Impossible Track To Identify?

Pete S

Asked about this before, not one response, here is an audio clip, it's only 30 seconds so should be ok as an MP3 I think, it is a vocal to the track that came out on UK Sue credited to The jaybirds and it's called The Right Kind. This is the only audio source I have of it and it's taken from the intro to a video called Triple X rated Trailers Of The 70's!

Sorry no mp3's of any kind on the forums, only place they are allowed is sales. No exceptions, once you allow one others follow, sorry. Hopefully refosoul will be up and running in the near future.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Asked about this before, not one response, here is an audio clip, it's only 30 seconds so should be ok as an MP3 I think, it is a vocal to the track that came out on UK Sue credited to The jaybirds and it's called The Right Kind. This is the only audio source I have of it and it's taken from the intro to a video called Triple X rated Trailers Of The 70's!

Sorry no mp3's of any kind on the forums, only place they are allowed is sales. No exceptions, once you allow one others follow, sorry. Hopefully refosoul will be up and running in the near future.

Chalky it was a tiny 30 second clip in poor quality, of a segment of a song nobody knows, for goodness sake, whats the difference of it being her or being in sales? If i were decent quality full length I could understand

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...For the record, it is perfectly acceptable and legal - and contravenes no copyright laws - for any website to feature a maximum of 30 seconds of music as an .mp3, without having to pay broadcast royalties or publishing fees.

Ace's own website features half minute .mp3s of up to three tracks off most of our CDs, selected in order to give people an overall idea of what they might expect to find on any given CD.

I would be very interested to know exactly what it is that prevents the posting of very short reference .mp3s on SS as I don't see how it can be in any way 'for legal reasons'.

Unfortunately, Pete, this one was put up and taken down before I had a chance to listen so your question of last night has to remain unanswered for now...

Social source share

I understand that it's a general rule not to post mp3's apart from sales to avoid any problems at all. Hence a 30 sec clip is a no-no. But to really take down a 30 sec clip is a bit anal IMO. Think it's time to amend the board rules and to allow mp3s of up to 20/30 sec length.

Social source share

I presume the reason Ace and others can use a 30 second clip is for sales purposes? Maybe reason why clips are allowed in sales? As for rest of site it is probably perceived as file sharing if not sales related???? Anyway it's one thing reading every post as a moderator but to download every sound clip if allowed to make sure it doesn't break the law is something I don't fancy doing.

As said it is a site rule, there for a good reason I presume and I don't make the rules just enduser they are followed. Hopefully refosoul will be back up and running in the near future so that will solve the problem.

Do as Dave suggested Pete?

Social source share

I presume the reason Ace and others can use a 30 second clip is for sales purposes? Maybe reason why clips are allowed in sales? As for rest of site it is probably perceived as file sharing if not sales related???? Anyway it's one thing reading every post as a moderator but to download every sound clip if allowed to make sure it doesn't break the law is something I don't fancy doing.

As said it is a site rule, there for a good reason I presume and I don't make the rules just enduser they are followed. Hopefully refosoul will be back up and running in the near future so that will solve the problem.

Do as Dave suggested Pete?

I wasn't sure about that as I thought I might get in trouble for doing it that way!

Social source share

...For the record, it is perfectly acceptable and legal - and contravenes no copyright laws - for any website to feature a maximum of 30 seconds of music as an .mp3, without having to pay broadcast royalties or publishing fees.

Ace's own website features half minute .mp3s of up to three tracks off most of our CDs, selected in order to give people an overall idea of what they might expect to find on any given CD.

I would be very interested to know exactly what it is that prevents the posting of very short reference .mp3s on SS as I don't see how it can be in any way 'for legal reasons'.

Unfortunately, Pete, this one was put up and taken down before I had a chance to listen so your question of last night has to remain unanswered for now...

suggest you re-check your source for the bolded bit as I would say its wrong if talking about uk

last time looked there was a specific licence needed for under 30 second clips complete with a nice fee (for uk sites)

Social source share

terms of use say no mp3s less sales

the whole issue of copyright etc can be a grey and ever changing area

removal and such is normally left to the mods discretion

as its hoped that in the near future will have a solution to this "sounds" on site issue

am not looking at changing the current mp3 rule at this current moment

cheers

mike

Social source share

Writers credits for 'The Right Kind' are to J.Pheeny if that's any help, who is also credited with 'What's Your Name'.

The histories I've read about Blackwell & Stevens early days starting up Sue records do lend to the theory that the vocal is an American R&B track.

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

This is not telling the Mods how to do their job but is a query! Whats the difference between posting an MP3 in one part of the site from than in sales. I thought The Goverment had just changed the law on copyright or are about to!

I appreciate rules Mike but I thought in the past the MP3 situation had been resolved by refosoul; but as refosoul is not active can you have Mp3s for the purpose of study? as their is no intention to defraud the copyright holder and I think this is where the goverment have latched onto! Sorry if this sounds like a little pressure to get Refosoul up and running again but I am missing it ! Its a great source of unknown material.

Social source share

So is that it then - the first time Soul Source has never been able to come up with an artist or label for a track?

You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you odd

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!