Mr Dillon Trevor L . ET al, when is the next one Steve? make it Nov 13 th --my birthday and the day after Just Soul at Retford!!

BTW --Pete --Crying Time and Nicky James sounded great as well as Mr Rowans version of --"You,ve lost that lovin feeling"

Best

T.C and Rani

Cheers TC, yes Crying Time-Brenda Holloway & Nicky James went down well and sounded great.

Think Twink played the Gladys Knight-'Youve Lost That Loving Feeling' mate.That also was well received. But they were both up there so could have been Paul... Just shows you, I played it at Walton 6 months ago and cleared the floor FFS. !!

Not sure when next one is but will speak to you soon mate. Cheers.

Guest Target10

First time at the central since mid 70's. What a fantastic event! even though the bar had moved. Went on my own cos my missus couldnt go. I was a bit apprehensive after so many years but needn't have worried. The people were exactly how I remembered them - went out of their way to make you feel welcome - fantastic! Very emotional on the day cos so many memories. Thanks to all who took the trouble to organize the event and I look forward to more in the future. Also met a great crowd from Halifax - really nice people.

Thank you for your comments target10, glad you plucked up the courage to attend and enjoyed it when you did.

It's hard to explain the atmosphere and the venue to folk that either didn't go or haven't been, it's easy to over blag

an event, but as you saw and felt, no blag needed.

The place is just as it was back in the day, nothing has changed apart from a few things have been moved around, but the atmosphere, the folk, the music hasn't changed one bit, and as far as everyone that attended are concerned, that's a good thing.

Went down today to chat to the management, and they are in the middle of laying a brand new sprung dance floor,

so even better for the next event.

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Edited by Hans Soulo
  • 3 weeks later...