Cream Cracker 6Th Anniversary

Guest Big Al 68

Guest Big Al 68

I knew it was going to be a 'Cracker' of a night when,upon arrival, I saw

'soul cake' Lee & a few other 'Jacob's' catching a breather outside the

entrance,sweating profusely after dancing their socks off. Not unusual,you

may think. Until you realise it was only 8.15, the doors being open for only 15

minutes & the dance floor already filling to Al Leighton's fantastic tunes !!

We were greeted at the door by Kev 'Poppa Smurf' Such & his owner,Karen, and given a free CD which was greatly appreciated,as my dining table no longer wobbles on uneven legs ! :wicked::ohmy: Into the function room, and you could

feel the party like atmosphere instantly! Familiar faces, handshakes and insults dished out & recieved, and on with the night! The old proverb " There are no strangers here,only friends not yet met" suits the Cracker perfectly.

In my view, the Dj's complimented each other perfectly, with Big Al Leighton's storming 1st set, followed by Tommy Taylor who kept the floor very busy, myself fumbling my way through it and Johnny 'Redpants' Waren

from Oz ( Australia, not one of Dorothy's friends).

But my personal highlights were Ted Massey's cheap stuff ( Ray Agee, Eddie Parker etc etc, you know what I mean !) & Nidge, a top bloke with top taste in tunes !

Kev 'don't do modern clothing' Such rounded the night off to a packed dance floor. All credit due to him, he has stuck to his scruples and it's paid off. :hatsoff2::thumbup: Booking a guest Dj can be a pain at the best of times, but

booking 5-6 for each event cannot be an enviable task, no wonder he looks the way he does ! :P

Thanks for a great night Kev & Karen, and thanks to an enthusiastic,

funny, mental & down right psychotic crowd for some of the most surreal

moments I've had in a while ! Roll on December 10th :thumbup:

Al ' don't do gardening' Shaw

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest smudgesmith

Glad everything went well.Passed my congratulations on to Kev privately,but will now do it publicly......CONGRATULATIONS Kev and well done once again.Pleased all DJ,s did the business especially my old mate Fred Massey lol.Not say any of the others did a lesser job.

Sorry I missed it,due to circumstances beyond my control. :thumbup:

Smudge

Edited by smudgesmith

Guest gordon russell

Glad everything went well.Passed my congratulations on to Kev privately,but will now do it publicly......CONGRATULATIONS Kev and well done once again.Pleased all DJ,s did the business especially my old mate Fred Massey lol.Not say any of the others did a lesser job.

Smudge

why don,t you just ask for a dj spot........be a lot easier :thumbsup:

why don,t you just ask for a dj spot........be a lot easier :thumbsup:

HE PLAYED THERE EARLIER IN THE YEAR AND DID A GREAT JOB AS HE ALWAYS DOES

WHERE DO YOU PLAY TERRY?...IN THE BATH DONT COUNT

MOLDIE

Guest kev such

As Mr Barnes said it was a "Real Humdinger" ( slightly biased I know)

Well thats the 6th Anniversary been and gone.

I was VERY apprehensive about Saturday, on account that we'd moved and this was only our second night at The Community Centre. needn't have worried though as the Anniversary CD's were gone by 9.40pm and people were still coming in at 11.15pm.

Al Leighton kindly stepped in to do the first spot after Kyp had to drop out due to a family matter.

The Dj's performed perfectly with each one keeping the Jacobs VERY busy. But then again in all honesty from the line up on offer what else could you possibly expect. The reason I try to have different DJ's on each time and have no residents is that this hopefully makes each Cream Cracker different from the last and gives the most varied array of 60's Northern and RnB possible, wether that be rare, obscure, forgotten, overplayed, underplayed etc.....

Really humbled to see the usual Jacobs who have supported the Cream Cracker from the start and so many new Jacobs too. Apologies if I didnt get to speak to everyone, as we do try to do, but in my defense the evening just went so blooming quick. Such a brilliant and lifting feeling to see the room still packed at 2am, marvellous.

A MASSIVE thankyou again for all who attended and entertained and hope you like the cd and the random 50 who got a little something extra.

Next Cream Cracker is the Charity Christmas one on the 10th of December when ALL takings are being given to a charity in memory Trev Butland ( the Management) . DJ's for the night will be Pete Watkins, Marky Mole, Andy Powell, Ian J, Pete Lyster, Nidge and Kev Such

Kind Regards and hope you went home " Cream Crackered"

Kev ( dont do modern ) Such and Karen

Edited by kev such
Guest kev such

Had a good night> Has anyone got any pics?

Will be some up on my Facebook page soon. My PC wont let me load them onto SS for some reason.

Kev

Guest al big n bouncy

Smudge

hi smudge

You missed a really good night on Saturday. people were still paying to come in at 11.30. I opened up the night as Kypp was unable to play and by half eight the place was jumping and it stayed that way all night with cracking sets from all the other DJ's but Kev still hasn't given me my compimentary CD - the sod ha ha! I look forward to playing with you at the anniversary cream cracker next year, but before that we are playing at Soulcake on October 22nd. See you soon

Big Al

hi smudge

You missed a really good night on Saturday. people were still paying to come in at 11.30. I opened up the night as Kypp was unable to play and by half eight the place was jumping and it stayed that way all night with cracking sets from all the other DJ's but Kev still hasn't given me my compimentary CD - the sod ha ha! I look forward to playing with you at the anniversary cream cracker next year, but before that we are playing at Soulcake on October 22nd. See you soon

Big Al

hi al

i hope your not gonna suffer from burnout before the isle of wight

regards moldie

Hi Kev & Karen ,

What a fab night was had by all .. The place was packed as was the dance floor all night ..

Cheap beer, good friends & great having the air con ..

Rob & Lynn thankyou for the pressie & card ( I'm saving it till Saturday!!) it was lovely to see you & I hope that you enjoyed it.

Kev & Karen can I just say thank you so much for letting me & Steve stay .. Kev your "Full Monty" has to be the finest we have experienced !! ..

I loved the Birthday cake , card & pressie ...I was very touched . Mwahh xxx

Sorry we were lightweights & nodded off on your sofa !!

Really looking forward to December .. Oh & especially May of course ..

I'm sure Steve will do his own lookback ..

Lots of love to you both

Claire xxx (& Steve ) xxx

Guest aaz19tdi

Just like to add to the above picture , through these photos being up on bookface for 24 hours , we have all been booked for soulboy2(you cant handle it) :rofl::lol:

As Mr Barnes said it was a "Real Humdinger" ( slightly biased I know)

Well thats the 6th Anniversary been and gone.

I was VERY apprehensive about Saturday, on account that we'd moved and this was only our second night at The Community Centre. needn't have worried though as the Anniversary CD's were gone by 9.40pm and people were still coming in at 11.15pm.

Al Leighton kindly stepped in to do the first spot after Kyp had to drop out due to a family matter.

The Dj's performed perfectly with each one keeping the Jacobs VERY busy. But then again in all honesty from the line up on offer what else could you possibly expect. The reason I try to have different DJ's on each time and have no residents is that this hopefully makes each Cream Cracker different from the last and gives the most varied array of 60's Northern and RnB possible, wether that be rare, obscure, forgotten, overplayed, underplayed etc.....

Really humbled to see the usual Jacobs who have supported the Cream Cracker from the start and so many new Jacobs too. Apologies if I didnt get to speak to everyone, as we do try to do, but in my defense the evening just went so blooming quick. Such a brilliant and lifting feeling to see the room still packed at 2am, marvellous.

A MASSIVE thankyou again for all who attended and entertained and hope you like the cd and the random 50 who got a little something extra.

Next Cream Cracker is the Charity Christmas one on the 10th of December when ALL takings are being given to a charity in memory Trev Butland ( the Management) .

Kind Regards and hope you went home " Cream Crackered"

Kev ( dont do modern ) Such and Karen

Well done Kev & Karen :thumbup:

Great night at your new venue, we know how much hard work you put into this and we are glad it payed off for you, great spots from all the DJs who kept the dance floor full all night :hatsoff2:

Kev & Gloria

Guest SteveJohnston

My first night at Cracker & it really was a pleasure to be in that room Saturday night.

I dropped Kev of at 7.00 ish then took the car back to Kevs house than myself & Claire travelled back with Karen around 8.15 ish & walked into a room that was near full! & overflowing with atmosphere, it was more like an all-nighter rather than a soul night vibe going on, All the DJ’s played tracks we all love but also tracks that we don’t normally get a chance to dance or just listen to, this mix made for a Cracker of a night imo so well done one and all.

It was brill to be out & about with my old mucker Rob with the lovley Lynn xx

I’m looking ahead to the December Christmas Cracker; I even started looking though my collection last night for tracks that I think would go down well in May!! You can’t beat a bit of forward planning :rolleyes:

Thanks from Claire & myself for the hospitality Karen & Kev, a very nice day & night spent with very nice people.

Steve J

Guest mandyjane

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Kev for a great evening and taking the time to come say hello to Kevin and myself .Had a lovely evening with great music ! Thanks again

Mandy

Edited by mandyjane

Well done, Kev and Karen!

We all had a great night from the big city of Banbury! What a great turn out - there must have been 200 in there. Not bad, for the summer holiday season .... Always hard when you move to a new venue, as we know, but spot on mate. :thumbup: Just took us over an hour to get there which was good. We really did have a great night. Catching up with old friends as well, which is always a bonus.

Nice Anniversary CD and Tax Disc holder for the car. (just got to get the car taxed to use it). :lol:

Catch up with you soon, somewhere I expect.

Charlie Mc

Guest gordon russell

Just like to add to the above picture , through these photos being up on bookface for 24 hours , we have all been booked for soulboy2(you cant handle it) :rofl::lol:

glad you had some fun...........are you the fella who fell asleep at lifeline?.........think you were :thumbsup:

Guest aaz19tdi

glad you had some fun...........are you the fella who fell asleep at lifeline?.........think you were :thumbsup:

No wrong again terry, you really must engage brain before opening mouth, your only making your self look daft with wrong info, you dont no me but just putting that will have people in stitches if they no me cuz iam first in last out mate.

Edited by aaz19tdi
  • Helpful 1
Guest rushden

Txs again for the spot really appreciated a great night and superb venue . Hope you have many more aniversarys mate and keep up the great work best John