Top Dog - Just Back From States - Wild Honey, Chosen Few, Donnie Jacobs + More

Dave Thorley

Hi Guys

Just back from a good trip, loads to put up over the next month, below are just a few of the ones we have got up today, all with sound files.

www.topdogrecords.co.uk

• Chosen Few - I'm alone - Faces £400

Rarest of the rare, sweet group soul midtempo dancer from the deep south

• Wild Honey - I can't let go - Houston International £320

Funky Edged, indemand Oscar Perry production, killer midtempo female dancer in the box several of Europes major DJ's

• Truth and Soul - God's getting tied - Memorial £25

Stupidly rare indemand, stunning group soul/gospel ballad

• Donnie Jacobs - Proud man - Masion De Soul £180

RARE New Orleans uptempo funky 60's dancer, killer horns intro

• Peace On Earth P.O.E. - I don't know why girl - Chat Town £250

Oh so rare killer group harmont 70's midtempo dancer from Tennessee

Plus a whole bunch more, thanks for looking, more going up every day

Thanks

Dave & Malayka

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 7
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

hey dave - the soundclips on your most recent arrivals sound really muffled. just thought i would let ya know ;)

Hi

Thanks

Just tried playing them off the site myself and they paly fine but only in mono. So will have to look into that, had a virus before I went and everything got screwd up

Thanks

Dave

Social source share

despite being on a louisiana label, the chosen few on faces are actually from florida, they are the same group as the significants on alesvers

Good job I genralized with deep south then. Hope all is well with you Bob, shame we didn't makle it up for the Chicago gig, as we could have had a beer together.

Dave

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Good job I genralized with deep south then. Hope all is well with you Bob, shame we didn't makle it up for the Chicago gig, as we could have had a beer together.

Dave

I'm also sorry I didn't get to meet you... I especially would have liked to look through some of the stuff you found! Wasn't criticizing about the chosen few, just adding info. Here is a cool poster I have for the group, Chosen Few were the band (as you can see on the poster), the same woman that sings lead on both the significants 45s sings on that Chosen Few 45 and the same female singers are backup (the one guy had left by that point).

post-5120-0-41285000-1313075355_thumb.jp

Social source share

Guest stonedsoul

I'm also sorry I didn't get to meet you... I especially would have liked to look through some of the stuff you found! Wasn't criticizing about the chosen few, just adding info. Here is a cool poster I have for the group, Chosen Few were the band (as you can see on the poster), the same woman that sings lead on both the significants 45s sings on that Chosen Few 45 and the same female singers are backup (the one guy had left by that point).

post-5120-0-41285000-1313075355_thumb.jp

cool shit, where'd you get that if you don't mind telling

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!