Quality Packaging

Pete S

Thought I'd share this with you as I've never seen anything like it before. Recieved a record this morning and it was packed in a jiffy bag with what more or less constitutes a plank of wood to stop it bending, look how thick it is! Record was safe as houses.

post-1893-0-09191300-1313061076_thumb.jp post-1893-0-34643600-1313061082_thumb.jp

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thought I'd share this with you as I've never seen anything like it before. Recieved a record this morning and it was packed in a jiffy bag with what more or less constitutes a plank of wood to stop it bending, look how thick it is! Record was safe as houses.

post-1893-0-09191300-1313061076_thumb.jp post-1893-0-34643600-1313061082_thumb.jp

I got an Ann Sexton the other day wrapped like this minus the wood. :ohmy: Couldn't believe it was still in one piece.

Social source share

Ordered an Originals LP from the states a couple of weeks ago for about $1.99. When the package arrived I thought my boat had come! There were 3 LP's in the package. However...

On opening the package, the LP on top was Ben by Michael Jackson, and one on the botton was just as bad & both in really crap condition. It then dawned on my that this was just the packing (and a novel way of getting rid of some rubbish vinyl too I guess)!

Social source share

you get some weird packages Pete

Social source share

Ordered an Originals LP from the states a couple of weeks ago for about $1.99. When the package arrived I thought my boat had come! There were 3 LP's in the package. However...

On opening the package, the LP on top was Ben by Michael Jackson, and one on the botton was just as bad & both in really crap condition. It then dawned on my that this was just the packing (and a novel way of getting rid of some rubbish vinyl too I guess)!

ben ...michael jackson.........sum good tunes on there y`know

dave

Social source share

Guest Preems

I once ordered, "Just can't wait any longer" by BIg Maybelle from a guy in New York who was selling a fair amount of high dollar, nice condition items. It arrived packed like the Volcanos record above but cracked nearly in half. I told him the deal & mailed it back excited that he said no problem he had another mint copy. Two weeks later, same envelope, same result to what he held was a previously mint record. I was shocked, he made no attempt to protect the record whatsoever, and the BIg Mybelle i bought was cheap in comparison to some of his other sales. FInally I recieved a THIRD copy of the record, packed THE SAME WAY :lol: and a miraculously unbroken 45... I DON'T GET IT :rofl:

Edited by Preems
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!