Pete S

Quality Packaging

Thought I'd share this with you as I've never seen anything like it before. Recieved a record this morning and it was packed in a jiffy bag with what more or less constitutes a plank of wood to stop it bending, look how thick it is! Record was safe as houses.

post-1893-0-09191300-1313061076_thumb.jp post-1893-0-34643600-1313061082_thumb.jp

I've had the same thing from the States, but no jiffy bag - just a brown envelope.

Can't remember seller - wonder if it was the same person :lol:

Thought I'd share this with you as I've never seen anything like it before. Recieved a record this morning and it was packed in a jiffy bag with what more or less constitutes a plank of wood to stop it bending, look how thick it is! Record was safe as houses.

post-1893-0-09191300-1313061076_thumb.jp post-1893-0-34643600-1313061082_thumb.jp

I got an Ann Sexton the other day wrapped like this minus the wood. :ohmy: Couldn't believe it was still in one piece.

Ordered an Originals LP from the states a couple of weeks ago for about $1.99. When the package arrived I thought my boat had come! There were 3 LP's in the package. However...

On opening the package, the LP on top was Ben by Michael Jackson, and one on the botton was just as bad & both in really crap condition. It then dawned on my that this was just the packing (and a novel way of getting rid of some rubbish vinyl too I guess)!

you get some weird packages Pete

Ordered an Originals LP from the states a couple of weeks ago for about $1.99. When the package arrived I thought my boat had come! There were 3 LP's in the package. However...

On opening the package, the LP on top was Ben by Michael Jackson, and one on the botton was just as bad & both in really crap condition. It then dawned on my that this was just the packing (and a novel way of getting rid of some rubbish vinyl too I guess)!

ben ...michael jackson.........sum good tunes on there y`know

dave

I once ordered, "Just can't wait any longer" by BIg Maybelle from a guy in New York who was selling a fair amount of high dollar, nice condition items. It arrived packed like the Volcanos record above but cracked nearly in half. I told him the deal & mailed it back excited that he said no problem he had another mint copy. Two weeks later, same envelope, same result to what he held was a previously mint record. I was shocked, he made no attempt to protect the record whatsoever, and the BIg Mybelle i bought was cheap in comparison to some of his other sales. FInally I recieved a THIRD copy of the record, packed THE SAME WAY :lol: and a miraculously unbroken 45... I DON'T GET IT :rofl:

Edited by Preems

If you've ever worked on the arrivals deck of a large Royal Mail sorting centre, it's a miracle so much of this stuff survives the journey unscathed.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.