Empty Bottles | Rhythm & Soul Club | Friday 9Th September, Leeds

Guest RichEvans

Guest RichEvans

Empty Bottles

Rhythm & Soul Club | Friday Sept 9th

Rare 60s & Upfront Northern Soul, R&B, Funk & Latin Dancers

A mix of new, current and just plain quality sounds...

Guest DJ’s : Roger Banks, Tony Hatfield, Tomas Mcgrath

Residents : Eddie Wainwright & Gary Brown (Rich away this month) - 100% Original Vinyl

Expect uptempo & rare 60s in the main....

When | Friday 9 September - then 2nd Fri bi-monthly

Where | Santiago’s, Leeds (1 Grand Arcade, Leeds, LS1 6PG)

Time | 9pm - 3am

Tax | £5 on the door or £3 with a flyer/PM

Upstairs at Santiago's is the venue in Leeds city centre. It's an atmospheric venue with a capacity of just over a 100 and wooden flooring throughout, ideal for dancing. There’s car parking and hotels on the doorstep.

September sees us welcome three guest DJ's who we think will fit right in to the Empty Bottles Mojo. These three have got some right tunes and were all looking forward to them dialling up the party atmosphere.

Roger Banks | DJ, dancer & drinker since the 70s. Roger’s been

keeping the floors (and bars) busy at the UK’s top RnB, Northern and Mod nights for years. Expect top drawer Northern & RnB dancers from Roger aimed squarely at the floor and keeping your feet on the go.

Tony Hatfield | The driving force behind York Soul Club. Tony can mix it up very nicely indeed and is certain to get the dance floor grooving. Expect a mix of classy rare and underplayed gems of the highest order and a few that we all know and love thrown in for good measure!

Tomas Mcgrath | Also gracing the decks is Tomas Mcgrath who runs the Pork & Beans Rhythm & Soul Club in London. Expect to hear some great 60s Northern alongside a good dose of RnB and funk-edged dancers. Tomas has recently impressed up north at ‘Different Strokes’ in Manchester and we’re sure he’ll keep the dancers busy at Empty Bottles.

£5 on the door or £3 with a PM to Gaz gets you 6 hours of some of the finest soulful dancers you will hear anywhere.

;)

Edited by RichEvans
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 20
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest RichEvans

Will be great to have you at EB Tomas...

You bringing a few southerners up for the night mate? If so will make sure they have the shandies at the ready... ;-)

Gaz n Rich

A car full of us coming over from Hull for this one.........be good to heckle me old mates Roger & Tony.

Looking forward to another great night at Empties :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Cheers

Martyn

Nice one guv.

I'll put some chicken wire across the DJ booth in case your heckling gets out of hand and you start throwing bottles... Blues Brothers style.

No one will be spinning Raw Hide though!!!

We'll be there,can you put us both down on gthe cheapskates list please :thumbsup: x

Make that three!! cos I'll be back :thumbup:

Hope you had a good holiday Kirsty, can't wait to hear all about it.

Looking forward to Empty Bottles as I missed the last one :(

See you all when I'm back in the country (if they let me back in :D )

Ali xx

Guest RichEvans

Had a few people message me for 3£ advanced cheapo entry! Please msg Gaz as I'm away and may not be able to pick up PMs! And it rubs it in I'll be missing it ;-)

Alison, could do with you on fan duty over here!?

Who is on camera duty as I want loads of messy photos up to laugh at?! Haha

Looks like it's gonna be another packed party and with the line up the music will no doubt be top notch as ever!

Ta....

Rich

Make that three!! cos I'll be back :thumbup:

Hope you had a good holiday Kirsty, can't wait to hear all about it.

Looking forward to Empty Bottles as I missed the last one :(

See you all when I'm back in the country (if they let me back in :D )

Ali xx

Great news that you are coming :thumbsup: Hope America was good,our hol was brill up until half an hour before the coach to the airport was due to take us back & I slipped in the restaurant on a soaking wet floor that some stupid cleaner had just decided to clean. I've bruised all my arm & am in the process of trying to get a free holiday out of them :yes: xx

Great news that you are coming :thumbsup: Hope America was good,our hol was brill up until half an hour before the coach to the airport was due to take us back & I slipped in the restaurant on a soaking wet floor that some stupid cleaner had just decided to clean. I've bruised all my arm & am in the process of trying to get a free holiday out of them :yes: xx

:lol: :lol: It beat's my parking ticket in front of the Whitehouse then :rolleyes: I'm in process of trying to get the fine reduced, but I don't think Mr Obama will give me a free holiday for the inconvenience :D Good luck babe & see you tomorrow x :thumbsup:

Had a few people message me for 3£ advanced cheapo entry! Please msg Gaz as I'm away and may not be able to pick up PMs! And it rubs it in I'll be missing it ;-)

Alison, could do with you on fan duty over here!?

Who is on camera duty as I want loads of messy photos up to laugh at?! Haha

Looks like it's gonna be another packed party and with the line up the music will no doubt be top notch as ever!

Ta....

Rich

Rich, I've forgot, but where you are ????

Looks like it's somewhere hot & exotic, so I'll be straight over :yes: ...... but only after Empty Bottles :P

Hope you & Georgina are having a great time :thumbsup:

Don't fret about missing Empty Bottles either, we'll all make sure we have a good time on your behalf :D

Take care & stay safe

Ali x