Indie Wholesale Distributor Stock Gone

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Not much soul, but a large percentage of the stock for the Reggae label Roots that Eddie Piller and I run together, has melted down and is now lost.

Running an indie record label is often a thankless task - I laughed at Ken's comments on another thread describing Ed as a millionaire record company owner - and this has made it harder, probably not just for those effected but the whole of the UK industry.

Also I'd suggest not getting on a plane with Ed at the moment, his luck seems shot! :)

Social source share

Not much soul, but a large percentage of the stock for the Reggae label Roots that Eddie Piller and I run together, has melted down and is now lost.

Running an indie record label is often a thankless task - I laughed at Ken's comments on another thread describing Ed as a millionaire record company owner - and this has made it harder, probably not just for those effected but the whole of the UK industry.

Also I'd suggest not getting on a plane with Ed at the moment, his luck seems shot! :)

Surely your stock is insured?

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Dean this is very bad news I really feel sorry for you guy's i wish you all the best for the future mate if you anr to start up again let me know if i can help I will regards Simon.

Social source share

Guest john s

Surely your stock is insured?

I'd think cash flow is going to be the problem for a lot of labels - might take months for the insurance claims to get processed.

Social source share

I did say maybe !,hope he starts to have some better luck i dont even know if i have a home to go back to.

Social source share

As John says it's a question of cash flow, and also whether the distributor survives until the insurance pays up. Also the insurance will only cough up the cost of manufacture, not for the loss of business - maybe 60 0r 70 pence a unit.

All my stock went as well Dean. Just another headache to go along with losing my holiday 'cos the travel company went bust. Some week I'm having......

Ian D :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!