Soul Or Nothing And Barefootin.. Manchester... 3Rd Sept.. Dave Thorley, Matt Fox

Thanks to all who came along to the last event.. We are moving in the right direction and seeing the new club come together... Back again in September with a very special event.. I am sure Dave Thorley needs no introduction, look forward to his 1st ever visit behind the decks on one of our events, we also feature that dashing young rare soul dj from Germany, Matt Fox, along with my Adam Leaver, my 1st resident when soul or nothing started back in 2004.. One more guest to confirm... Hope to see a few new faces along to our little take on all things soul.. We have a couple of double rooms available, on suite too for any folk wanting to stay over, drop us a line asap and we can sort that out..Thanks to Willie, Geese, Jez and the others off here for support so far and always looking to keep things fresh with a selection of collector/ djs from the uk and beyond.

Soul Or Nothing and Barefootin presents.....

Different Strokes-

2 rooms of music....

Underplayed 60s/ 70s Northern, Rhythm and soul, Crossover, Deep funk, Ghetto grooves, Big city ballads, Latin, 6Ts RnB & Jamaican soul...

DJs-

Residents-

Steve Cato,

Matty Hill,

Richy Penrith,

Guest djs..

Dave Thorley

Adam Leaver

Matt Fox... ( Germany )

Classy B, ( ska, reggae set )

Geese....

Upstairs at the Old Nags Head

Entrance on Jacksons Row/ Lloyd St off Deansgate Manchester..

Saturday 3rd September....8pm to 2am.. £5 before 10pm £6 after..

Small sales table with portable for record dealer, please contact us if you want the pitch.

Double rooms available also for guests/ djs to stay over.. if you want to stay then drop me a pm.....

drinks promotion on selected beers and spirits...

limited free parking on the street outside or ncp car park/ 10 mins walk..

Edited by little-stevie
  • Replies 15
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Classy B added to the event to bring a dash of ska/ reggae in Barefootin room along with that man Geese...

All the line up sorted now and double rooms all taken..

For any info on alternate places for a stay over then drop us a line....

Please note that a selection of the Different Strokes djs will also be playing at the vintage market Sunday, 12 to 5pm, @ The Bay Horse, Thomaas St, Northern Qtr.. Free entry.. For more details just drop us a line or find the it on facebook, search 100 volts of vintage...

Plenty going on to spend a weekend with us....

Looking for djs for 2012, drop us a line if interested..

As i said above, all rooms taken at the nags but still some good deals on local hotels/ BnBs...

Also got some good stuff lined up for October and November.. Plus a New Years eve special....

Cheers....

I keep offering to bring my deep disco collection...but you never take me up on my offer for some reason...

Will try and get over :yes:

HOPE YA BOTH HAD A TOP WEEKEND 'FIGHTIN ON THE BEACH' .. FROM DAY 1 WE'VE SUPPORTED YA SO WHY SHOULD THIS NIGHT BE ANY DIFFERENT !

GET YOUR ARSES DOWN HERE ............. GET YER HEADS IN GEAR............ & SHAKE YER GROOVE THANG BROTHERS & SISTERS....................... 'TOP- DOG' & THE FOX V THE GEESE ..............GONNA BE SOME TAIL-FEATHERS FLYING .........SO LET'S CY'ALL SHAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SAID 'SHAAKE' !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEARSOUL

HOPE YA BOTH HAD A TOP WEEKEND 'FIGHTIN ON THE BEACH' .. FROM DAY 1 WE'VE SUPPORTED YA SO WHY SHOULD THIS NIGHT BE ANY DIFFERENT !

GET YOUR ARSES DOWN HERE ............. GET YER HEADS IN GEAR............ & SHAKE YER GROOVE THANG BROTHERS & SISTERS....................... 'TOP- DOG' & THE FOX V THE GEESE ..............GONNA BE SOME TAIL-FEATHERS FLYING .........SO LET'S CY'ALL SHAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SAID 'SHAAKE' !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEARSOUL

Crumbs the'll tear me apart, feathers everywhere! :rofl: !

Had a few questions now in messages, let me say again.. This is a 2 room event, we always aim to feature a cross selection of sounds and styles... Room one starts from 8pm, we will open up room 2 at 9.30/ 10pm, depends on early numbers on the door.. All dj times will be posted on Friday for both rooms... Please drop us a message with anymore questions on parking/ hotels/ etc etc...

2 rooms of music....

Underplayed 60s/ 70s Northern, Rhythm and soul, Crossover, Deep funk, Ghetto grooves, Big city ballads, Latin, 6Ts RnB & Jamaican soul...

DJs-

Residents-

Steve Cato,

Matty Hill,

Richy Penrith,

Guest djs..

Dave Thorley

Adam Leaver

Matt Fox... ( Germany )

Dave Hulston

Geese

Caz (Classy B) Jamaican Soul set

My set will be a mix of funky soul, latin and Boogaloo + the old lesser spotted oldie and rarity thrown in for balance, whatever ever gets em up basiclly, but I know the crowd tends to be more open minded at this excellent event.

...hey up youth---dunna tell 'em--keep em in suspenders :lol: ....or even one piece bathing suits :wicked:

Seriously folks---cant make this one----so have a freakin stormin night as usual. . Will miss me 'fix' of sounds and social in city centre Manc. 2 great rooms of bangin music and a crowd to match.

I expect a full report Geese :g::wicked: --no big words please............. :rofl:

Last post from me, out all day... drop us a message with any questions, will check back around 5pm... Or give me a call for any directions etc..

dj times....

Soul Or Nothing room..

8pm... residents freestyle...

9.30.....Steve cato

10pm....Adam Leaver

10.30....Matt Fox

11.00....Dave Thorley

11.45.... Adam Leaver

12.15..... Matt Fox

1.00......Dave Thorley

1.30......Steve Cato

2pm. close....